OFFICER DAN

Windows Vista

Anyone tried Vista yet and if you have, did you get EM games to run or not?

I have older versions of it and registered for beta 2 but MS gave me severeal keys all not working.

Got RC1 now so going to try and see if any of the keys work with that :excl: Will let you know if get it to work and if can run any of the EM games plus the FD games as well :)

Here's hoping that they will work on Vista as know what chance there would be for getting a patch from 16T :P

Got it installed and running, waiting for sound drivers to be released, EM3 runs fine from current installation but hangs on exit as does EM4. EM4 however doesn't run comes up with error which is weird. Would have thought with it being newer would run fine, will instal in vista and see how it runs, need sound to test properly.

Love vista so far:D

Guest oscarmode

I installed Vista and it caused me a whole world of trouble! EM3 wouldn't run...I installed a new driver from NVIDIA and all seems ok on the basic level, however the sound effects don't work (installed latest vista Realtek HD driver). Also patch 3 (the German langauge one) won't install what so ever. I have sort of given up :-( was a great game on XP while it lasted, especially with LA MOD!

Intel Core Duo 2.13

1GB Ram

NVIDIA 7600GT

There would be a way to install the patch, its just we would need to find a way to extract all files from the patches then instead of running the install you would need to copy the files in the directory and addition the registry entrys manualy

Guest oscarmode

It starts up now fine and runs fine without patches or mods but the in game sound(ie emergency personnel dont say 'on the scene', 'ok', 'going there' etc), furthermore when in game it cuts when cars have accidents or the incident escalates further there is no sound :( it's so annoying, why won't it work, I even ran it with windows capability wizard and no still doesn't work :( like I said in my above post I installed the latest NVIDIA driver for vista plus Realtek HD audio driver. Please help me!!!

Thanks anyone who can help!

Intel Core duo 2.13

1 GB Ram

NVIDIA 7600GT

Guest Angelstorm

I had the same problems with Vista, and especially with the LAMod it would crash every 5mins on playing freeplay.

a friend of mine helped me out with EM4 and Vista and the headache it was causing me.

Ok what you need to do is go into the properties section of EM4 launcher and you should see the Compatibility section and you can either run the game in the mode it last played it or if it is ticked then take it out and run it in Vista which i did and i haven`t had any problems since I unticked the box and started up the game!

So you could try that to see if it works or not

Guest oscarmode

Thanks for that Angelstorm however I'm trying to run E3 rather than E4 on Vista! Is it the same do you know!? I just can't work it out!

Please help if you can! Cheers

Thanks for that Angelstorm however I'm trying to run E3 rather than E4 on Vista! Is it the same do you know!? I just can't work it out!

Please help if you can! Cheers

Try out what she sayd and let us know if it worked ;)

Guest oscarmode
Try out what she sayd and let us know if it worked ;)

No didn't work, I don't understand you get the injured people making noises, you get the emergency vehicels with their sirens and all sound effects (wind, rain, thunder etc) but no 'ok then' 'going there' 'on my way' from the personnel.

On from that patch 3 doesn't install, which I thought might help the sound, I'm the kind of person that follows the readme to the last word however I clear my registry with TNT fix and click setup for the install and Vista says the install shield has stopped responding and that's it won't install any further.

It must be the Realtek HD Audio Driver but it's the latest one. Perhaps it's not meant to work for me :(

Any further input would be very helpful, many thanks

Guest oscarmode
Is it possible to run an installer so the patch 3 setup in a compatibility mode? For example xp?

Yay I've sorted it, I re-installed my audio driver and in game sound works now!! Furthermore I don't think patch 3 from the website is working properly. I ended up downloading it from elsewhere with Hoppah's instructions of how to go about doing it and it installed fine!

Just downloading LA Mod now, this hopefully proves EM3 runs with VISTA!!!! Wo Hooo! Thank you everyone for your help

Yay I've sorted it, I re-installed my audio driver and in game sound works now!! Furthermore I don't think patch 3 from the website is working properly. I ended up downloading it from elsewhere with Hoppah's instructions of how to go about doing it and it installed fine!

