heyjoojoo

Unable to buy equipment in game...

For some reason, every time to change some settings in the freeplay file, the ability to buy more firetrucks, police cars, or anything else becomes disabled. I cant ever buy more stuff.

So, when I reinstalled the backed up file hoping that everything will be fine, I still cant buy anything. I was before. I've already reinstalled the game. Any suggestions?

EM4

Yes he did, look carefully at his post.

Fearing that there was a problem with the copy, I went ahead and bought a downloaded copy from Direct2 Drive and reinstalled that version.

I again made the changes in the fp_parameters file and it doesnt seem to like it. It turns off the ability to buy additional units.

I also cant change anything in the freeplaybase.xml file but that makes all of the units unavailable. I can't access any of them. So, I'm not sure what's going on. I changed the files mentioned in the instructions on the website but I'm not sure whats going on.

Kareem

Well, just to test, in the freeplaybase file, I only changed one of the ambulance count settings to "10" instead of the default number of 4. And that's all it took.

As for the fp-parametersendless file, I followed all suggestions on the instructions here in this site. And that's when it turns off the ability to buy stuff.

:(

That's weird, either you are messing something up and not realizing, which could be the problem, we all do that once in a while...

OR

There is something already screwy we don't know of..

I think I got it now. When I was opening the .xml file, it was opening as a Dreamweaver CS4 file and so I was editting it in Dreamweaver thinking that that was okay. Apparently not. So, I used Notepad and all seemed to be fine thus far.

I have a question regarding game play: I've noticed that the only time that the units respond with the siren (and lights) is if they're already out on patrol. I was hoping that the siren would also be turned on when I call them from the menu. Their lights come on but no siren when they're called from the main menu.