Tim

Interested in a Dispatch Center Simulation?

Guest 911RespondersFanForever

Hi Tim!

Is there anything I can help you with for this game? I have extensive knowledge about standard police, fire and EMS codes along with appropriate wording of codes and such. Let me know if I can help you at all!!

You a cop or dispatcher or something? If not, tell me how you get to do so, would really like to listen :)

Besides that, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! :cheers::holdglass:

No, just have a scanner as I live in NY.

Are you going to be using any elements of the SPRINT system as well as ANI/ALI, Tim?

I do not have information on that. Could you explain it a little bit? :)

SPRINT is the 911 system for the NYPD. A Sprint number is an incident reference number for every call or activity. If a report needs to be further referenced or further investigated, the SPRINT number can be used to call up any other vitial info as well. The SPRINT system stands for Special Police Radio Inquiry Network. Instead of communicating by phone, the dispatcher can type to other dispatchers instead. The SPRINT system also keeps tracks of assignments and assigns Sprint Numbers to them. Often times when a Police Officer finishes a job/assignment that needs to be referenced they'll ask for the SPRINT number.

ANI/ALI (pronounced Annie Alley over the radio) gives the location of the callers as well as their numbers. If they're on a cellphone it'll just give what cell site it came from. It's useful if the caller doesn't give a location or can't give one. Basically, it's advanced caller ID.

ANI : Automatic Number Identification (the callback #)

ALI : Automatic Location Identification (Address/Cross streets of caller)