Guest mlsmith45

Traffic Cones

Off Topic: I'm glad Random found this damn video because it was starting to piss me of, Google was being gay.

On Topic: Script or not it still proves its POSSIBLE, like all things though it would require work, and the know how.

PS: Since we winterberg came up, is there ever going to be an English translation of that mod?

www.wuppertal-modifikation.de

I tired to translate the website with babel fish, didn't get far. Something about they wanted to make maps interchangeable, and they had errors that couldn't they solve. Then again, I'm not sure like I said the translator wasn't that great.

maby you can use the google translator?

(sorry for my bad english!! :) )

This issue occurs with most translators. They translate the words, but they fail to place them in their proper order (as you'll see).

The forum is at present for the following reasons in the maintenance mode:

Loves fan club Wuppertal modification,

unfortunately we must you honest-prove communicate that Wuppertal modification, as them were planned and built the last 20 months, be no longer further led can and thus only times completely on the ice are put. Which led to these decisions and which background zutragen here comes, tries we in these mails you now more near to bring.

Wuppertal Modifiaktion as such had the revolutionary idea to provide on the basis a Game ID a not linear career mode. That means, we could connect different maps interactively with one another. Thus on the map a vehicle of the fire-brigade would disengage 1, and one changes on map 2, where the employment takes place. On the basis the Game ID could be examined exactly, which time of day, which weather and which vehicles were alarmed as. These were then brought on the map, everyone temporally in the accurate relative time, as they would have also come into reality.

Our idea, which we called “map CHANGEs”, brought us the possibility of providing altogether to the 100 different employment maps. Thus a majority of the Wuppertaler would have been convertible scenes 1:1. The system worked well, until we noticed that Emergency 4 had a so catastrophic error, which was not compensatable for us. The Scriptinterpreter has the problem that with a certain Scriptgröße (KB number) an error is produced, which to a complete crash of EM 4 leads. The map CHANGE led thus, as soon as one made a map change, inevitably to a total crash of the program.

The problem we reported and for assistance asked to the manufacturer. Ralph stick has us thereupon offered in a meeting about it to together speak, how one repairs in a public Patch 1,4 this error would have can, and still various other changes would have been possibly possible. This problem is actually us admits since beginning summer this yearly. We worked on a presentation, with which we wanted to make our problem clear.

In the course of the time there were personal differences, which should not be of advantage in the team actually in addition. So the publication was the RTS version a success for the Community and an enrichment in the Mod landscape, however this resolution to work on it not carried by the team, but was a certain single decision. Here already various opinions went apart, whereupon the qualitative Moddingarbeiten was strongly gone back at Wuppertals modification. The Community was noticeable this to that extent that one could see simply nothing new more. The fact that the impatience became here larger and the distrust some user rose, I find completely understandable in the case, even if harms.

However probably the largest principal reason for the fact that the work Wuppertals modification is terminated is the fact that two our Moddingmitglieder will leave the team. On the one hand Sebastian would like to say good-bye from the Moddingszene, and to a large extent on the other hand Fabio, which would like itself to dedicate to rather different projects. The fact that it heated by Twitter the rumor-mongers up a little without here in the forum which to be read was, is not in the sense of the team and our actually open information politics.

From the old iron thus in the meantime only Ben and Phillip remained remaining. We will try new possibilities to search around the project in its Gernanliegen as such to resume. For us both it is in any case clear that we will remain faithful for the Bergi country, in particular Wuppertal and the pertinent fire-brigade, whereby the goal remains existing of creating a rescue simulation after Wuppertaler model moreover.

On which surface this is to happen whether EM 4, another play or an self-development, is momentarily still unclearly. However we will not rush ourselves now and any hasty decisions will make. The first step consists in a new identification of a powerful and motivated team, in which also some Modder Wuppertals will be modification (Lukas, Flo 1, Flo 2, January, etc.) again also thereby with which we to reliably work can.

Passionate developers from the range 3D-Visalisierung, diagram and programming (C/C++) are to be seized cordial invited us with a new project under the arms. If someone should feel addressed, then Phillip and Ben are available as partners with questions. May to us please by email an informal application interested come, in which you present briefly with your abilities. We will then set to the new year with you in connection.

We hope at least that a or other one will have the little understanding for this not very simple situation. The straight exit of Sebastian and Fabio places us in the meantime before relatively large problems, which would drive on the work make impossible. If we should decide against EM 4, the existing vehicles which we would have available the Community are placed. Whether we these in the Wuppertaler Design or publish however neutrally are to date still unclear. But approximately 200 vehicles simply in the “anything” to sink would not be too unfortunate… to what extent this “sellout” will take place, would not like we at this time however yet to say.

We thank you nevertheless again for your loyalty and to a large extent good atmosphere in these Community and wish ourselves you a besinnliche Christmas season

Like I said, the translator wasn't the best, but I think it did it's job. Anyway, I gathered they had two main issues. The most devastating one was the loss of two modelers. That coupled with some catastrophic errors within em4 lead to them canceling the mod.

That's what I gathered anyway. So, any hopes of trying to redirect traffic to other lanes would've died with them, unless someone here manages to script that, and become the scripting god :)

Off Topic: I'm glad Random found this damn video because it was starting to piss me of, Google was being gay.

On Topic: Script or not it still proves its POSSIBLE, like all things though it would require work, and the know how.

PS: Since we winterberg came up, is there ever going to be an English translation of that mod?

Theres been an english translation for quite some time. Its not perfect, but pretty good I believe.

I cant tell weather it's the cones redirecting, or it's the car path that's made to go to the outside lane.

If you mean the Wuppertal mod then if you look at the very beginning of the video the first car goes to the outside lane. I don't think the cones make the car go to the outside lane.

i think we can speak with the mod leader and i think it's not a problem to convert his script in la mod if they want

Yea for sure... :rolleyes:

Funny thing is that you guys are already planning to integrate it without:

1) Knowing if Hoppah even whats all this

2) Knowing if it even really works like it's shown