Guest Angelstorm

ooo what a mess !

Guest Angelstorm

Yes its me again the woman that doesn`t have a clue on pc`s but has great knowledge on the human body!

I have been playing EM3 on my laptop fine but the AC cable has got a crack in it and it is not working anymore so I decided to install the game on my pc. I tried to play it before i install all the patches and mods to the game but it didnt let me enter the virtual world of the game, came up with "EM£.EXE" is missing from the disks that i have already used :6:

So i decided to download the patches and mods and when i tried to install the patch 3 in german mode following the instructions it was doing its thing untill it asked for a disk and i just looked at the PC and almost cried i pressed the cancel button or what i thought the cancel button and continued on my journey but still no action on the pc for me :( so i think ill have uninstall the game and reinstall it and try again with the patches and mods but i am :mad22: so i think i might just go for a rest :happy:

Yes its me again the woman that doesn`t have a clue on pc`s but has great knowledge on the human body!

I have been playing EM3 on my laptop fine but the AC cable has got a crack in it and it is not working anymore so I decided to install the game on my pc. I tried to play it before i install all the patches and mods to the game but it didnt let me enter the virtual world of the game, came up with "EM£.EXE" is missing from the disks that i have already used :6:

So i decided to download the patches and mods and when i tried to install the patch 3 in german mode following the instructions it was doing its thing untill it asked for a disk and i just looked at the PC and almost cried i pressed the cancel button or what i thought the cancel button and continued on my journey but still no action on the pc for me :( so i think ill have uninstall the game and reinstall it and try again with the patches and mods but i am :mad22: so i think i might just go for a rest :happy:

lol lol lol :Oo => install emergency 3 => install all the patches => install the config file => dont work? => update your drivers => start => might work :D

I Cant seem to get past Patch 3, it keeps asking me C:\DOCUME~1\ve\LOCALS~1\Temp\bye18E.tmp\Disk1\

any ideas?

Did you download Emergency 3 from the internet somewhere?

If you are installing the patch it might ask for Disk 1 which is what I think is happening. Simply input the disk and see if it will proceed.

If you downloaded it then I'm sorry I can't help as it might mean downloading it again and that'll just confuse me :P

Guest Angelstorm
Did you download Emergency 3 from the internet somewhere?

If you are installing the patch it might ask for Disk 1 which is what I think is happening. Simply input the disk and see if it will proceed.

If you downloaded it then I'm sorry I can't help as it might mean downloading it again and that'll just confuse me :P

I have the disks for the game :stupid: and i did try and load disk one in when it asked but no joy there,

What if i bypass patch 1 and 2 and go st8 to 3 will that work?

Guest Angelstorm

Well after a good night sleep, i tried one last time with the disks, just at the end of installing the game and it asks for disk 1 again, the screen goes white and thats the last of installation of the game, but the link appears on my desktop to start the game so i try and it still asks for em3.exe.

have you removed any files from the game?

Before you psot something read the topic... she can't get it installed :dry:

While the instalaltion, make sure you arent doing anything other, install it, go take some coffe, come back, when it asks for cd 2 put it in, go away take some coffe, come back when it asks for cd 1 wait 1-2 minutes, then put cd 1 back in and wait, then it should give you finished install, had the same issue once :)

Guest Angelstorm
Before you psot something read the topic... she can't get it installed :dry:

While the instalaltion, make sure you arent doing anything other, install it, go take some coffe, come back, when it asks for cd 2 put it in, go away take some coffe, come back when it asks for cd 1 wait 1-2 minutes, then put cd 1 back in and wait, then it should give you finished install, had the same issue once :)

ooo Stan is the Hero, ill try it but i dont like Coffee so ill have Tea instead :)

If what Stan said doesnt work try going into the Control Panel to see if any Emergency 3 is installed. If something is listed uninstall it. If there is nothing there then go to your harddrive (usually My Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files > sixteen tons entertainment > Emergency 3

If there is an Emergency 3 folder I'd recommend deleting it and it's contents. Ideally you should try and remove it via the Control Panel but if it's not listed then it's not installed properly so you should remove it manually. I would then restart the machine and try to install again.

I've not had this problem before so I'm just thinking of possible ways.

Guest Angelstorm

I think i have found a little bit of the problem, i havent installed the patches or the mods and i opened the emergency file and i noticed that the em3.cfg file is still in note pad .... so im thinking of deleting everything that deals with EM3

but thanks for the advice all

Guest Angelstorm

Well this has been the 2nd Day of trying to get EM3 Working on this PC. We have tried everything and anything to fix this problem the only thing that is left to try is uninstall windows and im not going to do that :)

So i wish to thank everyone who has tried to help me in one way or the other but its not good EM3 does not want to play on my pc *Hugs*

A crack in a cable may be easy to fix. :sporty: Just have to locate it... (may not be as easy)

Try to bend the cable from "start" to "end" and look for signs of power at your laptop, and the crack should be there! Open the cable and make the connection. Use some tape to make sure the + and - cable doesnt touch and wrap It up.

:1046275747_biggthumpup:

Guest Angelstorm
A crack in a cable may be easy to fix. :sporty: Just have to locate it... (may not be as easy)

Try to bend the cable from "start" to "end" and look for signs of power at your laptop, and the crack should be there! Open the cable and make the connection. Use some tape to make sure the + and - cable doesnt touch and wrap It up.

:1046275747_biggthumpup:

Yes we found the problem it was at the start of the box don`t know what its called.

but what is a shock my new cable turned up today! :)

I Cant seem to get past Patch 3, it keeps asking me C:\DOCUME~1\ve\LOCALS~1\Temp\bye18E.tmp\Disk1\

any ideas?

this problem can be sorted by pressing the browsing button in german and going to the patch 3 file that u downloaded and making it take from the crack file this will sort out your problem as i had the same and it works fine