Guest Usmaverick

Help with EM3 mod

Guest Usmaverick

Ok I have purchased em3 off direct2drive, games plays fine, then I downloaded the patch and followed the instructions of how to move the files to the original EM3 file. I have tried to open the modinstaller and when I open the file it says EM3 not properly installed please reinstall it. I downloaded the reg patch thing and used it, it puts the file in some temp file in my comp and it's not working. can someone please help me out here I want to use the la mod for em3.

Ok I have purchased em3 off direct2drive, games plays fine, then I downloaded the patch and followed the instructions of how to move the files to the original EM3 file. I have tried to open the modinstaller and when I open the file it says EM3 not properly installed please reinstall it. I downloaded the reg patch thing and used it, it puts the file in some temp file in my comp and it's not working. can someone please help me out here I want to use the la mod for em3.

You do not need to install the patch when you downloaded EM3 from direct to drive. Uninstall the game and reinstall it. The mods should work fine after that.

Can anyone maybe help me out here give me some more steps to try I have done everything here and the mod installer is not functioning properly

You tried double clicking on the .e3mod file so the modinstaller auto installs the mod?

What exactly is not working, won't the ModInstaller start, doesn't it install the mod? Do you get an error message?

ok I moved the mod to my desktop and put it to open with emmodinstaller, when I click on it it says that em3 was not installed properly

Why on earth would you want to move the mod to your desktop? Just paste the mod in the Mods folder of EM3 (propably in C:/program files/strategy first/Emergency 3) unzip it and double click the .e3mod file.

Guest Usmaverick
Why on earth would you want to move the mod to your desktop? Just paste the mod in the Mods folder of EM3 (propably in C:/program files/strategy first/Emergency 3) unzip it and double click the .e3mod file.

OK moved it to the mod folder and unzipped it double clicked on the e3mod file and when I do it says could not open em3 not properly installed