Madman

USAR/Hazmat switch

Could someone help me switch the USAR and HazMat trucks in LA Mod 1.9?

I'd like to get a little more activity out of Station 2 and think the USAR would be better suited there.

Can someone tell me what to edit in what files, or better yet post some edited files up for me? :prop:

Thanks in advance!

Hi mad man, you need to change several scripts to get this to work. LAFirestation.script, LAFirestationstart.script, LABatlaionChief.script and LAtofirestation.

Open the LAFirestation start scripts, search for VO_HAZMAT and post some of the code before and after here and I will give you some pointers to try it on your own so you can learn. This way you can slowly start altering the stations to your liking.

Personally I like the tower in FS2 instead of hazmat so I have a unofficial light force in that district. ;)

Last time I tried changing vehicles in the stations was back in 1.6 and the battalion chief script didn't need changing. I don't know about now because of the standby commands and such now. I don't know how it'll work though since you'll have a USAR squad in each station. Most likely the command "call USAR" will dispatch the USAR in FS1. the command "call a HAZMAT will most likely call a USAR from FS2. If you wanted to call the closest USAR then you'll need to edit the battalion chief script.

Could someone help me switch the USAR and HazMat trucks in LA Mod 1.9?

I'd like to get a little more activity out of Station 2 and think the USAR would be better suited there.

Can someone tell me what to edit in what files, or better yet post some edited files up for me? :prop:

Thanks in advance!

Hi Madman,

Long time no see. Hope all is well. :cheers:

You will need to edit the Battalion Chief script as it makes reference to the relative gate numbers and such.

I am at work tonight, so I won't make any promises ..... however, if we don't get too many runs, I will try and knock up a working alteration to those scripts for you.

Look forward to catching up.

Takce care

Shane

Appreciate all the help guys. I was unsure of the amount of change needed to scripts and maps because I simply want to switch things around and not add/remove anything.

Thanks Shane - email me when you have a chance and we can talk about this and other previous projects. :bia:

OK, I edited the LAFireStation and LAFireStationStart scripts. I then went into the editor and opened the map and simply changed the name of the VOs to try and switch their location.

My problem when I start the game is that although the units are in their new stations and they spawn the correct characters, the trucks are pointed in the old direction of their old location.

So, the HazMat which is now in Station 1 is pointed sideways and facing the way it would need to if it was at Station 2 still. The same applies to the USAR.

Any ideas?

OK, I edited the LAFireStation and LAFireStationStart scripts. I then went into the editor and opened the map and simply changed the name of the VOs to try and switch their location.

My problem when I start the game is that although the units are in their new stations and they spawn the correct characters, the trucks are pointed in the old direction of their old location.

So, the HazMat which is now in Station 1 is pointed sideways and facing the way it would need to if it was at Station 2 still. The same applies to the USAR.

Any ideas?

Hi Madman,

Sorry I couldn't get this to you any sooner, but I emailed to your gmail account and it got bounced back. Then as you probably know, there have been problems on the forum so I was unable to upload till now. Anyway ..... here it is.

Madman.zip

The scripts included are the LAFirestation, LAFirestationstart, LAToFirestation and the LABattalionChief. All necessary changes are made for you to copy the scripts into the script/game/comand folder. I have left the old VO's named as they were so they do not need to be changed at all from a clean install of LA Mod v1.9.3 (so USAR parks at vo_hazmat and Hazmat parks at vo_usar) - let me know if you want that changed so that the name reflects the vehicle.

Both vehicles will spawn the correct crew, will return to station and will respond to request from BC - have tested repeatedly so you should not have any problems.

Take care

Shane