mutu

Game recorders supporting EM4

Did you try Taksi?

it's basically the same as Fraps, but free.

And you can turn the frame rate down on it.

makes the movies not as smooth, but it will stress you pc less out.

also it does not record audio on it, (saving even more precious cpu and mem space).

You can also try to find some driver software for you graphics card.

some Nvidia card have their own video recording software for games.

I use obs it's free to use the full version. Only problem is it can be a bit of a pain in the arse to set up at first.

True dat. You need to adjust quite a number of settings before you can get satisfactory results. An example taken by me using OBS.

https://vid.me/o3Oy

I personally choose OBS over Fraps just because of the lower filesize, and that .flv is much easier to play with than .avi

True dat. You need to adjust quite a number of settings before you can get satisfactory results. An example taken by me using OBS.

https://vid.me/o3Oy

I personally choose OBS over Fraps just because of the lower filesize, and that .flv is much easier to play with than .avi

Yeah but its probably one of the best imo, there are tutorials on how to set obs up, they helped me when I first started using it. Then like you said its just fine tuning it to your preferences.

I save mine in .mp4 format then its easier for me to load/edit them in Windows Movie Maker (don't laugh shhh lol).

Yeah but its probably one of the best imo, there are tutorials on how to set obs up, they helped me when I first started using it. Then like you said its just fine tuning it to your preferences.

I save mine in .mp4 format then its easier for me to load/edit them in Windows Movie Maker (don't laugh shhh lol).

I just transitioned to it because of its low file size in relation to FRAPS. With Fraps, you aint getting under 100mb for an 8 minute video. More like over 10gb or more. WIth this OBS and a bit of playing around, 100+mb would fit an 8 minute video.

I've only tested OBS with vid.me and noticed much better upload speeds than YouTube. I will be uploading something soon for sake of comparison.

I just transitioned to it because of its low file size in relation to FRAPS. With Fraps, you aint getting under 100mb for an 8 minute video. More like over 10gb or more. WIth this OBS and a bit of playing around, 100+mb would fit an 8 minute video.

I've only tested OBS with vid.me and noticed much better upload speeds than YouTube. I will be uploading something soon for sake of comparison.

I find it depends on how heavy the load is on your system. With some mods I can play & record for over an hour its the file size is only 900mb+. Where as with others I can play for 30-40 minutes and the file size is 1.5gb+. I have noticed that with the London mod the file size its alot higher for some reason then any other mods.

But saying that I can play Spintires or Euro Truck Sim 2 for 30-60 minutes and the file size its like 600mb. This could also be because I haven't optimized the settings for EM4 lol.

True, I think it takes longer to upload on Youtube due to all the different video quality options. Plus it depends on how good your upload speed is. I only have 1.1mb up speed so its takes a couple of hours to upload to YouTube for a video which is 800mb+.