jab16

LA Airport Mod

Actually in the Netherlands(where hoppah lives and als where the LA mod is made) al you make is copyrigh protected so if he uses things of the LA mod without hoppah's permision he is violating the law. Same law is being applied for germany where sixteentons has been stationed.

And Youtube will definatly either approace him or delete the movie if hoppah contacts them.

So we aren't even allowed to make mods at all??

Everyone is free to make personal changes to stuff as long you don't distribute them. Emergency 4 is also copyright protected, but we're free to make changes to it. The guy who made that video is pretending he's making a NEW mod and is using my stuff without mentioning my nickname or the name of the LA mod. That's what I don't like, even if he made the stuff without the intention of releasing it in the future.

Hoppah

You are allowed to make mods if and only if the creator allows you to. However almost 99% of the game company allowes you to do so.

You don't have to copy yourself. You're wrong, you are not punishable by law when you make changes for YOURSELF. There is no point of prosecuting people who made personal changes to a mod without the intention of releasing it. However, releasing material which includes changes of copyright protected material is not allowed. Media like videos and pictures are ok (to me), except when you start pretending the stuff is yours. There is a difference between making and releasing something and that's what you are forgetting.

You should've said:

"You are allowed to make release mods if and only if the creator allows you to. However almost 99% of the game company allowes you to do so."

Hoppah

So we aren't even allowed to make mods at all??

Everyone is free to make personal changes to stuff as long you don't distribute them. Emergency 4 is also copyright protected, but we're free to make changes to it. The guy who made that video is pretending he's making a NEW mod and is using my stuff without mentioning my nickname or the name of the LA mod. That's what I don't like, even if he made the stuff without the intention of releasing it in the future.

Hoppah

Actually.....he never said "I'm the one making/copying/stealing this mod" or any variation.... all the vid said was "new mod is coming"... It never said who was building it or whether it would be freely distributed. For all we know, it was just for a circle of friends and he needed a place to host the vid.

I agree though that as soon as he tries to publish it, he should ask permission. Maybe he wanted some supporters before he went ahead and did work and got permission

Actually.....he never said "I'm the one making/copying/stealing this mod" or any variation.... all the vid said was "new mod is coming"... It never said who was building it or whether it would be freely distributed. For all we know, it was just for a circle of friends and he needed a place to host the vid.

I agree though that as soon as he tries to publish it, he should ask permission. Maybe he wanted some supporters before he went ahead and did work and got permission

Maybe, but the title of the video is "The new LAX mod for Emergency 4". Looks like a new mod to me. The only thing he had to do was mentioning my nickname or the name of the mod where this mod is based on. Examples could be "Original content by Hoppah" or "Original content taken from the Los Angeles Mod". Even if he did that he still needs permission to release his changes, but that's not the case right now. Best thing would be promoting the mod as a submod for the Los Angeles mod, but that's just not what this looks like.

Hoppah

Maybe, but the title of the video is "The new LAX mod for Emergency 4". Looks like a new mod to me. The only thing he had to do was mentioning my nickname or the name of the mod where this mod is based on. Examples could be "Original content by Hoppah" or "Original content taken from the Los Angeles Mod". Even if he did that he still needs permission to release his changes, but that's not the case right now. Best thing would be promoting the mod as a submod for the Los Angeles mod, but that's just not what this looks like.

Hoppah

Could be... All anyone can do now is watch and wait. By chance, where do you have your copyright registered?

Could be... All anyone can do now is watch and wait. By chance, where do you have your copyright registered?

I don't have to, because what I made is not commerical. I don't sell my mod, but I do own my work under protection of the law.

For more information, read MikesPhotos brilliant post in this topic: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...ost&p=77251

Hoppah

You cant really do anything about it, you are distributing your LA mod witch violated emergency 4 copyright, but they dont really care if the have seen it yet.

Youtube Policies: Youtube will not remove his video because he is not breaking any copyright law, theres a difference between saying your content is protected by a copyright or if you actually paid for your specific LA mod to be copyrighted.

( I know you dont have a paid copyright, because companies examine the content being copyrighted and this infringes emergency's 4. Thats why I never really make huge mods, because you cant get paid copyrights 99% of the time.)

Youtube Personal Information Policy: Youtube can not give out any information on any user including their IP adress, it is part of their privacy statement, they can actually get a major lawsuit if they broke that.

I know your pissed about it, but you cant do much besides add him to your website ban list. Unless you have paid for every part of your LA mod copyrighted through a legit copyright, theres nothing you can do really.

If there was a way to make all your mod files uneditable, thats something you should consider so people cant make mods off of it, because theres many many more mods made from the LA mod then just this LAX one. I dunno how you can lock all your files like that though.

You cant really do anything about it, you are distributing your LA mod witch violated emergency 4 copyright, but they dont really care if the have seen it yet.

You are distributing a mod that will only work if you got the game and not a game. Not a copyright issue since you are the full maker of the mod.

Youtube Policies: Youtube will not remove his video because he is not breaking any copyright law, theres a difference between saying your content is protected by a copyright or if you actually paid for your specific LA mod to be copyrighted.

( I know you dont have a paid copyright, because companies examine the content being copyrighted and this infringes emergency's 4. Thats why I never really make huge mods, because you cant get paid copyrights 99% of the time.)

