njboy13

Your Town or City response structure

What is the response structure for police, fire, and ems in your town or city?

Mine town is:

Activated Fire Alarm-Multi story: Engine 1 and Tower 1

Activated Fire Alarm-1-1.5 story: Engine 1 and Engine 2

Structure Fire: Engine 1, Tower 1. Engine 2 and Rescue 4 standby at station until smoke or fire is confirmed, then 1 ambulance gets dispatched and police are dispatched.

Motor Vehicle Accident: Engine 1, Rescue 4, police for traffic control, however many ambulances are required.

Any medical call: 1 ambulance, Engine 1, medics from a nearby hospital.

Any police call: 1-2 units, dispatch ESU of needed (ESU is never needed in this town)

I thought it would be interesting because some of us are in cities, some of us are in towns, some of us are in the USA, some in Canada, and some in all other parts of the world.

Guest mrpolice1996

No idea :P

But i do know that my local emergency services hardly get any calls so when their is one they sent out almost all their units

E.G.

A horse fell on a girl , don't ask me how - i have no idea. Then the horse stood up and ran away, the person who the horse fell on had a broken arm so someone called an ambulance.

But the following turned up:

One police car - god know why!

A rapid response vehicle - she only had a broken arm!

An ambulance

A fire chief - Why!!!

Two fire trucks - Not needed.

All they needed was one ambulance not that lot! Waste of money in my opinion.

I live in a small town so the fire station is only small. I think there is 2 engines, a ladder and a fire chief. The station doesn't get many calls so it's normally both the engines that attend a call. If they need more support then the ladder will go and if more is still needed then engines will be called from neighbouring towns.

There are also Ambulance RRVs on standby all over the place. One in the middle of the town, one on the edge, one about 2 miles away.

From what I've learned:

Small fires (e.g bin fires) - One engine

Large fires - two engines, ladder engine and police.

Vehicle accident - small - one engine, two police vehicles, emergency ambulance and ambulance.

Vehicle accident - large - roughly same as above.

Flood: one engine at each flood. Police attend when there's not enough engines (after 3-4 floods).

Medical - patient transport - ambulance

Medical - emergency ambulace and sometimes normal ambulance if transport is needed.

General unlawful activity: police car and van or just vans

Police pursuits involve as many units as neccessary.

Any extra fire engines needed would be called from the neighbouring region, Clackmanninshire.

Guest MGC|Uthog

For almost anything they send police cars, to accidents on highway they even send 4-6 police cars.

But they always send police cars to something after that a required number of fire trucks and ambulance's

they need a cop to see it if it was real it could have been fake

That's not how it works in the UK. If someone is in possible danger you have to send the appropriate help even if it may seem very far fetched.

Police would have been sent to the scene to either slow down traffic for the safety of the rider or try and find and find the horse before it causes an accident and seriously injures someone (Assuming this happened on a road).

No idea why they sent fire engines though. That's a waste of time.

In my Coverage Area

Possible Structure Fire is My dept for a full response and E-52-1,T-57-2

MVA No inj. Pa State Police,and a rescue

Mva Inj, Pa state pd,Rescue,Ambulance and a paramedic depending on severity

MVA with Trap- PSP.Rescue,Engine,Ambulance and ALS,Helicopter on Standby

Police Calls are basically however PSP decides to handle it...usually one car and if needed a second

Guest mrpolice1996
That's not how it works in the UK. If someone is in possible danger you have to send the appropriate help even if it may seem very far fetched.

Police would have been sent to the scene to either slow down traffic for the safety of the rider or try and find and find the horse before it causes an accident and seriously injures someone (Assuming this happened on a road).

No idea why they sent fire engines though. That's a waste of time.

It didn't happen in a road it was in the middle of a field!

In the UK:

Say someone rang the fire service and said their was a fire. Even if they were laughing as they said it, the dispatcher, by law, has to sent a fire truck even if they are 100% sure it's a hoax. But if they think it's a hoax they will also ask the local police to go to, to protect the fire service and possible arrest the hoaxers.

So, i still have no idea why the police turned up - my guess is they were bored and had noting else to do!

Not sure but I do know that we had a 2 alarm fire in a night club the other day. It was a 100 year+ old structure so there was about 5-6 quints on scene as they couldnt really get in the structure and had to fight it from the air. There were a few engines, an Ambulance, 6-8 cop cars for traffic and crowd control. Not to mention they had to run about a 100 yards of supply line, 2 or 3 BC chiefs, Power Company, Fire and Arson Investigation, and even a Red Cross vehicle. 2 Rescue squads(at various times) as well. Oh and ATF was there to.

