Grim_Wizard

How good is this Vcard

Do you play any games or stream HD? If not, you probably won't need an upgrade. If you do want to upgrade, look and see what kind of expansion slots your computer has and what kind they are. If you have a PCI Express x16 slot you'll have the most options to upgrade the video card. If you only have PCI slots or a AGP slot you can still upgrade but you don't have as many options.

Download CPU-Z and run it. Under the motherboard tab look and see what chipset you have and post it here.

Also download GPU-Z and run it. While on the the first tab click the little camera button in hte upper right hand corner and upload the pic here.

Those two free programs tell you everything about your CPU and GPU (video card) respectively. If you provide me with that info I will be able to help you quicker, better and more efficiently. Download and run them (there's nothing to install) and report back here what I told you above.

Do you by chance know what the wattage of your power supply is? Most video cards require a certain amount of watts and amps in order to run the card.

Is your computer a laptop or a desktop? If it's a desktop you'll have to open it up and see what expansion slots you have.

Here's a good link that breaks down all the video cards on the market by performance.

here is info for your graphics card

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel945g/

it wouldnt hurt to upgrade to a dedicated video card, but in order for us to help you, we would need to find out what motherboard you have, and whether it has AGP or PCI-E x16 card slots

or, tell us who made your computer and what model it is

I believe this is his motherboard based on his CPU-Z screenshot. Apparently he does have a PCI Express x16 slot.

The GTX 260 Core 216 (55nm) is the best bang-for-the-buck card on the market. I use the EVGA version (link) and I really like it. It requires a 550 watt power supply. Newegg.com routinely has EVGA GTX 260 refurbs for $130 or so. The only downside is that you only get a 90 day warranty from EVGA on refurbs. Depending on your CPU you could experience some bottlenecking with this card.

If you want something cheaper consider an EVGA 9600 GT/GSO or 9800 GT. They require less power and are less expensive too.

If you haven't had a chance to look at this link I would highly recommend you do so. It breaks down all the video cards on the market by perfromance and labels the card with the best value .

Intel cards are IGP cards :)

IPG stands for Integrated graphics processor

And I finally found someone sharing my statement about IGP cards and laptops since those have IGP cards too

Integrated graphics solutions, or shared graphics solutions are graphics processors that utilize a portion of a computer's system RAM rather than dedicated graphics memory. Computers with integrated graphics account for 90% of all PC shipments[6]. These solutions are cheaper to implement than dedicated graphics solutions, but are less capable. Historically, integrated solutions were often considered unfit to play 3D games or run graphically intensive programs such as Adobe Flash[citation needed]. (Examples of such IGPs would be offerings from SiS and VIA circa 2004.)[7] However, today's integrated solutions such as the Intel's GMA X4500HD (Intel G45 chipset), AMD's Radeon HD 3200 (AMD 780G chipset) and NVIDIA's GeForce 8200 (NVIDIA nForce 730a) are more than capable of handling 2D graphics from Adobe Flash or low stress 3D graphics[8]. However, most integrated graphics still struggle with high-end video games. Chips like the Nvidia GeForce 9400M in Apple's new MacBook and MacBook Pro and AMD's Radeon HD 3300 (AMD 790GX) have improved performance, but still lag behind dedicated graphics cards.

By Wikipedia

Well I have a better Video card in a computer that got it's motherboard damaged I'll try and get it out. Thanks for your help.

Best thing is is that they have one at best buy on sale for $89.99 thank you all for your help.

I wouldn't advise trying to removing integrated graphics from a motherboard, chances are it won't work.