Kookas

West Midlands Mod (In Progress)

West Mids Poll  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Manual or Automated commands?

• Manual
    • Automated

Yeah, I had a look around and it seems that vans coloured yellow are usually marked CCTV units.

I've never seen or heard of yellow cars before, but I'm guessing it's the same: units with CCTV or some kind of video recording. Never seen any on patrol around here.

Yeah, I had a look around and it seems that vans coloured yellow are usually marked CCTV units.

I've never seen or heard of yellow cars before, but I'm guessing it's the same: units with CCTV or some kind of video recording. Never seen any on patrol around here.

I think all patrol cars now have video cameras in them. I don't think a yellow police car would mean it has video cameras in.

True, all cars have dashcams now, I think..

I don't know what else yellow cars could be though. Maybe cars that have CCTV actively recording in several angles.

I'm not sure but I think all patrol cars have cameras at the front and back anyway. I'll try and find out why the cars are yellow, but I don't think there is really a reason.

this is WM mod not Manchester mod!!

Yes I know, I'm not stupid.

I was just showing some examples of yellow police units.

I'm not sure but I think all patrol cars have cameras at the front and back anyway.

I know traffic cars have cameras. Not sure about normal patrol cars, I doubt every one has cameras....

It's possible that it's just some sort of high visibility paint, but I don't see why only some cars would have it and some cars of the exact same type would not.

Perhaps it's just because that it is a cheap colour to buy the car, because nobody wants to drive a car that colour. :P

If there is a reason, then maybe only the police themselves know.

By the way today I saw a really unusual model of police car on patrol, I didn't recognise the badge, can't work out what it is.

Perhaps it's just because that it is a cheap colour to buy the car, because nobody wants to drive a car that colour. :P

If there is a reason, then maybe only the police themselves know.

By the way today I saw a really unusual model of police car on patrol, I didn't recognise the badge, can't work out what it is.

What was the car's model? Where did you see it? I could add it to the list if it's WMPS.

Also, I could probably add the Peugeot to the game, purely for variety. Then I'd employ a dispatch system where you have a few people who dispatch the various vehicles, as found in games such as Hamburg mod and Winterberg mod. I have another question regarding objects, how difficult would it be to program a gate, like the ones found at train tracks, for the police station, and garage doors for the fire station and ambulance house?

how difficult would it be to program a gate, like the ones found at train tracks, for the police station, and garage doors for the fire station and ambulance house?

Talk about gates and thing like that, you know some fire stations which are situated on busy roads, they have Railway-Like Crossing lights and sirens to stop cars so the fire trucks/ambulances can get out without hinderance from traffic

About those gates - hopefully it's not too hard. A lot of mods have figured out somehow, and perhaps some makers would be nice enough to help you.

About the car I saw: I'm really not sure it was. At first, I thought it could have been a Vauxhall Insignia. But I just looked around on google a bit more, and I think it was this car, the Jaguar XF. The colours were the usual white and battenberg of west midlands, not grey like the photos.

Never seen one of those before - not 100% sure if I have the right car, but pretty sure. :)

Alright. I'm assuming you plan to put some traffic cars in? :)

And if you need some sirens I have two, maybe more if I find some..or just anything we can do to help feel free to ask :P

Yep, but I don't feel I will put in too many, especially as police chases can't really be done. They are referred to in the first post as "RPUs". That stands for "Road Policing Units". The ones included here will be a Range Rover SE and a Volvo S80 (or S60, can't remember).

About the sirens, maybe, depends if I will record my own or digitally recreate it somehow.

I think West Midlands Police use Volvo S60s as traffic cars or Road Policing Units.

Are you going to include the Central Motorway Police? I think they use Volvos and Range Rovers?

Don't really know what it is, but according to Wikipedia, it's just a group which consists of three West Midlands region police forces. I don't think the police cars look any different.

They are the police group for the motorways and look pretty much the same as a normal police car. The only difference is very small and that is the CMPG logo in the rear window :P

The CMPG cars are probably faster and more powerful then normal patrol cars because they are used on the motorways.

And I think WM Police use Volvo V70s as traffic cars, and I found a blue peugeot 407 with battenburg markings.

Sorry, but I don't know if that's true, due to a lack of photos or other proof and because I've never seen it in real life either. I think you are confusing it with Yorkshire police. Different fleet. Yorkshire cops have plenty of Volvo V70 traffic cars.