Randall McMurphy

Astragon is developing a new FF game, "Firefighting Simulator" on UnrealEngine 4 and it looks awesome.

First started topic. Let me know if I posted somewhere or something incorrectly but I think this is where this post belongs.

So Astragon are making another FF game and at first glance it doesn't look anything like their previous attempts. In fact it looks down right awesome. Now, I'm going to post a youtube link to the trailer but keep in mind nearly this entire thing is prerendered, but it is rendered in the same engine the game will use. UE4 is a pretty powerful suite of design and content creation tools and I have no doubt the graphics will be far better than anything we've seen in the FF series of first person games so far. Also, it means fluids and fire and smoke can have physics applied to them in a much more proper manner than has been done before. See, a FF game is hard because you're using three things that are all very CPU intensive: particle effects for water, fire, steam and smoke; fire propagation throughout an area or structure dynamically based on variables from material burning to oxygen content in that room or area; and an AI that knows what to do in the event of hundreds of possible situations instead of being 3 other guys that follow you around uselessly. Anyway without further delay:

On 7/17/2016 at 2:47 PM, mr matt5432123 said:

Considering it's coming out in 2017 and on unity engine

It's actually going to be on UnrealEngine4: " Firefighting Simulator will be developed using the Unreal® Engine 4" which is vastly more powerful and robust than Unity. Unity is great and both engines follow very similar workflows but UE4 can do things with physics and particles that Unity can't and it can do them while using less system resources. Meaning we hopefully won't have a repeat of the "Emergency 5 requires WHAT to run?!" with this.

We'll see, it's a long ways out but hey, it's something better than the glitchy pile of code and art assets they pass off as an FF game right now.