Used to fire was only sent to major medical problems but they just signed a new deal with AMR to respond to all medical calls.

There was a fire in the apartment buildings across the street a few months ago and 3 quints/ladders, 2 engines, rescue squad, 2 police, and one AMR ambulance.

It was in a field? Pfft LOL - how strange then. I was assuming it was a road since that's where horses get spooked normally.

Maybe a fire engine could have been needed incase they had to move the girl? Just one would've been needed though.

That thing you said about hoax calls reminds me of the education videos we see every year :P

(sorry for off-topic but: sitting watching Night Cops 2 and the police siren from gta:vc could be heard in one clip LOL)

Guest mrpolice1996
It was in a field? Pfft LOL - how strange then. I was assuming it was a road since that's where horses get spooked normally.

Maybe a fire engine could have been needed incase they had to move the girl? Just one would've been needed though.

She was riding on the horse then the horse fell over squashing her!

Yeah that's probably what the fire crew were for - i never thought of that.

For my department it all varies on how many guys are at each station (since we are a career and volunteer department)

This is what we normally do

Fire alarm- closest engine and tower 45

report of kitchen fire-closest engine and tower 45 and rescue 55 on 2nd alarms

Structure fire- both engines tower 45 and possibly outside departments rigs and rescue 55 on 2nd alarms

brush fire- one engine

medical(not life threatening)- one engine and maybe tower 45 and ambo

medical(life threatening)- engine and tower 45 and ambo and fly car

car accident-rescue 55 and engine 11(maybe 12 depending how many people are in the station because engine 11 and engine 12(with rescue55) j are housed separately

No idea :P

But i do know that my local emergency services hardly get any calls so when their is one they sent out almost all their units

E.G.

A horse fell on a girl , don't ask me how - i have no idea. Then the horse stood up and ran away, the person who the horse fell on had a broken arm so someone called an ambulance.

But the following turned up:

One police car - god know why!

A rapid response vehicle - she only had a broken arm!

An ambulance

A fire chief - Why!!!

Two fire trucks - Not needed.

All they needed was one ambulance not that lot! Waste of money in my opinion.

Sound like something I would do in EM4! :holdglass:

Any type of fire will usually have at least two engines and if its big, one or more Battalions and one tiller.

MVAs will usually have up to seven police cars, Rescue 3, an engine, a Battalion, and how many AMR ambulances are needed.

Medical stituations will usually have one engine and one AMR ambulance. A kid collapse at my little brothers school and there was an engine and an ambualnce.

Police calls will usually have two or more police units. Traffic stops will usually have one cruiser, but if its a motorcycle cop, a crusier will stay in the area in case the moto dude needs backup.

During the summer, grass fires are a really big problem. So there is usually three or more brushes and one or more engines on scene. They will also have a helicopter or two very close in case it gets out of hand.

Heres in the city MVA Response is a

1-3 cops typically, really depends on weather they need to divert traffic. If they do then could be up to 8 cops. Sheriff's and State Troopers may assist PD depending on the location.

1 Engine

1 Rescue Truck which has to bring jaws from downtown, which I really dont get, as that would easily be over a 5 min response time just for Jaws.

X AMR Ambulances = However many is needed

In the County:

1 Engine

1 Rescue Truck depending on weather the department carries Jaws on there truck. The majority of the county departments rely on large chassis "Ambulances" to carry extrication tools.

1 Air Evac depending on how far out it is, in some area Air Evac responds no matter what.

X AMR Ambulances = However many is needed.

1 County Fire Ambulance(only one county Fire has a RA but they can transport)

2-3 Sherieffs and or State Police if there in the area.

I had an accident on motorbike. I was just in shock and my leg was hurting. Nothing serious.

Someone called 112 and one ambulance arrived (W-Type "Wypadek" special for accidents). Fun part is that I crushed less than 200 meters from Ambulance Station XD So they even don't have to use siren :>. They arrived and they said i'm gonna be okay, gave me some paper. Then after 30 minutes PD arrived, wrote a report and leave. Our PD is never in hurry :)

^I can top you there. EPD can be a joke. By motorbike do you mean motorcycle,moped, or dirt bike?

