Xplorer4x4

The Evansville Submod! - Updated Aug 16th - Engine 61 Done

The City of Evansville:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evansville,_Indiana

Initially the mod MAY draw alot from the LA Mod, but will contain some new features. As time progresses, I hope to include more major addition in terms of commands. The first release will most likely use the Deluxe LA Mod Map, but all the deluxe events will be removed to allow those of you with 911:FR and EM 4 to use it. I will most likely place all new events, and perhaps a few new buildings on the map to freshen it up a bit.

Please do not ask to be a beta tester. If I feel your qualified you will be contacted when the time comes.

Some things will be revealed as there finished, while other will be announced when the mod is finally released.

In the mod you will find:

Police:

Evansville Police Department

Evansville Airport Safety(Police)

Vanderburgh County Sheriff 's Department

Indiana State Police

Indiana Department of Natural Resources

Fire:

Fire Department 1 - 2-3 Pumpers,1 Quint, 1 Dive Rescue Unit, 1 Brush/Rescue Unit, 1-2 Battalion Chief

Fire Department 2 - 1 Pumper, 1 Rescue Pumper, 1 Quint, 1 Rescue Pick Up(HES), 1 Heavy Rescue(used for Dive Rescue,Secondary Hazmat,Extrication tools), 1 Battalion Chief

Fire Department 3 EVV Airport - Rescue 2 and Rescue 4.

Fire Department 4 Evansville Fire Department - Primary Hazmat

Department 1 and 2 will have there names revealed later.

EMS:

AMR Vintage - BLS Unit

AMR Box Style - ALS Unit

AMR Supervisor

Tec:

New Engineer Vehicle

New Crane - Maybe

Pontoon Bridge Layer - Hoppahs is about the most accurate imo, so his unit will likely be used.

New Tow Truck

If you can contribute any skills to the mod, please post here or PM me. Do not ask to be a beta tester!

Widen the tail on the wimpala, it looks a wee bit too far narrowed in for it's real life counterpart, otherwise they look perfectly fine (that is a model aspect that should be corrected).

The whole tail end?

I present Indiana State Police Crown Vic 1 - This will double as a slick top model and also a fully marked unit with an Arjent Light Bar.

ispcv1.jpg

I just realized I have to add the text to the windshield and a sort of v shape on the hood.

the rear of the impalas is more square in appearance especially around the bumper, but generally the whole rear is not angled like the picture is showing (well was)

\ / is how it looks right now and what you want to do is to straighten that part out a bit so it does not look like it's been pinched in so much, that is a model aspect though so your modeler if he wants to improve it, that would be what the wimpala needs, the vic is the vic, the new skin looks pretty good=) the decals are running perfectly on the doors.

Ahh I see what ya mean Mikey.

Here is the finished ISP(Indiana State Police) CV. Added the hood stripe, and touched up the color a bit. The blue had a little to much purple in it where as the hood was a direct cut and paste from a pic so i changed the side to match the hood a bit more. I also noticed I didnt get one door all the way on above, so i fixed that.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/2390/ispcv1.jpg

ispcv1.jpg

And 2 pics of the real unit for comparison:

http://img195.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=1322...465d9887974.jpg

Well I posted this awhile back. Never finished touching it up, probably tomorrow.

ShaneGreen and all of those that worked on the Vintage AMR gave me permission to use there AMR skin. It will likley have a small touch up which will put it back to a white roof as our AMRs do not have any markings on top, but otherwise it will be the same.

Ambulance wise you wont have much to choose from for transport. AMR Vintage and AMR Box Style. Sorry folks, but not every city can have 5 different types of ambulances :P None the less Vintage will be BLS and Box style will be ALS. In real life, AMR uses both styles for both BLS and ALS so for the games sake it was easier to split duties this way.

amrv2.jpg

Well thats the funny thing about the city, in some ways it seems like a big city, and other ways its a small town. Our downtown is horrible though. Tons of one way streets, and some even turn into 2 lane streets. One intersection actually has 2 one ways meet 2 two way street. Try figuring that out lol.

