bsbllthirteen

Southern Dutchess Private Mod

I am making a bunch of reskins of Hoppahs models for my own mod and i was just wondering what you guys think of them

I am making........

Beacon-

Ambulance 1

Ambulance 2

Engine 1

engine 2

Ladder 1

Batalion 1

Rescue1

trailor

Police car 1

Police car 2

Police suv 1

Newburgh-

Ambulance 3

Engine 3

brush truck

Police car 3

Police car 4

Dog search and rescue

Fishkill-

Ambulance 4

HAZMAT

USFS truck

Police car 1

Police car 2

police van

Rombout-

crane

heavy equipment truck

engine 4

New York State-

Bomb squad

NYS highway patrol

NYS SWAT heavy rescue

NYS SWAT rescue 1

NYS SWAT rescue 2

NYS SWAT rescue 3

Mass casualty

Buildings-

Firestation 1

Firestation 2

Police station1

Hospital 1

Green=done

Orange=working on it

Red=not started

yea i noe i wish i could but you gotta respect Hoppah's hard work i guess and thanks

There's nothing wrong with reskinning. Unfortunately, tho, you can't pawn it off as a submod. I see both sides. Hoppah's worked VERY hard for the past how many years to get his mod to the amazing shape it's in now, and wants the credit he rightfully deserves. Plus, by allowing reskins if new models are included, he's encouraging a fine art. On the other hand, many people don't have the talent to re-skin vehicles, and can get tired of playing with L.A. units. I'm from Canada, near Buffalo, NY, and I've never been to LA. I want to, but I'd personally like to see a more Northern or East coast mod. Nothing against LA or anything. But you're doing a GREAT job so far. Keep it up. :)

Edit: By the way, :welcome: and congratulations on being promoted to Lieutenant

There's nothing wrong with reskinning. Unfortunately, tho, you can't pawn it off as a submod. I see both sides. Hoppah's worked VERY hard for the past how many years to get his mod to the amazing shape it's in now, and wants the credit he rightfully deserves. Plus, by allowing reskins if new models are included, he's encouraging a fine art. On the other hand, many people don't have the talent to re-skin vehicles, and can get tired of playing with L.A. units. I'm from Canada, near Buffalo, NY, and I've never been to LA. I want to, but I'd personally like to see a more Northern or East coast mod. Nothing against LA or anything. But you're doing a GREAT job so far. Keep it up. :)

O wow i didnt realize that thanks lol i should have the batalion cheif pic up sometime tomarrow

That's what my NYC sub-modification is for. TYou should check it out sometime :)

I still do not have permission to release it yet but I am hoping to get it someday.

That's what my NYC sub-modification is for. TYou should check it out sometime :)

I still do not have permission to release it yet but I am hoping to get it someday.

Oh, believe me, I've checked it out sooo many times :wub: I keep looking for updates as to when, if it'll be released, and the new models you're puttin out. :gut: You're doin some GREAT work :):blush:

Guest MonkeySquasher

As above, and posted in the PI mod thread.. I really don't see the point of all of this. I understand that you want to see your hometown trucks in game, and simulate your area on your PC. But just reskinning doesn't do anything.. Now you just have YOUR trucks in LA. lol

That's why I love the idea of Bama's NYC mod. It's a popular area, and everything is different.. The building and city types, the population, the way emergency services in general are done. To do a NYC mod isn't just some reskins.. It needs some new models, and a new map, and probably lots of complicated script changes.

Sure, I have a ton of ideas for my Buffalo NY mod, but it's not just reskins. Whether or not I use Hoppah's models, I still require a completely different map, with completely different scripts that I'll have to wrrite, in order for things to happen like they do in Buffalo.

It's not that I'm running any of you down. Some of these reskins are AWESOME. And like I said, I understand you wanting your own trucks in the mod.. I want that too. =) But it's getting to where multiple people are just skinning.. and that's not a submod, that's a cosmetic change. W00d's map took him HOURS upon HOURS I'm sure.. Building, testing, rebuilding, retesting, swearing a lot, then modifying and testing again... That's a submod. lol

here is the batalion chief and the NYS bomb squad

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=167tter&s=5

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=29njce8&s=5

and one question i went to reskin the water tender and the back and part of the front stayed the original color. does anyone know how to color that it. Here is a pic of it

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=11jp44g&s=5

i had the same problem. You know there is a program called Fraps thatyou can download for ingame and editor pictures.

yea but when i did it it didnt seem to work it messed up my editor so i had to reinstall the whole game and did you solve the problem??

and one question i went to reskin the water tender and the back and part of the front stayed the original color. does anyone know how to color that it. Here is a pic of it

First of all, use Fraps. Please.

http://www.fraps.com/download.php

It is much more clear pictures.

Second,

There is a file called "water_tender_2.dds". This contains the front and back textures of the truck.

in the editor i cant find watertender 2 i only see it in my .dds converter all that iis in the editor is water tender1 and watertender door and watertender wheel

1. RENAME [do this in the directory without the editor] "water_tender_2.dds" to "water_tender_2.v3o".

2. Go into the editor, and "unpack" the file you just renamed to [v3o].

3. Exit the editor, go to the directory and name the file back to "water_tender_2.dds".

4. Convert to JPEG using DDS Converter 2 or whatever.

5. EDIT.

6. When done editing, convert back to [dds] format.

7. Copy/move and replace the old file with the new.

I have to explain this alot, just please do some research on the site before asking all these questions. I dont know how many times I have posted this SAME "tutorial". :wall:

in the editor i cant find watertender 2 i only see it in my .dds converter all that iis in the editor is water tender1 and watertender door and watertender wheel

Follow bamas instructions. You wont find any thing about the dds file in the editor because all the info to combine the 2 dds is tucked inside the v3o files.

1. RENAME [do this in the directory without the editor] "water_tender_2.dds" to "water_tender_2.v3o".

2. Go into the editor, and "unpack" the file you just renamed to [v3o].

3. Exit the editor, go to the directory and name the file back to "water_tender_2.dds".

4. Convert to JPEG using DDS Converter 2 or whatever.

5. EDIT.

6. When done editing, convert back to [dds] format.

7. Copy/move and replace the old file with the new.

I have to explain this alot, just please do some research on the site before asking all these questions. I dont know how many times I have posted this SAME "tutorial". :wall:

i know your getting frustrated with this but i have one more question for you about this i promise

how do i get to the directory???

sry for bothering you :)

^What do you mean exactly? Theres 2 dds files for the water tender: water_tender.dds and water_tender2.dds both of these are for the same truck, so you have to edit both to fully repaint the engine.

i cant load the second file for some reason i can find it but cant open it do you know y