8) Radio

9) 1-3 Hoses

10) Crew Cab for the truck, 4 door

11) Ford 2009 F350

12) Me!!!!!

13) (firefighters if needed)

14) Decals

15) Locked Metal Cabinets for the back to hold equipement

1) Ladder----------------------------- You dont need these, there is a Ladder truck for a reason.

2) 2 or 3 fire extequishers-----------------There is an Engine for a reason.

3) Bunker Gear----------------- This should stay at your Firehouse.

4) Body Bags--------------------why? thats just plain stupid..

5) Medical Supplies-------------------why?...again.

6) Lightbar----------------------w/e.

7) Siren------------------------ Your department lets you do all this?

8) Radio------------------------------^

9) 1-3 Hoses------------------- WhY? you dont have water in your truck!

10) Crew Cab----------------what?!?!?!?

11) Ford 2009 F350------------- :) Nice.

12) Me!!!!!---------------------------------Obviously..

13) (firefighters if needed)----------------Not needed everyone has there own car no?

14) Decals----------------------------------Your choice

15) Locked Metal Cabinets for the back to hold equipement---Equipment and cabinets not needed.

Not to flame to you or anything but, being a Firefighter myself you DO NOT need any of that on your truck.. and you should consult your cheif before putting Body bags on your truck.. dude, trust me bring you and maybe a lightbar if you can afford it..

your posts..

LOOK at your posts i put in my opinion******

-- You must consult like 24621472467145 people to get what you want.. You gotta ask your county rules and see how many lights you can have... and if you can have a siren, you have to be a high ranking officer to use a radio..

Can i just ask how old you are? Cause im pretty sure you will only use one thing in your post.... YOU!

Again, Not to be mean, just seems like a VERY bad idea and a VERY large waste of money.

Guest matt31896
1) Ladder?????

2) 2 or 3 1 fire extequishers

3) extra Bunker Gear

4) Body Bags?????

5) Medical Supplies Firefighter Paramedic

6) Lightbar

7) Siren

8) Radio

9) 1-3 Hoses

10) Crew Cab for the truck, 4 door

11) Ford 2009 F350

12) Me!!!!!

13) (firefighters if needed)

14) Decals

15) Locked Metal Cabinets for the back to hold equipement

^^^^^ BTW Hanahan doesn't have a ladder truck.

Reasons for hoses were, if I'm driving to Burger King or Ye Old Fashond Ice Cream and I drive by a fire, I could get out and hook up to a hydrant that was near-by, but I guess an extiquisher would be suitable enough.

Im not a FF so i cant really add to much but...Chris has a point imo.

Here vollys can have lights on there trucks, but not lightbars. Most have a light on the dash and maybe strobes in the tail lights. I dont THINK they can run a siren, but cant recall for sure.

10 and 11 should be combined..a crew cab isnt equipment its part of the model/make info.

Decals, well I have never seen a volly ff with decals on there truck.

Tools, other then a wrench(assuming you hooking up a hose), what would do you think your going to need? The only thing I could think of is maybe a crow bar if you need to break a window, which you could break with your elbow or fist wrapped in a jacket, and if the glass is to thick to break by hand, then I dont know that a crowbar will make much difference.

I see no problem with a hose on your truck but im not the expert.

I see no problem with medical equipment on your truck, but what would you actually carry? A shield thingy for mouth to mouth? Thats tiny. A first aid kit? You can get them pretty small to.

The truck sounds awesome, but seriously what do you need a big ol 8 cylinder truck for? What about the gas?

Are you volly or career?

Im not a FF so i cant really add to much but...Chris has a point imo.

Here vollys can have lights on there trucks, but not lightbars. Most have a light on the dash and maybe strobes in the tail lights. I dont THINK they can run a siren, but cant recall for sure.

Here, (NJ) the law states we are allowed to display BLUE LIGHTS, As a lightbar in your windsheild/dashboard.. YOu cannot have sirens, but you can have a electronic horn..

Here, (NJ) the law states we are allowed to display BLUE LIGHTS, As a lightbar in your windsheild/dashboard.. YOu cannot have sirens, but you can have a electronic horn..

Yeah I guess i wasnt clear, we run Blue Lights as well, and its on the dash as I/you said. I see trucks all the time with blue lights on the dash but never in service so I dont know what they usually run. Volly EMS can use Green but we dont have volly EMS in this city or any surrounding cities that I know of.

I have car too!!! Volkswagen Golf 2 GTI 89' with 4 led blocks and lightbar on roof. It have Siren too. I like driving with it, becoes when I turn all on, People give me a way.... and it cost to me about 200-250 Lats (400-500 dollars).

Better to get adivce early!

