Guest Marc435

Arial re-skin question

Guest Marc435

Does anyone know why when I re-skin Hoppah's arial that it appears to "glow" in game? I reskinned the engines, ambulances, heavy equipment squad and all are working perfect. But when I reskin the Ladder truck it glows, or appears "white'ish" in game and in the editor. Any feedback would be appreciated. I searched for this and could not find anything.

Thanks

Guest Marc435
Might be a reflection setting. Open the editor, select the vehicle and see if 'AlphaReflections' is checked.

I unchecked the "AlphaReflections" and it fixed my problem with Arial truck. However, now my basket is invisible. I only see the basket outline. Any ideas anyone???

Thanks for your help guys!!

I have a feeling that it actively uses the alpha for the basket so what you'd need to do is to remove the alpha mask from the vehicle's body texture... just paint over it with white in alpha/mask editor in your paint app, save the alpha channel and close it out... re-enable that option and your vehicle should not have a reflection anymore, however the basket will still function (just do not touch the basket's alpha channel location).

I unchecked the "AlphaReflections" and it fixed my problem with Arial truck. However, now my basket is invisible. I only see the basket outline. Any ideas anyone???

Thanks for your help guys!!

Check "AlphaReflections" again. Now open the texture file and make the alpha channel black instead of white. Then save the file including the alpha channel.