Guest scottb2

2.0 before Sep 2010

Guest scottb2

My son is bugging me so much I have lost more of my hair ! Is there any way I can get

v 2.0 before the download is back on line September 2010?

Please somebody help me get this youngster off my back. If you can e-mail me off list with the file let me know.

I really appreciate any help...

Guest pmadden94
My son is bugging me so much I have lost more of my hair ! Is there any way I can get

Please somebody help me get this youngster off my back. If you can e-mail me off list with the file let me know.

The message for downloads looks like it says 9/2/10, but if you read the little note next to it, it says (dd/mm/yy) as in, the download center will be back up and ready for use in 3 days. That, and the file is too large to email.

So...just wait 3 days

Don't use your kids as an excuse to get what you want.

:nein::mad:

Jeez

EDIT use this

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?showtopic=9436

It's because a dd-mm-yy date notation is being used in the Netherlands (and the rest of Europe?). We always write the day before the month, today is 06-02-2010 (6 February 2010; that's also how we always pronounce a date in Dutch: day before month). It can be confusing sometimes. :)

edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Date.png

Guest pmadden94
It's because a dd-mm-yy date notation is being used in the Netherlands (and the rest of Europe?). We always write the day before the month, today is 06-02-2010 (6 February 2010; that's also how we always pronounce a date in Dutch: day before month). It can be confusing sometimes. :)

yeah. thats probably why he was confused. I tried to explain...

Guest scottb2

Thank you for your replies. I can wait until the 6th, sorry for the confusion on the dates...

And yes it's for my 10 year old. In fact this is his training; his goal is to be a Los Angeles Fireman.

Thank you for your replies. I can wait until the 6th, sorry for the confusion on the dates...

And yes it's for my 10 year old. In fact this is his training; his goal is to be a Los Angeles Fireman.

:\ That makes no sense. This is not a trainer for the Los Angeles Fire Department. He can start the Fire explorers, depending on the area, at 15 and graduated 8th grade (14 for some areas, depending on where you live). Please do not call this training of any sort. All fire explorer cadets need to be in good physical shape, as well as strong academics. I'm glad he wants to join. This is strictly for fun, and can encourage goals

And never bring your kids into this. We all know it's you :\ lol

@ LACityFFengineCo287:

He's only ten. The game is not realistic, but the Los Angeles mod can give you some insight about the LAFD apparatus and increase general interest. Besides that, the game can be informative in a very basic way. For example: Firefighters have more tasks besides fighting fires. That's obvious for the most of us, but young kids might not know that (yet). So Voodoo_Operator is right.

Of course it's only a game for fun. There are no games which can REALLY train you for real life situations. Most 10-year-old kids also think that The Sims series are simulators. I'm just saying. I rather see kids playing the Los Angeles Mod than starting real fires or playing dumb shooters like Call of Duty.

@ LACityFFengineCo287:

He's only ten. The game is not realistic, but the Los Angeles mod can give you some insight about the LAFD apparatus and increase general interest. Besides that, the game can be informative in a very basic way. For example: Firefighters have more tasks besides fighting fires. That's obvious for the most of us, but young kids might not know that (yet). So Voodoo_Operator is right.

Of course it's only a game for fun. There are no games which can REALLY train you for real life situations. Most 10-year-old kids also think that The Sims series are simulators. I'm just saying. I rather see kids playing the Los Angeles Mod than starting real fires or playing dumb shooters like Call of Duty.

Yeah, but this is more to everyone in general. I actually got messaged asking if it could really help with the LAFD.

Oh yes, and they actually make simulators that get pretty close to the real thing.

And Call Of Duty is not realistic. Respawning, airstrikes every few seconds, and a tactical nuke are not realistic in modern combat.

And Call Of Duty is not realistic. Respawning, airstrikes every few seconds, and a tactical nuke are not realistic in modern combat.

There are other aspects to the game to make it "real"

not saying that the game is a sim, or real at all.

But the combat/action system has nothing to do with realism.

That's almost the same as saying mario is a simulator, cause i can jump on turtles to.

edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Date.png

in Latainamerica is the same system like in europe