rafaelmfernandez

FDNY The Simulation Concept & Important News

Rafael I want to apologize for the misunderstanding. What I did was not the correct way about going and doing things and I am sorry. Rafael on this forum as well in other places you are an admired and well respected guy that a lot of people look up to. You are a very very popular person. I don't have anything against that or anyone else who is that way what so ever by the way. Anyway, I misunderstood your concept and got angry because I felt that you copied me. now I'm not crazy, paranoid or anything like that (for the most part I feel that I am normal. Depends on the day :P lol). One issue that I have a problem with is the big guy taking the little guys stuff and walking away with all the credit. As you can tell I really wont settle for someone doing that to me. I did not evaluate and understand the situation correctly. Whether or not you were copying the idea though what I did was inappropriate and not the way I would normally go about doing this kind of stuff (online or in person). I let my anger and my first thought get to me and did the wrong thing. Do take note though that I as well as everyone else are still just human ( thanks captain obvious). Anyway I hope you can except my sincere apologies. I also hope that maybe we can do collaborative works between our projects.

My sincere apologizes,

B2Bomber :sorrysign:

Rafael I want to apologize for the misunderstanding. What I did was not the correct way about going and doing things and I am sorry. Rafael on this forum as well in other places you are an admired and well respected guy that a lot of people look up to. You are a very very popular person. I don't have anything against that or anyone else who is that way what so ever by the way. Anyway, I misunderstood your concept and got angry because I felt that you copied me. now I'm not crazy, paranoid or anything like that (for the most part I feel that I am normal. Depends on the day :P lol). One issue that I have a problem with is the big guy taking the little guys stuff and walking away with all the credit. As you can tell I really wont settle for someone doing that to me. I did not evaluate and understand the situation correctly. Whether or not you were copying the idea though what I did was inappropriate and not the way I would normally go about doing this kind of stuff (online or in person). I let my anger and my first thought get to me and did the wrong thing. Do take note though that I as well as everyone else are still just human ( thanks captain obvious). Anyway I hope you can except my sincere apologies. I also hope that maybe we can do collaborative works between our projects.

My sincere apologizes,

B2Bomber :sorrysign:

I forgive you and I myself apoligize for flipping out on you. Im glad we can come to senses and yeah we can talk about collabing our talents.

Lol. Doing this project won't be free, you know that right? Do you have a bulky income source to finance the operations in order to construct, produce and print the game? It all depends on the ramifications of your game, such as size, game engine and scripts.

Lol. Doing this project won't be free, you know that right? Do you have one million dollars to finance the operations in order to construct, produce and print the game?

I really hope you know what you're doing when it comes to designing game, not a modification for a already developed game.

Yes we did our research. It's based off an already developed game engine available free and they even assist with publishing, the only real issues will be copyrighted NYC objects. This will be (hopefully) a digital release.

Dyson, There will though be more than just that. Copyrights for the game is going to cost some. All the assets, scripting, 3d models, sounds, and stuff will eventually begin to add up ( Doing all that yourself would take years to do) As for the unity game engine, The free version is actually somewhat restricted to what it can do. Shadows among other things wont work on the free version (dynamic shadows).As well as exporting privileges have been a major thing of concern. $1500 though for the full thing with no royalties is a great deal. The free version also puts a limit on how much you can make in a fiscal year to $100,000 ( not sure how the police that). I don't mean to be a Debby downer but that's the brick wall that I've hit working with this stuff. (Its taken me months just working on that crash test facility to get it to do basic stuff)

Dyson, There will though be more than just that. Copyrights for the game is going to cost some. All the assets, scripting, 3d models, sounds, and stuff will eventually begin to add up ( Doing all that yourself would take years to do) As for the unity game engine, The free version is actually somewhat restricted to what it can do. Shadows among other things wont work on the free version (dynamic shadows).As well as exporting privileges have been a major thing of concern. $1500 though for the full thing with no royalties is a great deal. The free version also puts a limit on how much you can make in a fiscal year to $100,000 ( not sure how the police that). I don't mean to be a Debby downer but that's the brick wall that I've hit working with this stuff. (Its taken me months just working on that crash test facility to get it to do basic stuff)

Well from the work that Rafael has started the basic free unity engine is more than enough to work with. The money cap is no issue we aren't working for the money. The copyright issue, I am from more of a music background, and that industry runs almost free copyright protection on a basic level, I'd be shocked to find out games, which are harder and more rarely copied, use a more expensive system.

So there's my answers. Back to development.

x

Hey developers,

Is this still an active project?

We opted to continue work on modding Em4 rather than starting work on this, it's still an active concept which we hope to return to, but for now we (speaking for Raf too) feel our efforts are better placed in modding than developing for the time being.

Hope this was clear and explanatory.

x