jab16

Shooting at military base

I have just found out that a group of soldiers enterd a soilder rediness facilty at the militray base here in Texas called Fort Hood. From what I have found out 12 people have been killed including one Military Police Officer, one of the shooters, and 10 others. Also I have receved news that 31 people have been hospitalized. I will keep everyone informed

GOD BLESS AMERICA THIS IS A TRAGIC DAY

WOW my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone, I know all the capital police officers are on higher alert now, same with all military bases across the country. I know people that are stationed or are going through Fort Hood which is right by me.

Your right, but then again it is the biggest military instilation in the U.S., it is actually in 3 diffrent counties. has about 17,000 family members of soliders stationed there, and 40,000 troops. It is 340 square miles. The building itself is 117,000 square feet too. That is a hudge area of land however you look at it, and with the constant shifting of soliders through the base, there is a hudge posiblity that someone may slip through the radar.

EDIT: shooter is mental health professional for the military.

not so happy to hear the shooter is.

Actually it wouldn't be better if they had killed him. If the shooter was killed you will have less chance of finding out why he did it. It's important for the relatives of the victims to find out the motives behind his actions. It would make processing the grief and pain easier and it gives a good feeling if the killer gets punished for his acts.

A nice example was the man who killed 8 people including himself during attack which occured on April 30. 2009 (Queen's Day) in the Netherlands. You can only guess to the motives and if he was mentally disturbed.