Just downloading LA Mod now, this hopefully proves EM3 runs with VISTA!!!! Wo Hooo! Thank you everyone for your help

Maybe let us know whats the problem with patch 3? Where you downloaded it? This would help others with the same problem

Guest oscarmode
Maybe let us know whats the problem with patch 3? Where you downloaded it? This would help others with the same problem

Yeah no worries, well I downloaded the patch off emergency 3 downloads, opened it up did the TNT Reg thing (deleting registry), then ran the setup, this is where the trouble was, the installer just wouldn't run, it stopped responding and just crashed everytime with windows Vista trying to look for a solution to the problem (can never find one!). Anyway I searched the web for patch 3 and came across gameshell.com and found the patch, it's shown on this link here:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_11751.shtml

Then just click download under any of the country headings.

I then followed Hoppah's instructions on the readme with the config file, again had issues with this, you go in to change the langauge from German to English and while trying and save it an error message shows saying can not save C:Programs/Sixtons entertainment etc. So I went 'file' 'save as' and saved the notepad on my desktop. All I did was then cut that file and place it under the Emergency 3 folder and when it asked do I want to replace exisiting config file, you click yes.....job done, then download the amazing LA MOD again from the E3 downloads section!

Hope this helps others using Vista, any problems just add a reply and I'll try and help!

I would but I tried to uninstall it and got an error so I went to the folder and deleted it.It still shows up its in stalled and I can`t install/uninstall. em3 installed and works fine no trouble at all.I didn`t need to do anything to it except install the patches.

Vista Users (includes me) The OS is rather buggy and does not play nice with games what so ever to begin with, but here are some general "rules" to go by to keep the thing from ruining your day (I love my old games they are good time killers).

DO NOT Install SP1 yet, it's performance enhancement is not worth the bugs and glitches it has in it, I had to go so far as to RESTORE my pc just to be able to use the net!

When I had SP1, E3 played (with glitches, crashes, and failure to close when I hit exit and NO EDITOR!) fresh install, patched, did not matter it still behaved the same. Since I restored to defaults and have no problems running the game, patched the game fine, and I can use the editor:)

ALWAYS run older games or games from smaller manufactuers in compatibility mode I believe the admin of the site already went over this topic but it's an important one since Vista does not play nice with most software provided PRIOR to it, ms should have thought more about all the people who like their software more than their os:)

If the games/programs run without alterations, leave them be:) there is no sense in hurting yourself by trying to get the latest drivers and whatnot without ensuring that you at least have a restore point (hard copy) you can return to should an updated driver hurt your machine in some way that you do not desire. Back in the day I had a Nvidia card that I made that mistake with, everything worked fine Except one new game I just bought, so I did what should have been a good idea and updated the drivers, supprised I was when Nadda worked, not even the game that "needed" the new drivers, they were just bum drivers. It happens.

Unless it is a security issue I tend to leave my Configurations alone or if I absolutely need them (Vista's Auto Update can bite you on this one).

The security features FIGHT old software (since most software from back in the day or lesser-known developers) either have unrecognized security certificates or none at all it will place them under scrutiny non-stop. It is not so bad for a game which does not need to access certain files.

Program Files IS under protection by default! Unless it is authorized as an administrator or a trusted provider it cannot touch ANY file in Program Files anymore, while a good security feature it kills people who like to mod their games since most of the important files are kept with the game. Overkill IMO but there are two ways around this, either install to a different location that is not going to Read-Only it's self or remove Read-Only from the File(s) in their respective properties.

Legal Notice (yeah I have to I don't want to hear anyone yelling at me blaming me for problems) I'm trying to help.

This information is placed AS IS, the author is not liable for any damages being physical or intellectual (if any) resulting from using any of the above suggestions. The information above is open to anyone who wishes to use it under the condition that they understand that it is their property (Physical and Intellectual) that they are openly and knowningly adjusting and they choose to take the potential risk(s), if any in doing so.

Sorry had to do it, these are all run of the mill things that should not put you at any real danger security wise as long as you trust the program(s) and understand that "cracks" and "hacks" and programs of the like may or may not be secure and permitting them open access to certain areas could be potentially damaging if they are bad (occasionally this happens).

Hope this helps the rest of my suffering brethren under the servitude of an Operating System supplied at gun-point on most if not all new machines.