Dion

Trafficlight script Firestations

I haven't ever seen traffic lights for a fire station. I don't think it commonly used in the US.

What is the point having these traffic lights? Is traffic that bad on the map?

I would just script a code where a Engine exit the station. It triggers a switch that cars will stop for 5 secs in front of station.

Traffic laws states when a Engine is exiting and crossing the fire lane. The cars will have to stop.

They use them here. Common or not they exist.

So script it. :P

Theres a law that you cant rob a gas station, but the one down the street was robbed last night. Just because theres a law doesnt mean anything.

can't download. It says that this file is temperatily unavailible! And one question too - This can be added to 2.0!

I assume you mean a "?" rather the a "!"? How would he possibly know that when 2.0 could be a year away. Seriously stop and think about what your saying.

Yes, I seen the yellow light and signs. But I never seen a full stop light at a fire station. I still like you guys to have pictures.

Well of course things have to be improvised for games sake.

Okay, I need to clear this up...

Is this for the L.A mod v 1.9.3?

Doesnt matter if you do the changes manually. If you use the installer, then check if the stop lights added in patch 3 are present or not. If not then obviously this has to be updated.

We have traffic lights here in Delaware (as the videos show), this is the volunteer station so they only use the traffic lights when they appose traffic (have to cross the street). The Good Will Fire Station (paid, down the road near the college) uses their traffic light regardless of which direction their going in, unfortunately I didn't find any videos of them.

These traffic lights are intersection lights. I'm not seeing traffic lights for the Station Only...

Only Station lights... I know of are warning lighting on fire station signage.

In the US... and in LA area for sure. They have a crossing paint on the road to warn traffic to stop during a Emergency crossing.

I've found a station in California with traffic lights in front of it! Station 84 Temecula! lol

These are full on traffic lights that turn red when the engine's are pulling out.

These traffic lights are intersection lights. I'm not seeing traffic lights for the Station Only...

Only Station lights... I know of are warning lighting on fire station signage.

In the US... and in LA area for sure. They have a crossing paint on the road to warn traffic to stop during a Emergency crossing.

Yes, there is warning lights, yellow flashing lights, to warn drivers to slow down. But, that's not what we're talking about.

Alright, so I need some advice on how to fix this with the alarm script. I added:

const char SND_ALARM[]				= "mod:Audio/FX/Misc/fire_alarm.wav";

in the correct location and then modified the code based on LAFireStationStart.script

{
Actor *volighta = volight.GetActor(i);
GameObject *obj = fsl.GetObject(i);
obj->EnableTrafficLight(TLT_RED);
volighta->SetVirtualObjectTerrain(VOSET_BARRICADE);
v.RemoveCommand(CMD_TRED);
v.AssignCommand(CMD_TAUTO);
Vector AlarmSnd = obj->GetPosition();
int soundID = Audio::PlaySample3D(SND_ALARM, AlarmSnd, true);
obj->SetUserData(soundID);
obj->AttachSound(soundID);
}

Now then, when I hit the TcmdRed the alarm starts fine and works all dandy... But how do I get the alarm to either a) stop when I go to TcmdAuto or b) stop after it's generic file time or the same length in time as is with the basic alarm on the firehouse?

Edit: If this is the wrong script for what this topic is made for, I'm sorry... I think there are two and forgot which was which. >_<

Problem is that the alarm never stops. It just keeps making the sound for ever and ever... Rather annoying really...

I've removed it and gone back to the normal version... But I've also noticed an error in my log file... Anyway around it?

?Tried to remove unassigned command 'TcmdRed' from object fire_station_controlpanel
|Vision Core: Resized memory for Entities to 5175 kB.

?Tried to remove unassigned command 'TcmdAuto' from object fire_station_controlpanel

Guest hansardhaulagewillwupyou

right well slight problemn not all the people use the original la mod map i dont can you do this for the new la mod map made by hoppah i dont mean the one we had in v1.8