swatlord

Tablet PC issue

So, I have an old IBM X41 tablet pc. When it starts up, it beeps constantly, at a steady pace and is not grouped in a way that would make it seem like an error beep. It does this until it reaches windows. when it reaches windows, the keyboard doesn't work and it seems to right click at random moments.

Is this a problem with the TFT touch screen, the keyboard, or the system board?

A problem with something else maybe?

Sounds to me like the system board... But i could be wrong - A friend of mine had one and it did something similar only without the beeping, It would boot up and type by itself - and or click by itself - & it turned out to be the system board...

IDK maybe yours is a diff issue

Wish i could help more

TROOPER

Ok me mod. I suppose we really need to close the thread just because you have an answer. If you havent noticed threads dont usually get locked just because there "solved."

No, but they do get closed because the original poster asks them to be closed.

But how rude of me, please, you OBVIOUSLY have something you want to say about the subject. If so, when this is closed, you can create your own topic.

For now I am going to request this thread closed because my question was answered and no one has anything else to add to ON TOPIC conversation