njboy13

Funny or Embarrassing moments on the Job

Post any funny, or somewhat embarrassing moments that you have been in while on the fire, police, or EMS job.

One of my recent ones:

1. I pulled up to a fire scene in my ambulance, I came up and stop next to the cop at the road block. At that particular time, the radio station we had on was playing "Party in the USA - Miley Cyrus" and A comment wsa made about it three times:

1. Cop: What the

Hell
kinda music you playin'? Go check in with command over there, Engine two.

We pull up to engine two:

2. Firefighter: Dear God, Miley Cyrus? EMS captain just arrived, go check with him, then stage in the parking lot.

We stage in the parking lot, as EMS captain walks over to the ambulance:

3. EMS Captain: No, I don't think so

Me: What?

Captain: Miley Cyrus? You're playing Miley Cyrus in my rig? I don't think so.

lol. Un-expected fun on the job is always great. Post some of your moments if you have any.

You play music in the rig... Tsk tsk tsk, should be listening to radio traffic instead :P

haha, I guess that's why there is a radio holster on the side of the drivers seat head rest. But just like my post in some other topic, the radio is turned down or off when needed, and is usually played at a low volume anyway.

Guest Swat Force
Another was when one rig was out so I used the reserve ambulance, and I didn't know that it had a broken siren. The broken siren kinda sounded like the following video. It was funny.

LOL?!

Guest matt31896

I just read online that an LAPD cop with a history of blasting the public radio while driving down the street arrives to a gang related murder, he his released of duties that day cuz he was blasting the public radio while a gangster rap song was on, profanity and all!!!!!

I stopped a 74 y/o woman the other day who was driving her grandsons car and swerving - - when turning down the radio she pressed the cd button and the song "F the police" came on... I could only laugh lol as she scrambled - to turn it off - saying "Oh my goodness!!!"

TROOPER

Yesterday we had an ambulance call, well we arrived at the hospital took the patient inside...well apparently the driver forgot to shut the battery off. so we came outside and the paramedics told us that a mutual aid company just got paged for a working dwelling fire,we jumped in the Squad...dead as could be...so Paramedics had to jump us with theyre ambulance

4012674203_06d94aabc4_b.jpg

Yesterday we had an ambulance call, well we arrived at the hospital took the patient inside...well apparently the driver forgot to shut the battery off. so we came outside and the paramedics told us that a mutual aid company just got paged for a working dwelling fire,we jumped in the Squad...dead as could be...so Paramedics had to jump us with theyre ambulance

haha, I've never had that happen.

hmm, the ambulance on the right looks like my ambulance... But we never jumped anybody

Guest matt31896
I stopped a 74 y/o woman the other day who was driving her grandsons car and swerving - - when turning down the radio she pressed the cd button and the song "F the police" came on... I could only laugh lol as she scrambled - to turn it off - saying "Oh my goodness!!!"

TROOPER

Oh Jesus that's hilarious!