JrFF34

[WIP] LAX/Additional Units Sub Mod

This is a brief summary of what I plan to make. I will update this post later on. Currently I have plans to make a mod/submod which is focused on an airport and the surrounding town/city. Mod will feature FD/EMS from both ARFF and local city and PD from local and federal levels.

Stay tuned for updates.

Anyone willing to help out, please message me with your skills.

Thanks!

Introducing a new sub-mod to Hoppah's Los Angeles Modification 2.1!

This mod will feature "Additional Units" to the current LA Mod. 

Currently, re-skins of vehicles and peds are the only works in progress at this time. Also, a new map mainly focusing on an airport and small suburb may be included. Currently working on the LA Mod Airport Mission map. 

Units to expect:

ALS Engine

Aerial Ladder

Crash Truck

Brush Truck

HazMat/USAR 

Battalion Chief

ALS Ambulance

CAL FIRE

Many units (crash truck, ambulance etc.) have already been created by Hoppah and will be included in the mod without any alternations. 

Current Progress: 2%

Fx36Qi1.png

sg4gssD.png

909Lkf1.png

Jp3VtLf.png

You will get more chance of people helping if you show of your skills first :) also if this is your first time modding maybe try using the la mod as a base?At least till you get a team

You will get more chance of people helping if you show of your skills first :) also if this is your first time modding maybe try using the la mod as a base?At least till you get a team

JrFF34 helped us hugely with our map for Stillwater. If you want to see his skills you can go to the Stillwater Thread and check out the army base he created. He also created the texture for the Mammoth Lake Sheriff CVPI.

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/17912-stillwater-modification-fictional-in-progress/?p=263784

Good luck mate, looking forward to seeing updates  ;)

Thanks Rlast.

I plan on using units from the LA Mod and just reskinning them but if you guys have any ARFF models feel free to send them my way. Debating on whether Im going to create a whole new map from scratch (gonna take some time since Ill have to learn it) or if im going to overhaul the airport mission map from LA Mod. 

Debating on making this LAX or another city. Maybe even Air Force. Suggestions please!

My choice is between either doing a US AFB or Philadelphia International Airport, because I do not believe there is a Philadelphia mod being made/already made, it would add uniqueness(Is that a word? lol). The idea sounds awesome!

I believe im going to go with LAX because I really like the airport map that is already in LA Mod. I start working and cleaned up the airport from debris, I believe the fire dept will be located on the end of the airport where the explosion mission takes place, its right near the gate incase they need to get off the runway. Also have to start deciding what I am going to do on the outskirts of the map city wise.....

As for stations..

Main Station (Located near Gate #2)

2x Crash Trucks

1x ALS Engine

1x Aerial Ladder

1x Brush (Quick Attack)

1x Light Equipment Vehicle

2x ALS Ambulance

1x Battalion

1x EMS Supervisor (possibly)

2nd Station (Not Definite)

2x Crash Tenders

1x Foam Tender

Have you looked into what sort of vehicles/staffing LAX really has? That might be the place to start...

I agree with Fred, the vehicles you listed I don't think are the ones that LAX uses.... I wanna say they have 4-5 crash trucks along with a little bit less "other" vehicles such as the small "brush" type trucks. 

this video might help a little, it does look like they have 4 crash trucks and an engine at least. Plus Just want to let you know Jrff that they do have a coast guard base that is found near the runways if you wanted to add a few helipads into it for coast guard, that would be neat :)

This may be a bit dated but the stations in Battalion 4, which is the LAX area, are as follows:

Station 5: TF, PA, EM, URB, Bn4
Station 51: AE, PA
Station 62: AE,PA
Station 63: TF, PA
Station 67: AE, RA
Station 80: CR, FM
Station 95: TF, PA, SQ

TF = Task Force(2 pumpers and a tiller)

PA = Paramedic Ambulance

EM = EMS Capatin

URB = Back up USAR

Bn4 = Battalion Chief 4

AE = Paramedic Assessment Engine.

RA = BLS Rescue Ambulance

CR = Crash Tender

FM = Foam Tender

SQ = Hazmat Squad

This may be a bit dated but the stations in Battalion 4, which is the LAX area, are as follows:

Station 5: TF, PA, EM, URB, Bn4

Station 51: AE, PA

Station 62: AE,PA

Station 63: TF, PA

Station 67: AE, RA

Station 80: CR, FM

Station 95: TF, PA, SQ

TF = Task Force(2 pumpers and a tiller)

PA = Paramedic Ambulance

EM = EMS Capatin

URB = Back up USAR

Bn4 = Battalion Chief 4

AE = Paramedic Assessment Engine.

RA = BLS Rescue Ambulance

CR = Crash Tender

FM = Foam Tender

SQ = Hazmat Squad

I feel like LAX wold have more than just one crash tender. ..

I believe im going to go with LAX because I really like the airport map that is already in LA Mod. I start working and cleaned up the airport from debris, I believe the fire dept will be located on the end of the airport where the explosion mission takes place, its right near the gate incase they need to get off the runway. Also have to start deciding what I am going to do on the outskirts of the map city wise.....

As for stations..

Main Station (Located near Gate #2)

2x Crash Trucks - this is good for realism

1x ALS Engine - Most Airports are going with a engine as well in case they have a fire in the terminal

1x Aerial Ladder - same as above

1x Brush (Quick Attack) - I dunno about this one... is it really necessary 

1x Light Equipment Vehicle - This could be made into a First Response vehicle

2x ALS Ambulance - Does LAX really have ambulances on site??

1x Battalion - This could be taken over by the First Response vehicle

1x EMS Supervisor (possibly) - Not needed

2nd Station (Not Definite) Personally this station is not needed.

2x Crash Tenders

1x Foam Tender

Thats my opinion in the matter :-) great idea though :)

i understand you guys want to see this as realistic as possible and I love things to be realistic also but, I kind of want to spice the map up a bit and put more units at the stations so you have more of a variety than 4 crash trucks and an engine..I dont remember if I mentioned this but the FD on the airport will also run calls into the surrounding city. A second station may actually be in the city. 

Also, does anyone have that pack that had all of the textures unpacked? I deleted it and the link does not work. 

May I ask why there is only URB and no USAR

No idea.

Probably because that many car accidents don't happen and it's probably like a quick attack so it can get in the parking garages. Again it's a assumption so I could be totally wrong.

Nope, USAR 5 looks almost exactly like the Hazmat truck from the LA Mod so it is actually a much longer truck.

I feel like LAX wold have more than just one crash tender. ..

As I said, this may be dated. The new videos posted in the thread showed 2 or 3 crash tenders as I recall.