But yes I guess the best way to put it is I am trying to find just the right balance between having enough variety while also trying to present the challenge of emergency management in a small to midsize town. At the same time this presents a challenge because, for example, our police department doesnt have a copter, but I feel like certain events rely heavily on it. Plus if a mission patch is made, it will be needed for evacuation and such on some missions.

@randomperson, theres a few secrets like a few new twists on old functions, and I probably wont reveal pics/models of most of the fire apertures, so you will have to wait until the mod is done to see them.

@bama, the Impala was done by some one on another Emergency Fan Forum. I forgot the forum name, but it was posted here awhile back and the read me said it was free to use as long as credit was given. So credit is already in the read me for my mod. At the time of release it was still a "beta" model because it didnt have functional doors or trunk. There in the model, there just not detached to where the doors have there own v3o file.

Just a little more info.

Lights: The mod is going to come with somewhat realistic light patterns so that it wont be to harsh on older systems. On his own, Zootoo will release a submod with tons of lights. Think of it like the default LA Mod lights vs Tony's Light Pack by NewFoundKing.

Fire Station 1:

Bay1: Engine 6

Bay 2: Quint 6

Bay 3: Engine 61

Bay 4: Dive Rescue 6

Bay 5: Rescue(Brush) 7(Double Purpose)

Additional Parking:

Battalion Chief

Fire Station 2:

Bay 1: Engine 4

Bay 2: Rescue(Engine) 5

Bay 3: Rescue 7

Additional Parking:

Brush 6

Battalion Chief 2

Aside from the dive rescue(which is a reskin),and possibly Engine 61(might be a new model or might use part of a cab on one of the current engines) these will be all new models. There may be additional engines available in this release, or they might be in V1.1 or v2.

Aren't they Hoppah's models and these are reskins?

16 Reskins are planned at current but most of this is the cv being skinned over and over again. 3 of which are TEC vehicles which I hope Hoopah will look past as the bridge layer and crane are just reskins of the original game units anyways. Plus there are 21 new vehicle models pending. Due to the number of reskins, this is why the title reflects sub mod at current.

On top of the 21 new vehicles, there are plans for 2 new fire stations which will replace the LA Mod stations on the LA Mod maps, and then be carried over to the new map which puppysboy222 will be making later on. While I dont plan on any new functions being added I do hope to alter a few of the current scripts to function slightly different.

Rescue 7 should be up later. It's actually a double duty truck as it is both a rescue truck as well as a brush truck just as it is in real life. This truck will be similar to the HES in the LA Mod. On board this truck will be:

Axe

Chainsaw

EMT Bag

Fire Extinguisher

Flare

Traffic Cone

Fire Extinguisher

Jaws of Life

And the jump pad may be included as well.

Sorry there has been a lack of updates. My main modeler has up and disappeared. Hopefully I will knwo more on his situation later today. :-/

I have decided that I will show off a few pics of a few units to be included to pass the time.

First up is Rescue 7:

The truck is a 1992 Ford F-350 with a Warner Grass Rig body. It has a 250 gallon tank and can dispense 250 gallons per minute.

250gpm/250gal

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/5046/rescue7ds8067390.jpg

As I said this truck is a dual purpose brush truck and rescue truck. It also pulls the departments john boat for water rescues.

Next up is...

Dive Rescue 6:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8606/diverescue6.jpg

This unit is still in service but theres a similar Dive Rescue in service to that is a slightly modified box style ambo. Which one will make it in the Mod? Wait and see. ;) These vehicles are used for dive rescue(who would have guessed? :P) and water rescue as well. They can pull the boats at the stations or the Sea Doo Jet Skis. The units were chosen to allow divers to gear up while on the way to the scene.

Last one for now:

Rescue 8 - 2004 Dodge Durango 4x4

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5192/rescue8ds9251598.jpg

Here we go with the multipurpose vehicles again. :P This is the Battalion Chief's vehicle for starters. It doubles as a quick first responder medical aid unit. Guess what, yep, there a third purpose. Its also set up to pull the departments water rescue boat.

Enjoy the pics for now. :)