puppysboy222

Roseville MN mod

Wrong computer. The lights will not work for some reason, so I pretty much prepared the model...And by the way, there was a brown police or sheriff or highway unit that I sa and can't find it. Any one know what it is (too tired to look right now).

Person or a car?

Well...I am trying to find pictures of the MAA ambulance or whatever the heck they're called so I can get some work done. No stations for the first version, even though I said so. Probably no updates for a while...Except I might get Rescue something done soon....

Well...I am trying to find pictures of the MAA ambulance or whatever the heck they're called so I can get some work done. No stations for the first version, even though I said so. Probably no updates for a while...Except I might get Rescue something done soon....

im looking for some pictures now.

edit: are you sure the ambulance exists? It might be easier to do a Allina ambulance.

Allina.jpg

Yeah, I'm sure. Minnesota Ambulance Assotiation. Look it up. It might be easier...

I did, I was on there site, it said something about representing the whole state wide ems services.

*blinks* I might be misunderstanding Puppyboys intent, but I'm a little confused here. To the members/creators of the MN mod, how personally familiar are you with the department and the area? Was it chosen just because you liked the name? Are you familiar with how the EMS system works in Minnesota, and Roseville in particular? Do you know the staffing on the apparatus, and what the different colors on the helmets designate for that department?

Also, you are aware that the MAA is a lobbying/political association and NOT an emergency response entity, right?

Having spent over 6 years in the Twin Cities and with the MN DNR, I'm curious and confused about some of the things I'm reading in this thread and the direction the mod is going.

*blinks* I might be misunderstanding Puppyboys intent, but I'm a little confused here. To the members/creators of the MN mod, how personally familiar are you with the department and the area? Was it chosen just because you liked the name? Are you familiar with how the EMS system works in Minnesota, and Roseville in particular? Do you know the staffing on the apparatus, and what the different colors on the helmets designate for that department?

Also, you are aware that the MAA is a lobbying/political association and NOT an emergency response entity, right?

Having spent over 6 years in the Twin Cities and with the MN DNR, I'm curious and confused about some of the things I'm reading in this thread and the direction the mod is going.

I lived in Alaska, but now in california so I'm not really familiar with Roseville MN's emergency services. I chose it because I wanted to make a section in the modding teams arrea, plus I wanted a backup mod incase the Roseville mod died.

Uhhhhhhhhh......No.

Okay, well. Then what do we need to fix?

I might use erfd's picture, though, since theres no pictures AT ALL Of these ambulances...Plenty of pictures of the fire scheme and police schemes, though. And did you say you lived in Minnesota, erfd? Is there any AMR services there (don't want to be an idiot and put it in there without knowing if AMR runs there)?

I lived in Alaska, but now in california so I'm not really familiar with Roseville MN's emergency services. I chose it because I wanted to make a section in the modding teams arrea, plus I wanted a backup mod incase the Roseville mod died.

Uhhhhhhhhh......No.

Okay, well. Then what do we need to fix?

I might use erfd's picture, though, since theres no pictures AT ALL Of these ambulances...Plenty of pictures of the fire scheme and police schemes, though. And did you say you lived in Minnesota, erfd? Is there any AMR services there (don't want to be an idiot and put it in there without knowing if AMR runs there)?

There is an old saying that you can't build a model of the Taj Mahal unless you've seen the Taj Mahal. Having said that, I'm going to let ERFD step in and see if he can provide you with the information one needs to accomplish the lofty goals you've set for yourself before I answer the "need to fix" question.

I havent seen any AMR ambulances here, but I dont know there might, Ill look into it. I'm in the north area of the Twin Cities. We have our own ambulance service here, but the people around use Allina, Gold Cross, and a few others.

edit: I cant find any thing involving AMR in Minnesota, do you know Mike?

I havent seen any AMR ambulances here, but I dont know there might, Ill look into it. I'm in the north area of the Twin Cities. We have our own ambulance service here, but the people around use Allina, Gold Cross, and a few others.

edit: I cant find any thing involving AMR in Minnesota, do you know Mike?

