SirMoo

LAChase

Firstoff, can someone upload an unmodified version of LAChase.script for me... I've jacked mine up... Installed a second copy of 1.9 as a backup so I can always have a fresh copy. I was attempting to set random values for:

int Money = Mission::GetMoneyLeft();
int NewMoney = Money + 300;
Mission::SetMoney(NewMoney);
Mission::PlayHint("Driver fined for speeding. You earned 300 credits!");

My goal was it to say something random like "Fined for expired registration and other things... I tried with if else (random == 1) and this did not work among other different variations... What would the ideal way be to go about having the "PlayHint" change to a random list simply for realistic purpose?

Try this instead of your code:

int Fine;
int Chance = Math::rand() % 3;
if (Chance == 0)
{
Fine = 300;
Mission::PlayHint("Driver fined for speeding. You earned 300 credits!");
}
else if (Chance == 1)
{
Fine = 400;
Mission::PlayHint("Blabla!");
}
else if (Chance == 2)
{
Fine = 500;
Mission::PlayHint("BlablaBla!");
}
else
{
Fine = 600;
Mission::PlayHint("BlaBlaBlaBla!");
}
int NewMoney = Money + Fine;

Let me know what you made out of it, I might add it to the mod. :)

Exactly what I wanted! I tried the exact something just with a few different patterns with different things for each else if. This is what I have mine set up now. Nothing major... just something for more than just speeding...

int Fine;
int Chance = Math::rand() % 4;
if (Chance == 0)
{
Fine = 300;
Mission::PlayHint("Driver fined for speeding. You've earned 300 credits!");
}
else if (Chance == 1)
{
Fine = 200;
Mission::PlayHint("Driver fined for expired registration stick. You've earned 200 credits!");
}
else if (Chance == 2)
{
Fine = 200;
Mission::PlayHint("Driver fined for a missing tail light. You've earned 200 credits!");
}
else if (Chance == 3)
{
Fine = 600;
Mission::PlayHint("Driver fined for failure to use a seatbelt. You've earned 600 credits!");
}

Guest firemike550
Exactly what I wanted! I tried the exact something just with a few different patterns with different things for each else if. This is what I have mine set up now. Nothing major... just something for more than just speeding...

int Fine;
int Chance = Math::rand() % 4;
if (Chance == 0)
{
Fine = 300;
Mission::PlayHint("Driver fined for speeding. You've earned 300 credits!");
}
else if (Chance == 1)
{
Fine = 200;
Mission::PlayHint("Driver fined for expired registration stick. You've earned 200 credits!");
}
else if (Chance == 2)
{
Fine = 200;
Mission::PlayHint("Driver fined for a missing tail light. You've earned 200 credits!");
}
else if (Chance == 3)
{
Fine = 600;
Mission::PlayHint("Driver fined for failure to use a seatbelt. You've earned 600 credits!");
}

i apologize for asking it here, but how do i add the chase command to the game, im using project reality lights and it of course isnt made for LA MOD v1.9 so how do i add it in?

Thanks, do you mind if I add these changes to the mod?

Well its been awhile since I got a speeding ticket, and the last one I got was BS, but thats another story. I cant speak for LA, but here the system is set up something like this:

1-60 MPH over speed limits is like $75

60-120 MPH over is like $120 and mandatory Defensive Driving.

Something along that lines.

Well its been awhile since I got a speeding ticket, and the last one I got was BS, but thats another story. I cant speak for LA, but here the system is set up something like this:

1-60 MPH over speed limits is like $75

60-120 MPH over is like $120 and mandatory Defensive Driving.

Something along that lines.

I need to move where you live because the last ticket I got was for 15 MPH over the limit and it was $175

Haha, yeah. I noticed I did that too while playing it one day. I fixed it in my version but was more interested if anyone would catch the typo on here. -gives billyfromhill a cookie.-

Yeah, I really don't think realistic prices will be of any benefit. I mean... We could set tiers like... "Speeding in a School Zone" or "Speeding in a Construction Zone" both of which carry pretty hefty fines (double) where I live.