Guest nachtegaaal

Vehicles from other cities

Guest nachtegaaal

Hey,

Sometimes, when there's an exploded gas pipe on the far north side of the map, it takes too long for the fire engines to arrive, to prevent spreading.

Is it an option to make it possible for vehicles from other cities to come into the freeplay map and from that moment, come under your control. For example, north on the map, vehicles from Glendale would enter and on the south(west) side vehicles from Anaheim would enter the freeplay map.

No idea if it's worth the effort..

I don't think Los Angeles has to much of a Mutual Aid policy. Los Angeles has enough manpower to take care of any emergencies in the city by themselves. If it was wildfires, then Calfire would come in. If there is an incident on the county or city border, then there is a possibility that Los Angeles along with the town on the other side of the border would come in.

I'm from New Jersey, and only I'm only basing what I said off of New Jersey cities,, and I know some of San Diego's policy since in a few years I will be getting a police or paramedic job there. Anyway, I don't know much about L.A., so anybody who is more familiar please correct any places where I may be wrong.

I'm from New Jersey, and only I'm only basing what I said off of New Jersey cities,, and I know some of San Diego's policy since in a few years I will be getting a police or paramedic job there. Anyway, I don't know much about L.A., so anybody who is more familiar please correct any places where I may be wrong.

Good luck man, getting into fire departments around Southern California is really hard, as is the PD's.

-d

Guest nachtegaaal
The LAFD has enough resources to deal with their own incidents, but I can imagine the LACoFD is able provide help near the citys boundaries if necessary.

More information regarding LACoFD:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_C...Fire_Department

I see there's a battalion situated in Pasadena.. Can't you make it possible for a LACoFD engine to jump in near borders, when larger incidents appear?

There are plenty of resources in the mod now. We don't need to go adding additional units from other cities just to use once in a while. Not worth the time to create the units, code them and put out a new version of the mod.

-d

That's what I'm thinking too. I often read complaints about the longer loading times of the mod. Addings vehicles will increase the loading time. You can't have more vehicles AND shorter loading times...

Guest nachtegaaal
That's what I'm thinking too. I often read complaints about the longer loading times of the mod. Addings vehicles will increase the loading time. You can't have more vehicles AND shorter loading times...

Okay, was just an idea. And compared to the waiting times of the Winterberg mod, yours loads in an eyeblink!

LA city has enough man power, and LACo does have somewhat of a mutual aid policy, but, it's more like the LA apparatus go out to other areas to help more often than receive aid. I'm not too familiar with the LACo system.

Yea, too much work to have units come out of the north and south. You have enough resources available to take care of most incidents, and you could station a few units around on the map, that's what i have to do.

Hey,

Sometimes, when there's an exploded gas pipe on the far north side of the map, it takes too long for the fire engines to arrive, to prevent spreading.

Is it an option to make it possible for vehicles from other cities to come into the freeplay map and from that moment, come under your control. For example, north on the map, vehicles from Glendale would enter and on the south(west) side vehicles from Anaheim would enter the freeplay map.

You can use the normal dispatch menu (F1) to call fire vehicles from outside the map, just like in the nromal game.

Different units have different points of entry. Just try and see which units enter the map from the north. And if there aren't any units entering from the north just send more units to fight the fire.

Hey,

Sounds like real life to me. In a recent fire by the time units got there it was to late to get in the structure for very long and had to fight the fire from the outside for about 3-4 hours, maybe longer, but it was 100 year old building so of course that didnt help matters.

Oh and personally I think it makes it more fun to have some big fires. What fun is it if every fire can be put it out in 2 mins with one engine?

(Possible wall of text coming up - Apologies)

Different units have different points of entry. Just try and see which units enter the map from the north. And if there aren't any units entering from the north just send more units to fight the fire.

As far as i'm aware, apart from the Rescue boat (North West) and Rescue Crane (South East - same as recovery trucks) all units enter via the road to the south on the junction with the car wash.

If you're looking for a quick solution to this incident;

Send all 4 units from Station 1 and place them as such:

1:- Hospital car park between the 2 buildings that catch fire (obv at safe distance)

2:- The car park to the left of the junction (the bushes catch fire every time and some vehicles)

3:- Past the incident onto the road to the right of the junction

4:- Onto the road as you turn left on the junction that approaches from the south.

Auto-deploy thrashes it then, plus you can use unit 2 in the hospital car park once it deals with the small bush fires at the other car park.

*deep breath*

Haha