BillA

Traffic Traffic Traffic

Guest pmadden94

:D Also, which map?

If it is freeplay, it is possible there is a problem with the map (I.E. Object, tree, other blockage)

It could also be in the scripts. under the freeplay parameters, look for something that says this

<vehicletraffic factor="1.5"/>

and change the 1.5 to something lower.

This worked well for me.

Another possible "solution" you can try to use is to block off the traffic coming into the city from the main arterial roads/avenues..

Just get some units to lay down a spike strip, pylons, flares, or barricades... Just lay any of these down across the INCOMING lanes of traffic... That should stop the flow of traffic coming into the city.

I haven't personally taken this drastic measure... but I know that I have had some problems doing it on one road back in 1.9

I stopped all incoming traffic because of a MVA, but by blocking those lanes of traffic, the traffic lights seemed to stop working... THey didn't change at all... But once I let traffic through the blocked lanes, the lights were fully functional again. Maybe someone could have a try?

Is it possible to make civilian cars tow-able (without shooting them)?

It might be, youd have to go in the editor and check around.

Another possible "solution" you can try to use is to block off the traffic coming into the city from the main arterial roads/avenues..

Just get some units to lay down a spike strip, pylons, flares, or barricades... Just lay any of these down across the INCOMING lanes of traffic... That should stop the flow of traffic coming into the city.

I haven't personally taken this drastic measure... but I know that I have had some problems doing it on one road back in 1.9

I stopped all incoming traffic because of a MVA, but by blocking those lanes of traffic, the traffic lights seemed to stop working... THey didn't change at all... But once I let traffic through the blocked lanes, the lights were fully functional again. Maybe someone could have a try?

Problem is, on the Deluxe map this can cause an actual traffic jam event.

Guest mutualaidsupplies
:D Also, which map?

If it is freeplay, it is possible there is a problem with the map (I.E. Object, tree, other blockage)

It could also be in the scripts. under the freeplay parameters, look for something that says this

<vehicletraffic factor="1.5"/>

and change the 1.5 to something lower.

This worked well for me.

How do you edit the script? I cant figure out how to do it because the program wont let you edit it.

Guest mutualaidsupplies
You may have you edit the security settings on the file to allow you to edit it.

I just found it by mistake. I had to open in windows explorer, click: view>source

Thanks

Guest mutualaidsupplies
I just found it by mistake. I had to open in windows explorer, click: view>source

Thanks

If anyone can help explain which folders require editing for traffic, time between calls, frequency of each call etc would be great since there are several folders and I do not know which folder to edit.

The easyest thing to do is go into freeplay, open the "spawn points" button in the editor pane, select each spawn point entering the map and set it lower or to zero. personally I've never had any traffic problems in v2.0, you have that right? If not I sugest you get it. ;)

BTW:MERRY CRISTMAS :xmas:

The easyest thing to do is go into freeplay, open the "spawn points" button in the editor pane, select each spawn point entering the map and set it lower or to zero. personally I've never had any traffic problems in v2.0, you have that right? If not I sugest you get it. ;)

BTW:MERRY CRISTMAS :xmas:

me neither.... everything works like a charm. exept for my patrol cars which occasionaly get stuck with traffic at intersections. but thats easy to solve by just hitting the patrol button again.