Xplorer4x4

Identify This SWAT Truck?

Wow lives in the same city all my life(24 years) you would think by now I would have seen it all. Well I was doing research for my mod, and about to give up as from the looks of it many of our SWAT use Crown Vics identical to those on patrol 24/7. Then i finally found this video. So what kinda of SWAT truck is this shown in the video?

http://www.courierpress.com/videos/detail/...nds-peacefully/

The video isn't that great for identifying, but from what I can tell it looks alot like the armoured bank trucks, kinda something along these lines

truck.JPG

That one is from Springfield Township I don't know what make it is, but the video doesn't help a lot, the chief has his head in the way most of the time :P

I'll do some more seraching now see if I can find anything else on these kinda trucks, one that might match your SWAT truck

Guest Taylor

It's an old bank truck, it's an international. Like Texas_DPS said, it's the same way around here. However, they might call out the Incident Command and the Truck if there's a robbery with someone held up inside so they can approach it a little safer. If SWAT didn't patrol, the department is throwing money out.

That's almost the same case as in Dallas, Tx. Most patrol men on the SWAT team are on regular patrol until a call comes in then they show up in a CV and suite up. There are the exceptions like raids and standoffs but that's about it.

- Jon

Really? In Dallas, being a major city and all, I figured they would have a dedicated swat team and response unit. Of course since we are the largest city between Indianapolis(3 hours),Louisville(about 2.5/3 hours), Nashville(2.5 hours), and St Louis(3 hours), you would think our swat team may be a bit more advanced then what is seems to be.

looks like the one posted above, but, it also seems to eb an older model, more like a school bus use to be:

http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/thisweekine...3/schoolbus.jpg

http://www.justih.org/photopost/data/510/m...nversion_01.jpg

The year is around an 1982

The front ends look VERY similar. Obviously the chasis would be shorter, it'd be armoured, etc.

Did that help at all?

I see similarities but I am pretty sure its an International Bank Car.

It's an old bank truck, it's an international. Like Texas_DPS said, it's the same way around here. However, they might call out the Incident Command and the Truck if there's a robbery with someone held up inside so they can approach it a little safer. If SWAT didn't patrol, the department is throwing money out.

We have an incident command truck actually but the only time its ever used is during the Fall Festival. Other ten that I have never seen it any where.