danny96

move with directional lights

Guest madforce
you can move with the lights on in em3 idk about em4 try when the car is driving turn them on

They will auto turn off once the car begins moving. the only time I've seen them stay on is if you reposition the unit and it only moves slightly. Ordering the unit to drive any distance other than an extremely small measure will turn them off. I'm sure it's possible, but it would have to be something a bit different then the current, or unlinked with the redirect function they have if it's purely for visual purposes. I'm not sure I'd like having them stay on and then redirecting any car the unit passes unless i remember to turn it off. However, I do see it often when actual real world units have then activated while mobile...

The command creates an invisible officer behind the car who starts redirecting traffic. When you move the car without deactivating that command the invisible officer stays behind and keeps redirecting traffic and worse, blocks other units. So I suggest you do not even try to alter the script before you also start complaining that it does not work.

Like other people, I also do not see a reason to redirect the traffic while the car is moving (?). All emergency vehicles already drive faster than civilian cars. Each time an emergency vehicles passes a car, you want that car to get redirected? That will CERTAINLY cause problems with the oncoming traffic on the other lane(s). There is no such thing as a smart AI in this game. vehicles just start blocking each other...

Looks like you haven't really thought about this.

I remember someone posting a video on youtube about how the CHP does a serpentine maneuver with the directional bar on and basically the unit weaves across all lanes and slows down traffic, usually because of high density traffic, or a construction zone.

Its called Round Robin; Its to slow down traffic and to alert drivers that there is a pursuit ahead, or a serious accident.

I did have a question the flood lights how do u move them? it says their directional.

The vehicles with spotlights like the USAR truck, do not move. You would have to move the truck if you need the lighting positioned differently. The only flood lights you can easily control are the hand held ones the engineer uses. You can rotate it by clicking the circular arrows in the control panel.

The vehicles with spotlights like the USAR truck, do not move. You would have to move the truck if you need the lighting positioned differently. The only flood lights you can easily control are the hand held ones the engineer uses. You can rotate it by clicking the circular arrows in the control panel.

cool thanks