Hoppah

Replacing a vehicle in one of the fire stations

So, would it just be easier to put in the HAZMAT? If so, could it be done that way? I just want FS2 to kind of look like my Station down the street.

Ok, how bout this. In the tutorial I gave Chris earlier; follow that to replace the USAR with the HES. After doing that, try replacing the Hazmat with the USAR. Chris got it to work just from those directions I gave him so just give it a shot and tell me how it goes.

Hey Jsutton,

One of two things. First I want to personally thank you for all the work you do for people like me and others who wish to make changes to the mods but don't know how to do it. It is really appreciated.

Second. I have been having a problem trying to change out personnel in the trucks. I have read the what I am suppose to be looking for but seem to be lost.

Any chance you could give me a bit of help with this one?

Hey Jsutton,

One of two things. First I want to personally thank you for all the work you do for people like me and others who wish to make changes to the mods but don't know how to do it. It is really appreciated.

Second. I have been having a problem trying to change out personnel in the trucks. I have read the what I am suppose to be looking for but seem to be lost.

Any chance you could give me a bit of help with this one?

In the LAFireStation and LAFireStationStart scripts, you will find this code under all units. It tells the game which personnel and how many will go to each unit when the alarm is sounded.

m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_NEWLIST, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 6, false);
m.PushActionWait(ACTION_APPEND, 0.5f);
m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 6, false);

This code is telling the game to send out 4 USARFF to the USAR. Now, if you want to just remove 2 of the FF so there are only 2 USARFF running out, all you have to do is delete the 4 bottom lines to look like this:

m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_NEWLIST, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 6, false);

If you want to add units to like 5 personnel running out then you will just have to do is copy the bottom 2 lines > hit enter > and paste the 2 lines so then you have 5 USARFF running out to the unit.

So now you know how to remove and add personnel, here is how you change personnel. The numbers in the first post show you what each number is such as 1 is paramedic and 2 is paramedic stretcher unit, and so on. That is what you replace the 6 with if you want a different personnel. If you want a FF Paramedic to run out, just simply delete the 6 and plug in a 1. Simple as that.

Thanks man,

I believe I have done something wrong though. I have switched the USRA out with the HES (following said post about 5th up) but every time I go to call it it keeps buying a USAR. I have walked through everything twice but can't seem to figure it out.

Whole different script, the Battalion or EMS Captain will not call the HES unless you script it to call the HES instead of the USAR. Until you replace the HAZMAT with the USAR, THEN it will no longer buy the USAR because it will be on the map.

Okay that's what I thought, I have gone through the Battalion and EMS script and changed everything that has USAR for HES but when I go to call it I get a error message.

I've tried messing with those scripts to and I do not know how to edit them to call out the HES instead of USAR because that's what I want to do also. I'll figure it out or come across a topic one day to help accomplish that.

When I uses the tutorial you gave to chris, my LA mod just gives a script error and stays on the loading mod screen. So, I did screw up my game... >.<

From that, you must of done something wrong in the LAFireStationStart script I'm guessing. I need to know what the error is in order to help you.

I got the error: (_LAFireStationStart8ef2e): Error: Unexpected EOF G_exec_statment()

Upload your script when possible and I may be able to point out the problem. Just let me know what vehicle you changed.

I still can't do it :nein:

I'm not sure what to say really. I mean, I did all I can really do besides doing it for everyone. I will try to come up with a short tutorial that is detailed but that's all much more I can do.

Since I am in the middle of major renovations, I can't currently upload the scripts, because I'm on my iPhone.. But, within the week, they should be up :D

EDIT: Looking on my computer, I found out that I somehow deleted my LA mod!!!!! :1046276372_bawling: So, yeah, I don't have the scripts..

i am not sure if there is a forum for this or not. but how do you change the personell in the vehicles at the start of the game and how do i keep spawning them when i rais the alarm for the station? i want to put 2 ffpm in the als engin and only one ffpm in the bls engin. can someone help me please. much appreciated.

@jsutton hey mate this was a message asking for help but i have now got the hazmat and mcu in fs1 thanks to abit of swapping and changing thank you for taking ur time to teach me and others who arent so good at scripting i feel like ive improved no end :)

Yea, it's sometimes a pain but practice makes it a little easier. That's how I progressed just a little bit more than beginner.

i am not sure if there is a forum for this or not. but how do you change the personell in the vehicles at the start of the game and how do i keep spawning them when i rais the alarm for the station? i want to put 2 ffpm in the als engin and only one ffpm in the bls engin. can someone help me please. much appreciated.

I believe I and maybe a couple more people have posted several times in this topic how to change staffing, replace vehicles, etc. Please take some time to read through the topic and if you cannot find it then post again.

Thanks.

Hi everybody! I like playing the LA Mod and with the advices here i decided to replace the USAR with the Water Tender an the HAZMAT Squad with the HES.

But after it does not work as well and just reading i decided to register and post:

The vehicle spawn correctly at the beginning of the freeplay, even the personel. Also when i alarm both vehicles via the BC they have the right crew.

But there also is the problem:

The BC calls both vehicles not from the stations, where thy wait to be dispatched. Everytime he buys a new HES and a new Water Tender from outsight the map. I test it many times, but this will still not work ho i want.

Maybe some of you guys can take a quick look at my BC- and the FireStationStart-Script? Did i forget something? I have also read the whole topic but found no solution, or didn't i see it? Thanks a lot.

Scripts_Mac.rar

Hi everybody! I like playing the LA Mod and with the advices here i decided to replace the USAR with the Water Tender an the HAZMAT Squad with the HES.

But after it does not work as well and just reading i decided to register and post:

The vehicle spawn correctly at the beginning of the freeplay, even the personel. Also when i alarm both vehicles via the BC they have the right crew.

But there also is the problem:

The BC calls both vehicles not from the stations, where thy wait to be dispatched. Everytime he buys a new HES and a new Water Tender from outsight the map. I test it many times, but this will still not work ho i want.

Maybe some of you guys can take a quick look at my BC- and the FireStationStart-Script? Did i forget something? I have also read the whole topic but found no solution, or didn't i see it? Thanks a lot.

Battalion script is a bit tricky so I haven't really got to mess with it much but I got the same thing when I just made those basic changes to it. Hopefully someone here has knowledge of it and will be able to assist you because I would sure like to add a command to the Battalion to call out the HES from my station.