Guest Terminator5665

Unlock all units in SP?

Guest Terminator5665

When i try and play a regular 911 first responders mission, i only have access to some of the units that LA mod added. Is there a way to make it so i can use all of them?

When i try and play a regular 911 first responders mission, i only have access to some of the units that LA mod added. Is there a way to make it so i can use all of them?

No. It's hardcoded since those are the only units you'd be able to use in the regular game.

No. It's hardcoded since those are the only units you'd be able to use in the regular game.

This is completely wrong. As Forensics said, you'll not only have to edit the vehicle xml files, but also the personell xml files or else you'll have vehicles that can't be called with anybody, because, like the vehicle, they wern't supposed to be in that mission.

What would be the point of it? Theres already tons of fire apertures, so what would be the point in having access to, for example, the Swift Water Rescue truck in mission 1? Or the MCU or Med Evac chopper?

Well, I did it. I'm sorry, but, if I'm a dispatcher or a Battalion Chief or whatever, and I've got a crane fallen against a building, you can be damned certain that there's going to be an aerial responding... like in the second mission, I send a water tender as a tanker truck, because that seems a bit more realistic to me... It all depends on how a certain part of the world does things, and, most importantly, how we, the players, want to play our game :)

Go to the \Los Angeles Mod v2.0\Units\ folder and continue in the sub folders until you have found a unit you want to edit. Each vehicle and person has a unit.xml file. Open one of them! :D

You will find something like this for example:

<missions value="10 15 17 18">

Replace that with:

<missions value="1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29  30 31 32 33 34 35">

Do that for ALL unit.xml files which can be found in the sub folders of the Units folder. Make sure to not edit unit.xml files which are already disabled (no mission values at all), because these are the original Emergency 4 vehicles. Some missions might not have entry/exit points for aerial and water vehicles, so boats and helicopter might NOT arrive in some missions. You also need to edit transaid.xml in the \Los Angeles Mod v2.0\Specs\ folder for the TransAid missions. :)

Good luck,

Hopman

Well, I did it. I'm sorry, but, if I'm a dispatcher or a Battalion Chief or whatever, and I've got a crane fallen against a building, you can be damned certain that there's going to be an aerial responding... like in the second mission, I send a water tender as a tanker truck, because that seems a bit more realistic to me... It all depends on how a certain part of the world does things, and, most importantly, how we, the players, want to play our game :)

Well the Air Evac was purely example, but if you ask me its pointless to send an air evac if your 3 blocks from the hospital. I dont see a problem with say the foam tender in your case, but again, its just the fact of cluttering up the dispatch menu with vehichles like the SWR truck when theres no water,unload spot, or even drowning vics.