Firefighting is not a game. Its not for looks, or to show off that you got lights and siren and an axe-its a dangerous job, it will change your life big time, and don't you tell me that you know because no you don't know.

All the items you listed tells me that you think its all about showing off, its all about blasting code 3 in your rig to a call, with unnecessary tools/equipment.

All you need is your spare bunker Gear, helmet, first aid and fire extinguisher and thats it. You're too young to realize the hazard pay and the stress/frustration, the duties, all that Textbook 1001 crap.

By the way, every equipment used in the fire has the stuff that causes cancer. its a bad idea to bring back duty stuff to your home or exposed to your family. You don't want to give cancer to anybody that breaths or stays near your stuff.

Money, you need money first before you make your dreamwish list.

Good luck.

I kind of agree wit CFD, this is dangerous stuff and I really dont think you need all that. Unless you live I a middle of nothing, with 15 people in the town you dont need a whole bunch of equitment. Thats what Engine and Ladder companys are for. From everything I know you will usially not respond to the scene In your POV, but drive to the VOl. station, get on the vehicle best fit for the situation, then go to the scene, not drive directially to it. Thats why I say keep it basic. Lights, First Aid equitment, A helment, Bunker gear, Some food and Water, a fire extinguisher, and a radio.

Firefighting is not a game. Its not for looks, or to show off that you got lights and siren and an axe-its a dangerous job, it will change your life big time, and don't you tell me that you know because no you don't know.

All the items you listed tells me that you think its all about showing off, its all about blasting code 3 in your rig to a call, with unnecessary tools/equipment.

All you need is your spare bunker Gear, helmet, first aid and fire extinguisher and thats it. You're too young to realize the hazard pay and the stress/frustration, the duties, all that Textbook 1001 crap.

By the way, every equipment used in the fire has the stuff that causes cancer. its a bad idea to bring back duty stuff to your home or exposed to your family. You don't want to give cancer to anybody that breaths or stays near your stuff.

Money, you need money first before you make your dreamwish list.

Good luck.

I couldn't agree more.. Most people do NOT understand what firefighters really do... We dont just park our loud red cute little truck whereever we want... We dont get to see our loving family/friends until your ass in out of the fire... and most people think of firefighting as a hobby.. No, not really... its a dangerous job.. Now, since Matt is only a kid im not criticising him at all, all im saying is that what he posted basically says "HEY WORLD I AM A FIREFIGHTER LOOK AT ME, HURRY LOOK AT ME PLEASE!!!!" again, not to be mean but firefighting is not a display contest.. All you need is your gear which stays AT YOUR RESPECTIVE FIREHOUSE... I'm sure you will LOVE firefighting if you go in as a Junior/Cadet Firefigher, but once you go into the fire Academy, its either in or out.. no other direction.. This isnt something you think twice about.. you are either in or out..

And based on your post and what you "want" tells everyone that you are not a Firefighter... you are a Civillian with pretty lights and cool stuff that you wasted your money on...

Matt, Life isnt a game, As firefighters, no one really cares how we look or anything.

So please if your going to listen to anything i say, let it be this, DO NOT waste your money on that crap.. Trust me, by high school you'll have a great girlfriend and you will thank me for not wasting that money cause that girl will set a fire in your pockets! LOL.

so, yea.. Just my little touch.. :)

-Chris

Guest matt31896

1) THX for the advice on how it's not a game, but real life, I never get time to see 5 or 6 of my cousins because they are all firefighters and when I did get to, it was either 10 mins or they got called out somewhere (SC gets a lot of calls FD needs to handle) .

2) Mike, tell the truth, are you actually a firefighter, if so, how are you one and 14 at the same time?

3) My edited list has what CFD said was all I needed, Hanahan is rather small, only 2 engines, a Cheif's vehicle, and an ambulance and about 20-25 ffs at one station to cover a chunk of land about 10 square miles, we used to have a ladder truck, but North Charleston bought it, so no more ladder truck for us. My avatar is the older one, not the oldest, the oldest was sold for the ladder truck, I think a 1990 or so truck, slow as hell, and kids these days, espically here in Hanahan, play with fire too much and get injuries like nothing, last time I was at the FS, E1 just got back from a 2 stroy structure fire, 5 mins later the whole station (E1, E2, L1, and the ambulance, no Cheif's truck though) was called out to assist North Charleston on an arson of an office buliding prbably three times bigger on the ground than North Charleston's closest FS, whick has like 3 engines, a ladder, an equipment truck, like Hoppah's USAR, but I don't think NC does USAR, 2 ambulances, and like 10 fire pick-ups, and the office building was 5 strories high, 2 or 3 mins after they got back, the medics were called out on an alligator attack victim, PD had cleared the gator already, while the medics were gone, another medical call came in, they had to get NC's help on that call.

