jab16

LA Airport Mod

To hoppah and everyone else,

Today I was on Youtube and stumbled upon this it looks good too, date of video is pretty recent and i hope it will be finished.

Comments????

Eh, I'm not really all that interested in playing one particular area of the city. (Unless my thinking is wrong and it's gonna be added to the freeplay map)

I'm not a big fan of the new freeplay map to begin with and isolating that area down to just an airport would not be very fun in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, this may appeal to other people, but my fun comes from dealing with CITY-wide emergencies.

Quick inquiry... If that video was promoting the LA Mod... why did it have a Pittsburgh Area hazmat unit???

no idea i wonderd the same thing, although I kind o0f agree on the city wide emergency thing, im really intrested to see how creatve this person can get and what events there will be.

EDIT: I think the "Still Building" part means he is making models that look like those units, just a guess

Guest MGC|Uthog

Well the map is not totally made by hoppah, as far as i seen it is an edited version of the Mission 19 (airport) off EM4 and this movie looks like a rip off of the LA mod.

He's promoting it as a new mod without mentioning my name or the Los Angeles Mod or whatsoever. If he promoted it as a submod to the LA mod it would've been alright. In this case we're going to see if the author of the video has an account on this forum so we can take the appropiate actions. I hate people who are pretending they made all the stuff, even if they 'just' forgot to mention mine and others their nicknames.

I am looking for a report function on Youtube to ask for the authors IP, so we can compare it with the users on this forum.

Hoppah

edit: It's probably this Dutch user on the forum: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?showuser=3163

I've sent him a PM to ask him to change/remove the video. If he doesn't comply he will be banned from the forum. I take stuff like this pretty serious, even if it's only in a video.

He's promoting it as a new mod without mentioning my name or the Los Angeles Mod or whatsoever. If he promoted it as a submod to the LA mod it would've been alright. In this case we're going to see if the author of the video has an account on this forum so we can take the appropiate actions. I hate people who are pretending they made all the stuff, even if they 'just' forgot to mention mine and others their nicknames.

I am looking for a report function on Youtube to ask for the authors IP, so we can compare it with the users on this forum.

Hoppah

edit: It's probably this Dutch user on the forum: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?showuser=3163

I've sent him a PM to ask him to change/remove the video. If he doesn't comply he will be banned from the forum. I take stuff like this pretty serious, even if it's only in a video.

No offense, but they're probably not gonna do that. They didn't actually "steal" anything. It's not like a song where the audio is copyrighted, it's just a game. Granted, you worked hard on that mod, but all he's doing is promoting it. It's not like he's trying to sell it or have a link to download it.

Also, bans don't fix everything. You can just as easily get back on the forum with a new email address and such.

As much as I know you don't like it Hoppah, sometimes you gotta choose your battles. Now unless I'm wrong and he's got some download up somewhere or in some way is selling your work.... He didn't violate anything

Yeah, agree with the upper poster. In a small community like the EM one, we don't have the luxury to do every battle we want. Would be better if you just approach the maker and remind him, same time asking what he was thinking and possibly even guide him. As of now, we do not have enough mods and maps to splatter around, so any well made map is welcomed and even needed. I doubt he intended to do any harm.

Also, bans don't fix everything. You can just as easily get back on the forum with a new email address and such.

As much as I know you don't like it Hoppah, sometimes you gotta choose your battles. Now unless I'm wrong and he's got some download up somewhere or in some way is selling your work.... He didn't violate anything

Bans can prevent him accessing the forums. The Moderators can give him a full ip ban so he can't access the forums even if he has a new email address.

Bans can prevent him accessing the forums. The Moderators can give him a full ip ban so he can't access the forums even if he has a new email address.

Depends... It's not that hard to mask or change an IP. For all intents and purposes, he could have registered at a friends house, a library, an internet cafe....anywhere. That's why when the police conduct investigations involving computers, IP addresses are considered circumstantial evidence.

Like I said.... Is he/she really hurting anything? I've seen so many people thrown on the cross for such minor infractions in this forum. Mods needs to take a breather before they warn/post/ban. A lot of the incidents I've seen did not warrant the kind of language and brow beating the offenders received.

Guest MGC|Uthog

Actually in the Netherlands(where hoppah lives and als where the LA mod is made) al you make is copyrigh protected so if he uses things of the LA mod without hoppah's permision he is violating the law. Same law is being applied for germany where sixteentons has been stationed.

And Youtube will definatly either approace him or delete the movie if hoppah contacts them.

Actually in the Netherlands(where hoppah lives and als where the LA mod is made) al you make is copyrigh protected so if he uses things of the LA mod without hoppah's permision he is violating the law. Same law is being applied for germany where sixteentons has been stationed.

And Youtube will definatly either approace him or delete the movie if hoppah contacts them.

In that case every video of EM4 or the American equivalent should be deleted... and for that matter, any video that involves any gameplay of any sort of multimedia game should be deleted unless they can furnish the proper authorization, notarized, and in triplicate

Yeah, agree with the upper poster. In a small community like the EM one, we don't have the luxury to do every battle we want. Would be better if you just approach the maker and remind him, same time asking what he was thinking and possibly even guide him. As of now, we do not have enough mods and maps to splatter around, so any well made map is welcomed and even needed. I doubt he intended to do any harm.

I would agree, but I think this a cool map, but I don't see the point, I would rather play hoppahs new map instead of this, now down the road when hoppahs map starts to get boring I could see the point of this map but right now with his map only a few weeks old, I would stick with the la mod map, but I don't think this guys released it yet, has he?

Guest MGC|Uthog
In that case every video of EM4 or the American equivalent should be deleted... and for that matter, any video that involves any gameplay of any sort of multimedia game should be deleted unless they can furnish the proper authorization, notarized, and in triplicate

True but not unless the owner of the video or part of it contacts outube about it.

If you made your own music with clip and all and you see people posting it would you delete it? No because it is free commercial right?

But if somebody changed a few lines and then says it is his then you would delete it right? Yes

Same case applies here:).

And unlike in the states people in the Netherlands cant sue people for a few mil dollar.

True but not unless the owner of the video or part of it contacts outube about it.

If you made your own music with clip and all and you see people posting it would you delete it? No because it is free commercial right?

But if somebody changed a few lines and then says it is his then you would delete it right? Yes

Same case applies here:).

And unlike in the states people in the Netherlands cant sue people for a few mil dollar.

In this case though, this davidadadada (or whatever) person owns the video. He may not own rights to the mod, but he did make the video.