Chris3281

Post your recent call

I wish this would have been a recent call:

Waiting at the intersection. Both roads have turn lanes in every direction, and one is more or less a divided highway with a grass median. Speed limit is about 45-50 depending on which road your on. Light turns green for me. Im 3rd in line I think. Out of nowhere some idiot comes flying into the intersection, makes a right turn from the right traffic lane completely cutting off oncoming traffic and traffic in the right turn lane. Very risky move and hes headed into some curvy road construction.

Sad thing is a Sheriff turned the same way he did just about 15 seconds or so before. :(

Columbus Fire, Tones, Medic 119, Engine 16, EMS 11, Polaris Mall, 1500 Polaris Parkway, Cardiac Arrest, Medic 119, Engine 16, EMS 11, Polaris Mall, 1500 Polaris Parkway, Cardiac Arrest, Cross of I-71 and Sancus Bvld, Respond on 9 Delta.

Columbus FIre, this is Medic 119

119 go, Sir Medic 119 is just clearing Riverside ED is there a closer unit you can put on that arrest?

Sir, what is your eta? Approx. 15 min, sir. You are my closest unit.

Medic 119 responding code 3 to 1500 Polaris Parkway, do you have a business name?

That will be in macy's, there is an off duty paramedic on scene currently working the patient.

Medic 119 Copies.

Medic 119 to Engine 16, EMS 11 what are you etas?

Engine 16, Medic 119 we are gettig on 71 right now, so 15-20,

EMS 12, Columbus I just cleared the attempt on lakewood I will take that run for EMS 11. EMS 11 coies cancelled in quarters.

EMS 12, Medic 119 we are at I270 and 315 will we beat you in there?

Medic 119 I am at Corprate Exchange Dr. and Clevland Ave, Yes you will be frist in.

My partners at this point are going about 100 in a 65.

Medic 119 on scene found the pateint.

Columbus Fie, Medic 119 We have an arrest.

I start compressions on this patient while the off duty medic hooks up our ekg one of my partners is getting the epi ready, and the ICM is getting a line on this patient. Patient is i V-fib, shocked 3 time and successfully cardioverted, Ran the patient code 3 Riverside ER, where he later died.

I'll keep track of and tell you about my dad's calls on here. He's a volunteer firefighter at BP in Whiting.

*Pager tones* "BP Fire Dept., respond to an oder leak at Tank 714. Be on standby." He had to go, but it sucks cause he was really tired. :(

lol that reminds me...theres one maintenance guy in particular here who is really cool. So I always talk to him a bunch when he comes out to fix something. Anyways we were talking and he got a page in the early morning hours as it was his turn to be the emergence maintenance guy who is on call. So he calls the number back, and this girl says she thinks she smells natural gas. So he heads out to the apartment and as he is in the hallway walking up to the apt and he immediately smells a strong odor of garlic. Now any time they get a gas leak call they have to check it out per guidelines set by corporate. So he goes checks it out and tell her its nothing. Shes still worried, and he explains that these apts do not run any gas appliances! Still she insists that he stay. So he stays for like 20 mins, and when he tries to leave, she again insists he stay.

Now come one, how brain dead must you be not to realize it cant be a gas leak if there's no gas on the property.

lol that reminds me...theres one maintenance guy in particular here who is really cool. So I always talk to him a bunch when he comes out to fix something. Anyways we were talking and he got a page in the early morning hours as it was his turn to be the emergence maintenance guy who is on call. So he calls the number back, and this girl says she thinks she smells natural gas. So he heads out to the apartment and as he is in the hallway walking up to the apt and he immediately smells a strong odor of garlic. Now any time they get a gas leak call they have to check it out per guidelines set by corporate. So he goes checks it out and tell her its nothing. Shes still worried, and he explains that these apts do not run any gas appliances! Still she insists that he stay. So he stays for like 20 mins, and when he tries to leave, she again insists he stay.

Now come one, how brain dead must you be not to realize it cant be a gas leak if there's no gas on the property.

Dumb Blonde. :P

Dumb Blonde. :P

lol musta been.

Not a recent call, but just came to mind for some reason...so the old man was driving and he ended up having a heart attack,stroke,seizure, something along that line...well I guess if you cant make it to the hospital..the next best thing would be the AMR office. Well..he stopped in the AMR office alright....he kinda drove through the front wall of the building lol!

http://www.14wfie.com/Global/story.asp?S=12004311

Its been nuts here this week. Where do I start?

Well first things first i guess. Family Dispute between mom and son. Son takes off before cops show up. Cops find son, call his dad. Dad meets them at a nearby mall. Officers take father and soon to mother house so son can get his crap. One officer inside with son and dad. One outside with mom. Dad goes in to bathroom, comes out with a rifle or shotgun i forget. Anyways he puts it in the "lowered ready position" and so obviously the cop draws his gun..que stand off. So now the Dad turns the gun on himself, places gun under chin. Pulls the trigger. Nothing! So finally cops get him to sit down and when he closes his eyes to wipe sweat off his forehead, cops jump him get the gun away. Everything ended good thankfully.

Now what else, apparently there was a fight with about 30 people outside of a gas station.

A man was clocked at 100+ MPH on the interstate right past a State Trooper. Trooper lights him up, decides its not safe to pursue, and backs off. Minuets later dispatch puts out a report of motorcycle parts on the interstate called in by a passer by. Guy rode a ditch for 200+ yards before hitting a sewer line or soemthing, and is now in critical condition. Reports of obvious head trauma and labored breathing on scene.

A woman was struck by a stray bullet on a rural section of highway. Police,Fire,EMS show up and hear more gun fire. Apparently a person was target shooting despite there not being a gun range or anything more then a tree line to stop the bullet. Um theres been alot of other things this week I cant recall.

I guess the cops got called on me since I am on post moderation lol, on a serious note..

Turns out the deal with the gun involved a woman who was the other kindergarten teacher at my grade school. Shes been missing for two days since the incident.

Not local but LMAO!

http://www.14wfie.com/global/story.asp?s=13100512

Single Vehicle accident down the road - 4 Rapid response ambulances - 2 Commodores, 2 Foresters, 2 patient transport ambulances - Mercedes Sprinters, 2 Urban Pumpers and Rescue- Merc Ategos. Unknown condition of all inside the vehicle.

Edit: And 3 cop cars - Hilux paddy wagon, Toyota Aurion (Camry V6) and Kluger (Highlander?)