MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

Also Known As: Not the NY Mod You're Thinking Of!

1. General Information

This is a modification created to represent the general area of New York City with vehicles and personnel reflecting the city of New York, unlike other mods which specifically picked a bourrogh to represent, this modification more or less covers the city as a whole. While perhaps not the most realistic scenario it allowed me to pick units from all over the city and include them for their uniqueness or because I liked them over what might have been for example in the Bronx only. Currently in V1.0 the map is a modified original map, which I admit is not the best feel for NYC... In the end making a new map will take some time with new buildings and what not and I really wanted to release a functional version with the features necessary to play it and then for the next version work on the things that I sadly could not get done for the first version.

The gameplay aspect of this mod is designed to be more of a hybrid of the original game and the Los Angeles modification, I felt that the LA mod added exellent realism, but at the cost of the strategy aspect which this game originally intended to exist. So I've tried to add realism and functions that are indeed useful without making it to where it became too "easy" and removed the strategy which made this game appealing in the first place. Some of the units have features that other vehicles will not, this is done on purpose to make you have to plan and think about what you send and how you use the resources available to you.

Please note that this modification is based 2002-2008 or so, I've locked the date in on purpose as this permits the ability to focus on adding new features as opposed to attempting to keep every vehicle current since larger cities tend to get new vehicles relatively often it would have made the modification never-ending in development. I wanted to be able to complete a project I felt was necessary for the mod and move onto the next, which is how all subsequent future additions will proceed.

Hopefully you enjoy this representation of the city of New York=)

2. Mod Features

- Different police vehicles under 1 icon, also called 'random spawn'. Only works in free play.

- Two fire stations, one police station and one hospital on edited freeplay map (based on LA Mod functionality).

- Small tow truck can only tow small vehicles

- Large tow truck can only tow bigger vehicles and can also lift vehicles with its crane.

- Riot police units who can form up (based on NL Mod riot police)

-Functional Hiriser bars

- etc. :holdglass:

3. The Team

MikeyPI: Team leader and 3D-modelling

Hoppah: Scripting and coding

NewFoundKing: Light and map editing

Francis: Some scripting and general assistance along with the siren audio

4. Download

http://forum.emergen...y-modification/

• Upvote 3

Wait, is, is this the New York Mod or is another mod called New York Mod? I´m confused... Anyways LOOKS GREAT!!!! can´t wait to play it :)

Nope, it is something new. There are no things in common with other New York mods, not even models.

Glad your back Hoppah.

Looking Great!

Thanks! MikeyPI is the team leader of this mod though. I don't have enough time to work on my own mods anymore, so I'm stuck to supporting tasks such as coding, scripting and bugfixing. :blush:handdown.gif

Woo a new york mod is in sight! :D

The precinct looks nice :D

And I doubt you would do, but if there's anything I could help out with, skins or texturing or anything let me know :)

We've already done all the models for this release so we're fine there.

If you need a beta tester call me.

We've already got the beta testing end pretty well done, few more tests.

lol, don't count on it.

Looks great guys, looking forward to it, and best of luck. How long have you been working on it?

I started this roughly a year and a half ago...

It looks awesome! But I think it would be better to change the name because I got confused with the other NY Mod topic that has been closed.

Itis a New York Mod what in the world would I change it to? "Not the NY mod you're thinking of?" Sadly there are alotta nymods so it will just stay the same theirs is advanced mine isnt=)

We've already done all the models for this release so we're fine there.

We've already got the beta testing end pretty well done, few more tests.

I started this roughly a year and a half ago...

Itis a New York Mod what in the world would I change it to? "Not the NY mod you're thinking of?" Sadly there are alotta nymods so it will just stay the same theirs is advanced mine isnt=)

Based on all this plus the pics it seems like a lot of the work has been completed. Are you pretty much just doing finishing touches at this point or are there other aspects you haven't yet added?

Awesome job btw!