theocd

Install Help

Hello,

It is has been so long since I have played Emergency 3 as i have EM4 but as I saw that it was to be quite a while until English mod cam out I wanted to go on the ones on EM3. I reinstalled my game (my computer had changed since i last played it) and downloaded the patch and then the mods. It didn't work. I have searched this forum and found nothing short of gobbledegook on how it works. Could someone explain in clear English:

1.) How I install the Game

2.) How I install the patch and where I put it.

3.) How I install a mod (e.g. West Midlands)

Many thanks,

The OC-D

[Adapted the title, help doesn't specify the subject. Greetz, PyroThijs

Hello,

It is has been so long since I have played Emergency 3 as i have EM4 but as I saw that it was to be quite a while until English mod cam out I wanted to go on the ones on EM3. I reinstalled my game (my computer had changed since i last played it) and downloaded the patch and then the mods. It didn't work. I have searched this forum and found nothing short of gobbledegook on how it works. Could someone explain in clear English:

1.) How I install the Game

2.) How I install the patch and where I put it.

3.) How I install a mod (e.g. West Midlands)

Many thanks,

The OC-D

1) Simply put the disc inside your cd-rom drive, open the drive using windows explorer, search for the setup.exe menu and double click it.

2) You only need to install patches if you have the UK version of the game. You can tell if you have the UK version or the US version by going to start --> programs --> [game manufacturer] --> Emergency 3. If you see the EM3 editor and the EM3 modinstaller there you do not need to install patches.

3) Same as for EM4, only you need to double click the .e3mod file after you've unzipped the mod package.

By the way: did you check out the FAQ section? I thought I wrote instructions on installing mods and patches there pretty clear. If not please let me know what I can improve about the instructions.

Thanks for the title change.

I couldn't find anything useful that i could use in the FAQ bit but it might just be me.

i have the UK version so i need patch 1.3 but where to i put it for it to work???

Finally when I unzip the file I double click on it and then do what?

Many thanks,

The OC-D

Thanks for the title change.

I couldn't find anything useful that i could use in the FAQ bit but it might just be me.

i have the UK version so i need patch 1.3 but where to i put it for it to work???

Finally when I unzip the file I double click on it and then do what?

Many thanks,

The OC-D

How to Install patch 3 (click)

After you've installed patch 3 you will have the modinstaller. If you double click the unzipped mod file (ending on .3mod) then the modinstaller will auto-install the mod for you. Couldn't be easier.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. It says in your readme

1:Now open the file folder called TNTfix and run the TNT-FIX.reg file, if you are asked to confirm the action click yes. Your computers registry will now be cleared (don't worry that's a good thing).

2: Now open the folder called SETUP and run the SETUP.exe file. NOTE: if this file won't run try running SETUP2.exe. This will install the German patch. So if you downloaded the German patch you're done after this has been installed. If you downloaded the UK version: don't worry this is supposed to happen

Neither of those folders exist in what i downloaded at all, anywhere. Where are they???

I downloaded the EM3 patch, I can tell because it has an EM3 file in it.

I unzipped it into the Emergency 3 folder an I have the following files.

Data (Folder)

Mods (Folder - empty)

Em3 (Game File)

Mod Installer (WYSIWYG)

em3.cfg (15KB .cfg file)???

vbase71.dll (vbase)???

vision71.dll (vision engine)

That is all.

The OC-D

I downloaded the EM3 patch, I can tell because it has an EM3 file in it.

I unzipped it into the Emergency 3 folder an I have the following files.

Data (Folder)

Mods (Folder - empty)

Em3 (Game File)

Mod Installer (WYSIWYG)

em3.cfg (15KB .cfg file)???

vbase71.dll (vbase)???

vision71.dll (vision engine)

That is all.

The OC-D

Did you download the patch_13_uk.zip?

When I choose the "Unzipp here" option a folder called Patch 3 and a read me file appear. Everything works perfectly. So I think you are doing something wrong.

By the way: if no files appear how can you know that the patch contains an EM3 file?

Did you download the patch_13_uk.zip?

When I choose the "Unzipp here" option a folder called Patch 3 and a read me file appear. Everything works perfectly. So I think you are doing something wrong.

By the way: if no files appear how can you know that the patch contains an EM3 file?

I downloaded the patch that is specified by Stan in the download centre as UK Patch 1.3. When I click Extract all (which unzips the file) it says where do you want to put it. I say in the EM3 folder. Now, I get a readme which has some instructions on it and a folder. in the folder are the forementioned files.

I am sure it contains an EM3 file because it appears to contain a copy of the game.

The OC-D

I downloaded the patch that is specified by Stan in the download centre as UK Patch 1.3. When I click Extract all (which unzips the file) it says where do you want to put it. I say in the EM3 folder. Now, I get a readme which has some instructions on it and a folder. in the folder are the forementioned files.

I am sure it contains an EM3 file because it appears to contain a copy of the game.

The OC-D

It isn't a copy of the game, that is just the original contents of the EM3 folder, that aren't the unzipped files.

I double checked today: only a folder named 'patch 3' and a read me/install guide are in the patch.

Try not to use the 'extract all option'. Just save the patch in the EM3 folder. A file should now be there called: patch_13_uk.zip

Use the 'extract here' option to extract the two files from the patch. Inside the patch 3 folder are the files mentioned in the FAQ.