spunkyskier01

Chevrolet Caprice

please allow any moderator to move this post to any off topic area he wishes. I just had a feeling this part of the forum was on the more anything LA related side, which I hope this car is integrated into the game at some point in time. sorry for the waisted? post.

Not necessarily a wasted post, it may just be better enjoyed in the proper forum... Not trying to be a mod, just trying to be friendly :bia:

Moved.. because I'm your favourite and you all love me :)

:wub:

I believe this has already been posted, however, your source has much more information and a video :D

I still maintain that I don't like the car, even if it has an action video with squeling tires.

Don't like the red on the lightbar either.

Guest madforce
:wub:

I believe this has already been posted, however, your source has much more information and a video :D

I still maintain that I don't like the car, even if it has an action video with squeling tires.

Don't like the red on the lightbar either.

All I have to say is you'll change your mind once you drive the car. Take the Bland Chevy styling away, it is no Impala, some styling from that car is all it shares, I'd be pleased enough that its RWD.

I have a Holden made GTO (Monaro) and it's a blast to drive and the Caprice is riding on a longer version of the next generation chassis by those same designers that is the backbone for the Holden Commodore and the new Chevy Camaro.

And keep in mind, the "6.0-liter LS2 V8 engine rated at an estimated 355 HP and 384 lb-ft of torque" is de-tuned for economy. That same motor is what is sitting in the GTO and the Vette putting out 400/400 and is a huge step over the 3.8 V6.

While they could have done better with the styling, get any thought of the Impala out of your head when you sit in the car.

Luckily I won't have to sit in one cause our constabulary use Vauxhalls and LDVs [/ignorance]

I have to admit, the shape is kinda good after watching the video. It's probably a good car to replace the current ones. However, I think the lightbar is stupid and the red is too light, and that just ruins it.

(I just deteste change and prefer the older ones - no matter how better the new ones are).

Guest madforce
Luckily I won't have to sit in one cause our constabulary use Vauxhalls and LDVs [/ignorance]

I have to admit, the shape is kinda good after watching the video. It's probably a good car to replace the current ones. However, I think the lightbar is stupid and the red is too light, and that just ruins it.

(I just deteste change and prefer the older ones - no matter how better the new ones are).

Well I'm sure, much like the current fleet Impala and Tahoe, the lightbar and other equipment will be up to the agency. In the old Tahoe and Impala promo's there was a standard lightbar, but that's not what you see on most units. Down the road from where I live is a dealership that equips the PPV vehicles and they all come in slicktop, there's a field with about 50-60 cars for a handful of agencies at any one time and they fit them with the lightbars and other equipment and I swear no two agencies are alike.

Guest madforce
LAPD tried these and quickly dumped them. They actually hated this car.

-d

Considering how the car isn't even in production yet, just pre-production for first delivery in 2011 might want to check those facts.

Guest madforce

Tell it to the OP. Is it that much trouble to overlook it? So it was a topic a week ago, it was brought up again. This is the off topic section, does it really matter that much that someone didn't dig back a week to see if was old news or not? Of all the mindless threads in the Off Topic seeing a repost of a week old thread that had already fell to page 2 is your biggest concern?

Considering how the car isn't even in production yet, just pre-production for first delivery in 2011 might want to check those facts.

Sorry for my confusion, I was thinking about the Impala that they were testing. I will edit my original post.

-d

Well I'm sure, much like the current fleet Impala and Tahoe, the lightbar and other equipment will be up to the agency.

===

there's a field with about 50-60 cars for a handful of agencies at any one time and they fit them with the lightbars and other equipment and I swear no two agencies are alike.

That's very true - Never thought of that :P

I hope this car will start replacing Crown Vics, or make Ford hurry up and replace the Crown Vics.

Very true, but that topic was undescriptive and the source has/had very little detail in it. This one is better :)

And the OP didn't see the other topic because he posted this in the LA forum area instead.

Tell it to the OP. Is it that much trouble to overlook it? So it was a topic a week ago, it was brought up again. This is the off topic section, does it really matter that much that someone didn't dig back a week to see if was old news or not? Of all the mindless threads in the Off Topic seeing a repost of a week old thread that had already fell to page 2 is your biggest concern?

Harsh much? He was showing the thread to the OP

Yes sir. :)

Very true, but that topic was undescriptive and the source has/had very little detail in it. This one is better :)

And the OP didn't see the other topic because he posted this in the LA forum area instead.

Harsh much? He was showing the thread to the OP

Actually i provided a link to an article with more pics and info if you scroll down the thread.

Was a bit harsh though huh?

Hi, clearly we can all point out that this topic already exists, on this forum a topic dead for a week, posting new info there is not a bad thing, that means good. A topic is considered dead and shouldn't be revived after a year of nothing-ness..

Some forums don't want topic revivals after a week, this one does. SOOO basically, if you see a topic about your situation, post there.. Check to prevent double topics. If you don't don't expect your topic to hang around...

The other one is still open and functioning, and this one will remain functioning and open IF you guys can behave and get back to topic, the next time this goes off topic about how it shouldn't be here, I'm gonna close it, and more than likely warn whoever did it.

Guest madforce
I hope this car will start replacing Crown Vics, or make Ford hurry up and replace the Crown Vics.

My understanding is the CV's replacement will be a modified FWD Taurus, which I'm sure is less than desirable.

My understanding is the CV's replacement will be a modified FWD Taurus, which I'm sure is less than desirable.

You mean this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Interceptor

How is that a modified Tarus? Nor is it FWD. It a FR layout which you can read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FR_layout

Its rear wheel drive.

He means this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Taurus

Ford has decided that 2011 will be the final year for the Crown Victoria, and is actively promoting a replacement based on the 2010 Ford Taurus

detroit news

I'm assuming the replacement "based on the 2010 Ford Taurus" is not the Interceptor. Or is the Interceptor the spin off of the 2010 Taurus?

The Ford Interceptor looks better in my opinion. I can't tell if it's the camera angle or not, but the front looks unbelivably daft.

Hi,

Hi. :)

Guest dkmaisto

That Taurus looks a bit like the Mondeo that's on the european market.

The Caprice are already in use as an aussie police car, they look ace, but it's going to be a handful with the RWD on icy roads.