Anyways I crashed on my moped once because a driver cut me off and I slammed on my breaks rather then swerve. I landed on the hood and rolled on to the ground. Neither of us were going that fast, but fast enough to get shaken up. We called 911. They asked if it was blocking traffic or any one was seriously hurt. We said no to both. So we waited 2 hours for the cop to show up even though 3 cops drove by while we were waiting. They didnt even bother to send an ambulance, and fire department never ever went on medical runs back then.

There was a call for a horse trapped in a fence:

1 County Department Responded from 2 stations:

7 Rescue 5 and 7 Rescue 7 were dispatched from different stations.

1 Sheriff

7 Engine 4 or 7 Engine 1 was sent out for extra man power.

MVA on Interstate handled by a separate county department:

6 Engine 1

6 Engine 61

6 Engine 7

1 Sheriff atleast

1 Ambulance atleast(took 20-30 min to respond from what i here and people are NOT happy in the least).

It depends on the call for:

All ambulances are ALS btw

ALS emergency: Ambulance, engine

BLS emergency: Ambulance, possible engine.

Accident: Engine, Possible Quint, Ambulance, Sherrif or Police cars.

Fire(general): Ambulance, Quint, Engine, Police, Possible battalion chief and or quick response ems vehicle.

More later

Small fires (e.g bin fires) - One tender and Brush

Large fires - One engine, Tender, ALS Ambulance, Utility, Sometime Engine 312 pulled from Station 2 by Vol.

Vehicle accident - small - one engine, Utility, Brush, ALS ambulance Pd Traffic control

Vehicle accident - large - roughly same as above. City Comes as Mutal Aid

Tornados - All Vol. Respond to Station on Code 3 Bring All units from Station 2-3 and wait on BC to issue assignments Station 1 respond to intial calls Call CSFD for aid be prepared to take over 3 other Disticts and work with North Group (7 districts)

Medical - ALS ambulace and Engine.

Brush fires - Brush 361, 362 363, 365, Tender 331. 332, Urban Interface 371, Ultility 351, 352 .

Any extra fire engines needed would be called from the neighbouring region We have whats called North Group Which on all fires with visble flame or smoke the closet 3 districts respond code 3 will other 2 respond code 2. Last 2 Responded if need and go on stand by. CSFD also runs mutal aid with us and so does CHFD

The Fire Department where I live has 8 stations plus a contracted CalFire Station. The Fire Department has 11 Type I engines (8 staffed), a Type II engine, 6 Type III engines (cross-staffed with Type I's) plus two CalFire Type III's, a Type IV engine, 4 tankers (A additional OES tanker used only in big veg or non hydranted areas, or strike teams), and a Type II Fire Boat. It is a seperate department from the whole county fire, but they do help and dispatch off the same channel. Most Cities in my county do not have their own Fire Department. The County has their own Fire Department with 30 Fire stations and 2 smaller Fire Districts in the Central part of my county.

The County Fire Department's Response for where I live:

Medical aid- 1 engine, QRV (quick response medical vehicle), and a ambulance

Medical aid severe injures or head injures- 2 engines, Battalion Chief, QRV, Ambulance, and a Air Ambulance

Spot fire- 1 engine

Small veg. fire- 1 engine and 1 bruss rig

Large veg. fire- 1 engine, 2-3 bruss rigs, 1-2 tankers, and Battalion Chief

Residential fire alarm- 1-2 engines

Commerical fire alarm- 2 engines

Vehicle accident- 2 engines, Battalion Chief, Ambulance, and a QRV

Vehicle accident vehicle in Water- 3 engines and Battalion Chief (1 Engine for helispot) Ambulance, a QRV, and a Air Ambulance

Vehicle accident several invloved or major injuries- 3 engines and Battalion Chief (1 Engine for helispot) Ambulance, a QRV, and a Air Ambulance

Boat accident- Fire Boat, 2 engines, a Battalion Chief, 2 ambulances, QRV, and a air ambulance

Hydranted Area

Residential Structure Fire- 4-6 engines and a Battalion Chief

Commercial Structure Fire- 5-8 engines, a Battalion Chief, and Chief's

2nd alarm- 2 engines or an engine and quint, plus breathing support

3rd alarm- 2 engines and a ambulance

4th alarm- 2 engines and a quint

Non Hydranted Area

Residential Structure Fire- 4 engines, 2 tankers, and a Battalion Chief

Commercial Structure Fire- 6 engines, 2-3 tankers, and a Battalion Chief, and Chief's

2nd alarm- 2 engines or an engine and quint, a additional tanker, plus a breathing support

3rd alarm- 2 engines and a ambulance

4th alarm- 2 engines, a quint, and a tanker