UPF

Water Tank Capacity:

400 Gallons

Aerial Device:

75' HDLC Heavy Duty

Monitor/Deck Gun:

Akron Model 3578 Monitor with an Akron Model 5177 Nozzle

Other Features:

~Front Bumper Discharge ~One 2-1/2" Crosslay ~Two 1-3/4" Crosslays ~115' Ground Ladder Package ~Aerial Complement of Pike Poles ~Two Three-Cylinder SCBA Storage Compartments ~Onan 10,000 Watt Hydraulic Generator ~Akron Cord reel ~Two Focus Telescoping Lights ~Whelen LED Emergency Lighting ~FireCom Intercom System ~EMS Compartment in Cab ~Atkinson Two Way Aerial Communication System ~Retractable/Dual Position Waterway ~Monitor Safety Interlock ~Blue LED Rung Light Illumination ~Chevron Emergency Striping on Rear Surface

^that looks ALOT like a Spartan Gladiator/Ferra HD.

quint9ds5027978.jpg

This is 1 Quint 9 2009 Spartan Gladiator/Ferrara HD-77ft Quint - 1500gpm/400gal which is about a mile down the road from me. IMO its one of the only good looking trucks EFD uses.

rescue15117428.jpg

1 Recue 1 1997 Ford/Ferrara walk-in Heavy Rescue. This one of two rescue squads in Evansville, and one of 3 trucks I am aware of that carries excitation tools out of about 15 trucks in the city. 1 Quint 9 is the only non rescue truck I know of that carries extrication tools.

Do you know how it works?

The powder is a potassium based compound. It is safe and non-toxic. It is, however, an irritant - much like accidentally breathing flour dust would be. Any time firefighters are involved with fires and Fire Interruption Technology, demonstration or otherwise, they recommend you wear your SCBA.

Guest mrpolice1996
The powder is a potassium based compound. It is safe and non-toxic. It is, however, an irritant - much like accidentally breathing flour dust would be. Any time firefighters are involved with fires and Fire Interruption Technology, demonstration or otherwise, they recommend you wear your SCBA.

Interesting :)

This is always been my favorite(since i was like 8years old)

The front post-6928-1263005525_thumb.jpg

Side view(with a Shitload of equipment inside)post-6928-1263005541_thumb.jpg

Back view(pretty high pole,(about 14 meters(fully out))post-6928-1263005556_thumb.jpg

Other side(with even more equipmentpost-6928-1263005568_thumb.jpg

Specs:

Code name: 7431 "Taz"(the loony toon character)

Base: Royal Air Force base: Woensdrecht airfield

Role: Multi purpose truck

Brand: DAF FFV75.270 ATI 4x4

Chassis: Kronenburg/Rosenbauer

Type: Hedel TS6LD3400HD400T1500

Tank holding: 1500liters

Crew: 6

Specialty: Multi task

Out fitted with:

First aid, Heat sensor, camera Fuel/Air pressure measurement, Explosive device handling material, Small live boat, hydrolysis ladder packing, 3 suction pipes(3meters), 1 suction filter head(for the suction pipes), 1 3 piece ladder, Emergency stretcher Crowbars, flashlights, eye washing station, 5 pressurized breathing devices, 2 combat knifes, 6 bottles of air, chemical equipment(boots, coveralls, helmets, hand gloves), Cutter(sheers), Chainsaw, Toolbox cutter + disks, pylons, powder extinguishers(BC 6kg)(D 12kg) power supply(4300KW/H), flares, diving equipment(and tons of other supporting stuff to secure/rescue/fight fire).

Truck armament's :

Engine: DAF RS200L 8,66Liter 6 cylinders Turbo Diesel with inter cooler good for: 270 Brake Horse Power

Pumping unit:

capacity: 3000l/min at 10bar, pumping up a massive amount of 24.000liter to get 40bar.

(This truck will drain a lake when an airplane is on fire(that is way they are so rare in the dutch(only some airbases have lakes)

Power source: Main engine

Hose connections: 4x 1,5", 2x suction tube, 3x transportation hoses.

Hoses:

10 x 2,5" transport hoses

4 x 1,5" Attack hoses(40bar)

This baby will put out an burning F-16(fully loaded with bombs and fuel)under 2minutes, At the same time rescue the pilot(from land/sea or even plane), Securing the area, Brush patrols, Helping out with civil duties as well(for the district, Woendrecht/Bergen op zoom)

Top speed: 155KM/H

In service since 1996(making it one of the oldest still active fire truck in the dutch airforce)

Will continue service until the late 2020's

That is why this is my favorite(for over 14years now)

EDIT:

In the Netherlands we use similair vehicles these days but then yellow. Even the air force uses them but they are cool and very very big to see live.

No we don't.

The picture you see is the Rossenbauwer 6x6

post-6928-1263008671_thumb.jpg

The dutch(civil, airforce and navy) use the E-one HPR Titan(8x8)

post-6928-1263008619_thumb.jpg

26 are in civil use(on airports around the netherlands)

12 are in the airforce(3Woensdrecht, 3 Leeuwwarden, 3 Gilze Rijen, 3 Eindhoven)

3 are in the navy(3 in Den helder)

This has to be My favorite Australian Apparatus. :P

100_03511.jpg

Known as: USAR 1

Chassis Make & Model: Mercedes Benz Actros 2653 (6x4)

Commissioned: 2004 (1 Vehicle)

Crew Capacity: 2

Gross Operating Mass: 20.5 tonne

Dimensions: 17.8m (L), 3.8m (H), 2.5m (W)

Wheelbase: 3.98m

Trailer Equipment: 3 x 50kVa generators, seismic listening device, search cameras, communication equipment, hydraulic jackhammers, halogen baloon lights, timber shoring, Suzuki 450 Quad bike