jsutton

Taylorville, Illinois Private Mod

Ok, I have decided to make myself a Private Mod. Its of Taylorville, IL in which is where I live. Currently here is a rough view of what I am doing as of now.

Fire Department (Taylorville Fire Department):

Fire Chief - Jeep Cherokee

Squad 1 - Rescue Squad - Used for Medical, Accidents, Water Rescues and more.

Squad 2 - Brush Truck / Rescue Squad - Used for backup medical and brush fires. Also can haul trailers / boat.

Engine 2 - Backup Pumper - Used if more water is needed or need more firefighters.

Engine 3 - Backup Pumper - Used for Medical, Accidents, Fires, Rescues, and more.

Ladder 804 - Ladder Truck - Used for Mutual Aid, High Rise fires, and if more water power is needed.

Pickup 1 - Pickup Truck - Hauls the boat / trailers and has several uses.

Emergency Service:

Dunn's Ambulance - 2008 Ford E350 - ALS - Responds to all calls where EMS is needed. Primary ambulance service for surrounding towns.

Sutton Ambulance - Unknown Ford E350 - ALS - Responds to all calls where EMS is needed. Primary ambulance service for surrounding towns.

These ambulance services rotate throughout the day and night. There is about 6 towns / villages that surround Taylorville that these ambulance services provide coverage over. The other 3 towns that have their own ambulance service are BLS and 7 times out of 10 call for ALS to meet them half way. Dunn's and Sutton serve as ALS transports if needed. There is also another town in our county that has a hospital which they have 3 ambulances - 1 is BLS and the other 2 are transports to wherever they are needed to go. Hope this makes sense if not, I can explain better.

Police (Taylorville Police Department):

Dodge Charger

Dodge Durango

Sheriff (Christian County Sheriff's Department):

Sheriff - Dodge Charger (Unmarked)

Chief Deputy - Ford Crown Vic (Unmarked)

Patrol Car - Ford Crown Vic

Transport Unit to and from Sheriff's office - Ford Explorer - No Markings, just lights.

Courthouse Transport - Dodge Caravan

I think that's all the units I am going to do. I also think that is all the Sheriff's Dept. has importance.

Need Modeled

Need Reskin

Needs touch up

Complete

Update #1:

Its almost done but here is Dunn's Ambulance. I would like to remodel it sometime (make my own model) from a 1994 Ford E350 to a 2008 Ford E350. I need to put ambulance across the top window in the front as well. But other than that, let me know what you think.

DunnsAmbulanceReskin1.jpg

Original models is down below. I could not get a right side picture (with the side doors) due to they had to run code 3 to another town 10 minutes away for a medical. But I did find this on Youtube with the right side and I based it off that. You will see it at 0:04 and you will also find the Taylorville Fire-Rescue and Dunn's Ambulance running code 3 for just a few seconds.

post-3209-1247753940_thumb.jpg

post-3209-1247753953_thumb.jpg

post-3209-1247754190_thumb.jpg

you have to know how to model stuff to model the ambu and add this

but i think Vintage Ambulance have the top

May I ask, why do you have to be able to model to reskin a vehicle? If you do, it should be put in the Reskinning a vehicle topic. The Ambulance does have a top but I don't know where the lines are etc. to place the lights and the zig zags.

You dont have to model anything. Just reskin the Vintage Ambulance. Look at the skin for it, the dds file, and seriously, it can not be that hard to figure out where the lines go. The hard part will be drawing them. You may be able to do a copy and paste job by cutting the pic you posted and pasting it on the vintage ambo.

You dont have to model anything. Just reskin the Vintage Ambulance. Look at the skin for it, the dds file, and seriously, it can not be that hard to figure out where the lines go. The hard part will be drawing them. You may be able to do a copy and paste job by cutting the pic you posted and pasting it on the vintage ambo.

Thanks, that is what I thought. I will begin to work on it here soon to see what it looks like.

i would use the lines around as a guide. anything over will not be on the reskined vehicle.

- Jon

Will anything over cause the reskinned vehicle problems? I went over in some places why I ask.

Once I finish this one, I also have to make a different ambulance service in town that is same vehicle. Don't have pictures yet of it which I need to go do.

I'm making a personal mod of the town. I think I have to have all the fire trucks modeled and the police cars modeled which I can't do yet. So if there is anyone who wishes to volunteer to model them for me, which I have the pictures, that would be great.

Were you allowed to release it? :s

I'm not sure if you need permission for changed skins. Just for skins in combination with the model because the model is a lot more work to create. But I'm sure Hoppah wil clarify this soon.

Guest [SAP]Francis
I'm not sure if you need permission for changed skins. Just for skins in combination with the model because the model is a lot more work to create. But I'm sure Hoppah wil clarify this soon.

That's clearly what he forbids:

Ofcourse he can release it. He made something new and didn't use any of my maps.

As long he doesn't include any reskinned units it's fine. :)

What did I release?

Now I think about it, everybody that has posted their reskins have not posted textures, they posted screenshots in editor and game. I better take that texture off and get a in game picture.

Update #2:

Taylorville Police

I need to touch up the unit number and In Memory decal on the right and left side by the front fender. Lights also need to be worked on. I know the model needs a little work but that shouldn't take to long.

TaylorvillePoliceReskin1.jpg

post-3209-1248409284_thumb.jpg

post-3209-1248409302_thumb.jpg

post-3209-1248409322_thumb.jpg

Well, I had some bad luck friday night. Storm passed through and lightning struck our phone and cable line. The bolt went from the phone line to the router and from the router to my computer and ended at the video card and completely fried it. So I have a new one on order and will be here Tuesday. I don't think it affected my motherboard but I haven't messed with it other than taking out the video card. Had to go buy a new phone and couple more electronics that connect to TV due to it. Phone company was nice enough to come out on a Sunday morning to fix the internet and phone.

So until I get my other computer back, I will be at a stand still.

Guest broyer24

hey, I'm from Virden Illinois... I didn't even think to make a custom mod but def. cool what you have here so far. Looking forward to having a LOCAL mod!

hey, I'm from Virden Illinois... I didn't even think to make a custom mod but def. cool what you have here so far. Looking forward to having a LOCAL mod!

I can't release the files unless I do my own modeling. I am just reskinning Hoppah's vehicles from LA Mod. Read the copyright topic on more about this.