Emergency lanes

It's a bit of a waste of space, especially in cities where there's not much room. But I see it could be good in very congested countries like China.

congestion.jpg

Like how's a emergency vehicle gonna get through that.

It would be great in some countries but not in all.

As random' said 'hard shoulders' are great for big roads.

619.jpg

It's a bit of a waste of space, especially in cities where there's not much room. But I see it could be good in very congested countries like China

As random' said 'hard shoulders' are great for big roads.

China already has emergency lanes,you get a fine for 28 dollars usd aka 200 yuan for driving in it.

Emergency lanes in China...

In Newfoundland, most of our shoulders are hard, so that's very useful for emergency vehicles. Worst thing is, where this city is over 500 years old, roads weren't planned for fire trucks, they were just built as easy as possibly. That means not so much space for extra lanes, however it also means there are usually about 15 different paths to get to any one point at the exact same distance, just time depends on traffic, so usually you'll see emergency vehicles popping along some of the side streets instead of sticking to main highways, becuase less traffic same distance, why not?

Let the EMS There get a nice BigFoot Monstertruck with EMS services.

m1^bigfoot_from_robert_krupa.jpg

(something like that, you can easily fit 2 woundend on the back there.)

Nothing stopping it there(on the downside, having to stop ever 1500feet to refill the gastanks will slow them down a bit to :mug:

I'm going to tell what is the problem adding emergency lanes in current cities. That's not a highway roads with the problems... But the city streets.

Most cities that are over 200 years old have smaller streets. So adding another lane to a street is hard to do. Because of build up object around the road. That why you see one way streets around the center of the city. Because they hard to solve the traffic problems some how in that area.

Some cities are lucky to had pre-design city planning or rebuild better roads after disaster. The other part that is the problem is too many people driving their own cars. Because the city has no mass transit or that people think they are too good to ride a bus or train.

Lastly it is money. Redesign a streets to have more lanes or destroying buildings that cause more problems.

Most of today roads that have traffic problems; were design like 20 to 40 years ago. Cities tend to lack upgrading road network till its a huge problem.

Lack of upgrading, more cars, and surrounding full of things cause Traffic Jams.

This British guy can tell you all.

If you don't like a computer graphics showing you a Traffic Jam? Then here a real life test from Japan

I think less people need to drive less and carpool. That cause less Traffic Jams.

I like the idea of emergency lanes,it's a faster way to get emergency vehicles quickly to the scene. It's implemented in many cities in China due to the drivers not pardoning the emergency vehicles,I think many cities with a lot of traffic should get them like cities in India.

Dude shut up about china already.

http://www.vivid.ro/images/88/congestion.jpg

Well since thats what they would be responding to(theres people standing out side there vehichles so it looks like a MVA) they wouldnt have to get around it, just to it :P