sniped222

London Mod (V1.3 RELEASED)

Amazing mod. Been watching it constantly for a long time now...........kinda obsessed :blush::popcorn::schreiben: lol

For those people that keep asking if things are going to be included, without sounding too horrible, the first page does show a lot of vehciles already. Mintcakes posts are just updates and showing whats been recently included :)

willa078

Just looked at the new screen shots (wow) and noticed the hydrant in the image and made me think that it would be cool to have a UK style hydrant. ie a yellow plate on the ground that when a firefighter connects a hose, it changes to a standpipe.

This link shows everything you would need to know about UK hydrants: Clicky

Standpipe

Of course its just a suggestion.

So when will this be released?

I kid, I kid! Don't ban me. <_<

Can't believe I didn't check this thread out before :gruebel: The pics look great, nice work :)

As for the standpipes (thanks for posting that btw e34p, didn't know what they were called and I'm trying to translate a mod where they're used), the Wegberg mod which was just released uses them, and I think I've seen them before somewhere, so it's definitely is possible. Though more of a long term thing for a future release.

Again, nice work so far, looking forward to trying it out :D

Sweet, this mod just gets better and better! Is the shield on the Sprinter going to to be able to come down? Would be great for riots, also the hand shields, are you going to make the full body shield?

http://www.arnold-ppe.com/riotshieldam2.asp

Great work so far guys!

Looks great! Will you do some TSG units of City of London Police?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cd/CityPolice_Personnel_Carrier.jpg

Yeah I asked about City of London Police. They said unlikey but maybe after the release. The Sprinter will be in it though.

thought it would be more realistic, given that on scene of fire the men will know excatly their roles? so surely quick deployment is good, as they'd know they have to grab the hoses and plug in :)

I think it depends on your preference as opposed to realism.

Strictly speaking, you are right, everyone on scene would know what to do.

On the other hand, I feel like it misses the point of the game, you are meant to be in control of all the units, and if you have a basic fire it takes only 5 clicks to complete a mission;

1. Select FF truck

2. Send to location

3. Rapid deployment

4. Rapid (un)deployment

5. HQ

I much prefer sending out a truck for example, and only using two hoses, while the 2 other FF'S either move peds or grab SCBA & extinguishers to run inside with.

Like i say, i think its all preference.

(I don't know if you have tried editing/modding, but you could always extract the script etc from Hoppahs mod once this is out and place it on your own so you have the option.

I'm sure if you made a thread for it someone would give you a step by step on how to do it anyway)

I use rapid deployment some of the time and I find it really useful when there's lots of big things going on and you don't have to time to do it manually.

But when there's not much going on I like to do it manually. :)

So it might as well be in the mod and those who like to use it can, and those who don't can do it their way.