4) No it wasn't to show off, the gear was I thought good, do you guys live in a town that has the smallest FD for the town's size?

5) Just to throw it out there, my dad is NCPD, like 10 or more of my relitives nearby are FD, 3 of which are RSAR, tough stuff from what I see, 9 FFs have been killed, and I basiclly saw them die 2 or so years ago, I think being a civil servant runs through the family, I have the chance to be a nuclear scientist, but in the end I'm going to be a firefighter paramedic for Hanahan, I literally pray for my whole family out in these dangerous feilds during classes, in my life I've lost 2 or 3 relitives from firefighting, again I had to put that out there.

Just goes to show that firefighting isnt a game and it Must be taken seriously..

My FD is Pretty large Jurisdiction...

We Have:

4 Engines

1 Heavy Rescue

1 Aerial Ladder

3 Brush Trucks

3 Chief's

- 1 Main cheif, 2 Assistant,

We have 3 Stations that are all really active and we always get trucks on the road.

Guest matt31896
:1046275767_ugly:

I'm not going to be one though, firefighting is in my blood, that or plasma or both!!!!!

Took a bike ride down there, I live a couple of blocks from the station, I'm using their spare computer, they are buying back that ladder truck, back out side for the ambulace when it parks now, wait................................... wow, full house, bye.

lol I dont know if the politics are the same now, but they used to be kind of screwed up. There was a fire across the street from where I live now in some 1 story apart complex. Its in volly territory even though its equal distance from a paid station run by the city which is on the same street. Anyways they have 2 engines, a quint, BC and dive rescue which is not of use in a fire obviously, at the near by station, and a Pumper and a HES/Brush at the other Station. The fire raging out of control, and they needed back up. Now I dont recall what units were on scene but they had to call a ladder in from 5 miles way despite there being ladder 1 mile away. I think its bs when lives are at stake.

1) THX for the advice on how it's not a game, but real life, I never get time to see 5 or 6 of my cousins because they are all firefighters and when I did get to, it was either 10 mins or they got called out somewhere (SC gets a lot of calls FD needs to handle) .

2) Mike, tell the truth, are you actually a firefighter, if so, how are you one and 14 at the same time?

3) My edited list has what CFD said was all I needed, Hanahan is rather small, only 2 engines, a Cheif's vehicle, and an ambulance and about 20-25 ffs at one station to cover a chunk of land about 10 square miles, we used to have a ladder truck, but North Charleston bought it, so no more ladder truck for us. My avatar is the older one, not the oldest, the oldest was sold for the ladder truck, I think a 1990 or so truck, slow as hell, and kids these days, espically here in Hanahan, play with fire too much and get injuries like nothing, last time I was at the FS, E1 just got back from a 2 stroy structure fire, 5 mins later the whole station (E1, E2, L1, and the ambulance, no Cheif's truck though) was called out to assist North Charleston on an arson of an office buliding prbably three times bigger on the ground than North Charleston's closest FS, whick has like 3 engines, a ladder, an equipment truck, like Hoppah's USAR, but I don't think NC does USAR, 2 ambulances, and like 10 fire pick-ups, and the office building was 5 strories high, 2 or 3 mins after they got back, the medics were called out on an alligator attack victim, PD had cleared the gator already, while the medics were gone, another medical call came in, they had to get NC's help on that call.

4) No it wasn't to show off, the gear was I thought good, do you guys live in a town that has the smallest FD for the town's size?

5) Just to throw it out there, my dad is NCPD, like 10 or more of my relitives nearby are FD, 3 of which are RSAR, tough stuff from what I see, 9 FFs have been killed, and I basiclly saw them die 2 or so years ago, I think being a civil servant runs through the family, I have the chance to be a nuclear scientist, but in the end I'm going to be a firefighter paramedic for Hanahan, I literally pray for my whole family out in these dangerous feilds during classes, in my life I've lost 2 or 3 relitives from firefighting, again I had to put that out there.

dude....my fire dept has less active members then that...and we cover over 35 square miles....listen to the advice given...goto the firehall and get your tools and ride the truck...if the trucks roll before you make it...then i guess your outta luck thats how it works....you arent gonna hook a hose to a hydrant and fight a fire..you need a pump...go through and learn more about the job before you go deciding to deck out your POV with thousands of dollars of equipment that not even one of my chiefs carry on theyre vehicle

Town with several rural villages with a population of 145,804 and only one fire station with 3 engines + 2 extra engines kept in garages. - The next nearest fire station is in a completly different region (state).

Not quite sure how volunteer fire services work in America, but don't you just need a vehicle with lights and a little bit of equipment? Wouldn't you use the equipment from the emergency vehicles on scene?