simking

Quint or quad?

Does LA use quint or quad units?

are their any in game I have not seen any

Quint and Quad

In some areas, the turntable ladder may be known as a Quad or Quint, as it is capable of performing multiple tasks (pump, water tank, fire hose, aerial device, and ground ladders) with each of these functions making up one of its four (quad) or five (quint) capabilities. The NFPA National Fire Protection Association has certain specification that a turntable ladder truck has to meet to be officially considered a Quint or Quad. (Fire pump capacity, minimum amounts of equipment)

Guest WannabeMedic195
Does LA use quint or quad units?

are their any in game I have not seen any

Quint and Quad

In some areas, the turntable ladder may be known as a Quad or Quint, as it is capable of performing multiple tasks (pump, water tank, fire hose, aerial device, and ground ladders) with each of these functions making up one of its four (quad) or five (quint) capabilities. The NFPA National Fire Protection Association has certain specification that a turntable ladder truck has to meet to be officially considered a Quint or Quad. (Fire pump capacity, minimum amounts of equipment)

A Quad is a quint, without the aerial ladder. It's basically an engine that carries all the ground ladders that a ladder company carries, without the main aerial ladder.

A Quad is a quint, without the aerial ladder. It's basically an engine that carries all the ground ladders that a ladder company carries, without the main aerial ladder.

You are incorrect that was from wiki and the photo that they had was one of the units from my county I used to live in palm beach.

its called a quad because of the 4 functions listed in the article hence the word quad meaning 4....

eather way be nice to have them in the game i really don't like the tiller the reach still seems too short should easily be able to spray over 1 or 2 houses and hit a 3ed.a nice tower platform would be cool.

A Quint is a Ladder truck (mounted on back) that has a main ladder, but also has the ability to usially preform the same if not close to the functions of a engine. or at least thats from what i know im pretty sure it verys from department to department.

WIKI INFO:

A quint, or quintuple combination pumper, is a fire service apparatus that serves the dual purpose of an engine and a ladder truck.

NFPA Qualifications for a quint:

Fire pump

A pump with a minimum capacity of 1000 gpm ( 3,790 L/min)

Aerial device

An aerial ladder or elevating platform with a permanently installed waterway

Water tank

A tank with a minimum capacity of 300 gallons (1140 L).

Equipment storage

A minimum of 40 cubic feet (1.1 cubic meters) of enclosed compartmentation

Hose storage

A minimum of 30 cubic feet (.8 cubic meters) of storage area for 2.5 inch (65 mm) or larger fire hose.

Two areas, each with a minimum of 3.5 cubic feet (.1 cubic meters) for 1.5 inch (38 mm) or preconnected fire hose lines

Ground ladders

A minimum of 85 feet (26 meters) of ground ladders, including at least:

One extension ladder

One roof ladder

One attic ladder

Suction hose

A minimum of 15 feet (4.5 meters) of soft suction hose or 20 feet (6 meters) of hard suction hose for drafting

AND MORE