Sigh. Let me give everyone some advice, the trick to making a GOOD mod is knowing what you're modding. Hoppah was able to create the LA Mod because there are so many great online resources detailing the LAFD from top to bottom. A place no one has ever heard of like Roseville, MN won't have that type of info available. You wont be able to find full walk around detail shots of the apparatus, info on the lights, color schemes, patterns, sirens used. You wont find info on the staffing and responses for the law enforcement, ems or fire. You're not going to find info on the particulars of each depts uniforms or tactics. There is just so much that goes into making a mod of a specific area vs just a general mod of any town usa. Its not just being able to put stickers on the side of a crown vic, ya know?

But if you still want to put the time and effort in, your best source of info that I can find will be:

http://www.cityofroseville.com/DocumentView.aspx?DID=1368

http://www.tcmfd.com/roseville/index.html

http://www.cityofroseville.com/index.aspx?NID=934

its not much, certainly not enough to make a good mod with but it's a start. You basically have a single station Fire dept with 2 glorified storage lockers for the paid-call staff. The question is, can vollies in that county respond lights and sirens in their POV. Do you know? I don't.

The medic units are not actually medic units but EMT-I's, and part of the fire department. There is no AMR in Ramsey County, just Alinas for all ALS and and transport.

For PD, you'd have to look into the Roseville PD. I have no idea how close they work with Ramsey Co Sheriff or the MN Dept of Public Safety (State troopers). I'm curious what the pierce rescue unit is since I can find no mention of it anywhere.

All in all, you have your work cut out for you. Good Luck!

Oh and just so you know, the turnout coats for Roseville are beige with pink stripes. Yep, honestly.. .Pink.

The medic units are not actually medic units but EMT-I's, and part of the fire department. There is no AMR in Ramsey County, just Alinas for all ALS and and transport.

They call ALS for all medical calls cause there is no ambulance on the department and all of Alinas rigs are staffed with only paramedics.

Sigh. Let me give everyone some advice, the trick to making a GOOD mod is knowing what you're modding. Hoppah was able to create the LA Mod because there are so many great online resources detailing the LAFD from top to bottom. A place no one has ever heard of like Roseville, MN won't have that type of info available. You wont be able to find full walk around detail shots of the apparatus, info on the lights, color schemes, patterns, sirens used. You wont find info on the staffing and responses for the law enforcement, ems or fire. You're not going to find info on the particulars of each depts uniforms or tactics. There is just so much that goes into making a mod of a specific area vs just a general mod of any town usa. Its not just being able to put stickers on the side of a crown vic, ya know?

But if you still want to put the time and effort in, your best source of info that I can find will be:

http://www.cityofroseville.com/DocumentView.aspx?DID=1368

http://www.tcmfd.com/roseville/index.html

http://www.cityofroseville.com/index.aspx?NID=934

its not much, certainly not enough to make a good mod with but it's a start. You basically have a single station Fire dept with 2 glorified storage lockers for the paid-call staff. The question is, can vollies in that county respond lights and sirens in their POV. Do you know? I don't.

For PD, you'd have to look into the Roseville PD. I have no idea how close they work with Ramsey Co Sheriff or the MN Dept of Public Safety (State troopers). I'm curious what the pierce rescue unit is since I can find no mention of it anywhere.

All in all, you have your work cut out for you. Good Luck!

Oh and just so you know, the turnout coats for Roseville are beige with pink stripes. Yep, honestly.. .Pink.

Well hey. The Roseville CA mod is kinda like this one. And we have the police and fire chiefs who can give us pictures and info on what sirens they use.

I will put the time and effort, and I will finish this mod.

Thanks. The second one will help for making a map texture.

Okay.

Alrighty.

I have pictures, and I don't think them working together matters. The Peirce Rescue unit? Isn't it an E-one Rescue truck?

Thanks!

Pink, eh?

UpdateSort of:

The Rescue Truck's skin should be done soon...Probably in about two hours or so (need to add Directional lights to a Roseville (CA) mod vehicle and test a mod)!

EDIT: Switching from Paint.NET to Paintshop Pro...

UpdateSort of:

The Rescue Truck's skin should be done soon...Probably in about two hours or so (need to add Directional lights to a Roseville (CA) mod vehicle and test a mod)!

EDIT: Switching from Paint.NET to Paintshop Pro...

Cool, hope to see some pictures soon.