You are legal owner of the models even if not copyrighted you own legal right. But to come to your point, Youtube does not care about something like this. They will only remove it if it includes content from big companies and if those companies would fill in a claim.

If you understand what I mean? Even if I am on your point for 70%

And I wonder why the fuck someone would care about removing videos because he made a version of a mod without telling he didn't make it... wow it's a video. Now and?

Youtube Personal Information Policy: Youtube can not give out any information on any user including their IP adress, it is part of their privacy statement, they can actually get a major lawsuit if they broke that.

Nothing to do with Youtube rules but privacy laws. If Youtube would give user information without a document from a court they would break privacy laws since they are supposed to keep your personal date (and this includes Ip information) secret

I know your pissed about it, but you cant do much besides add him to your website ban list. Unless you have paid for every part of your LA mod copyrighted through a legit copyright, theres nothing you can do really.

If there was a way to make all your mod files uneditable, thats something you should consider so people cant make mods off of it, because theres many many more mods made from the LA mod then just this LAX one. I dunno how you can lock all your files like that though.

+1 very very true

And before someones gonna try hurting me. I studied Civil and Legal laws that applied to the Kingdom of Belgium and since those from Netherlands are very similar and since the Los Angeles mod and this site are both owned by Dutch people and where made on Dutch ground, Laws of the Kingdom of Netherlands apply.

Still, nothing you can do at all, I would never, but I can make a mod called "L.A Mod v2, better than origional but uses all the same stuff!" And you cant do anything about it.

The only thing you can really do to him is ban him from your site, but as far as his LAX edit you cant stop him from letting ppl download it and use it.

I would be pissed if I was hoppah too, but at the same time I would never make a mod like he did because of crap like this hahaha..

Banning him will not do much either, because I dont think you can make a script for IPB to detect proxies n stuff.

Not much use to keep arguing about all this and just continue, because people will get sick of the flamming posts about it.

I'd like to add something too:

So why did 16T add the editor, a mod installer, an ingame modifications menu to Emergency 3 and 4? Mods do enhance the value of the game (which results in better sellings). I do not earn a single dime from my mod, 16T does, so there is no reason to forbid mods as a game developter/publisher. As soon I start selling the mod I am punishable by law.

Interesting article here:

http://techregulation.blogspot.com/2008/01...aper-topic.html

Laws are difficult, aren't they?

TEXT

wow you are the first one no trying to blame me for my reply :O

Mind your language Stan :P

I don't really see this as bad *** language

But to give all this a shout and a good end. We all know I can ban every single people, even if he has a dynamic ip forver (taking about server sided ban that would translate the ip address before visit and compare it with thos ethat where banned. Match = you are out)

So if Mr. Youtube really thinks that he's going to release a fully faked non selfmade mod he might never see any further version of any mod published on this side again.

Think of it like this Hoppah, Emergency 4 added a modification thing like you said so people can make it look better.

Now look at it like this:

Look at your game as emergency 4, now look at that guys mod as a mod to it to make somethin look cooler. Its virtually the same concept.

wow you are the first one no trying to blame me for my reply :O

I don't really see this as bad *** language

But to give all this a shout and a good end. We all know I can ban every single people, even if he has a dynamic ip forver (taking about server sided ban that would translate the ip address before visit and compare it with thos ethat where banned. Match = you are out)

So if Mr. Youtube really thinks that he's going to release a fully faked non selfmade mod he might never see any further version of any mod published on this side again.

There we go, thats how you deal with stuff like this ^_^, should close the topic now and end it on this good note so theres no more flamming, and put this to an end.

lol, there are plenty of other sites out there where he could publish his makings just as easily as he could on here, but hey. Maybe we should give him a day or so to maybe reply. This could just be a big misunderstanding instead of blowing it out everyones ass right now.

Think of it like this Hoppah, Emergency 4 added a modification thing like you said so people can make it look better.

Look at your game as emergency 4, now look at that guys mod as a mod to it to make somethin look cooler. Its virtually the same concept.

Hoppah made his own things. This airport mod is all hoppah's stuff. Davidada hasn't made anything new at all.

@Any Moderator: Why don't you close this topic to stop the argument?

He doesnt have to make anything new, he can be a jerk if he wants to and just change 1 character model and release it as a new mod. Nothing will stop him except for gettin banned on here.

------------------------------------------CLOSE THREAD PLZ-----------------------------------------------------------

Not entirely the same... you paid for Emergency 4 and Sixteen Tons gave you the rights to make a modification based on the game but that can only be released without the game and will only work if you purchased the game. You are even free to redistribute it as it even will only work if the one who downloads it got the game.

While using another mod and just editing it is just taking some others work without the rights and just doing what you want

My POV :)

But time to close, we all trowed our 2 cent, this already got way to far for a video only. Whoever sayd he's going to release it with the units shown in the video?

So :closed:

Apart from this the user that uploaded the video is a 13 Years old kid who doesn't even know the word copyright or doesn't even know what he/she is doing

This remembers me of a case here. Some girl uploaded a mp3 on her site without knowing how she did. She got claimed but the case was closed on end by just removing the mp3 since it was proved that the girl had no knowledge and it was just done by error

:closed:

If someone still wants to clear his/her mind, PM me