Guest ENG12INE

unpacking v30 files to be able to reskin vehicles

Guest ENG12INE

yea for some reason my converter says it can't load the file (can't make it a photoshop file) but it works for some cars...I found some kind of forum a little bit ago and they said hoppah told em you have to unlock the file....then someone tried, said it worked...but it wasn't unlocking, it was unpacking...so I followed the steps...went to the game editor, opened the la mod file, and opened up the thing that says unpack files, and went to models, and then the ladder truck file, hit unpack but it didn't do anything and I can't figure out why that guy said it worked like that but it won't work for me...??? lol

Guest ENG12INE

Ok I'm sorry i'm still pretty new to using this forum so please forgive me...um this is an edit!?!? ok pyro....i'm gonna sound stupid lol and i'm sorry, I went to my files...found the dds of aerial ladder in la mod 1.8...so I right clicked the file...it brought up the ability to change the name but not the file from dds to v3o...I have vista if that helps at all, it only lets me change the name aerial ladder, nothing else...

Edited by ENG12INE

ok im tryin it.....but for some reason my dds converter doesn't have the ability to convert TOo .V3O....and I don't know of any other converters or what not that can convert to that...i've tried searching and I can't find anything...anyone have some advice? any programs that can convert dds. to .v3o???????????????????? please!!!!!!!!!

You can't use the dds converter to convert to .V3O, you need to do that manually: right click the file --> change name --> replace .dds with .V3O --> press enter.

Then follow the steps Xplorer described you.

By the way: posts merged (again): please use the EDIT button to write additonal information in your post. Double posting isn't allowed here.

Edited by pyrothijs

Guest ENG12INE

Ok I'm sorry i'm still pretty new to using this forum so please forgive me...um this is an edit!?!? ok pyro....i'm gonna sound stupid lol and i'm sorry, I went to my files...found the dds of aerial ladder in la mod 1.8...so I right clicked the file...it brought up the ability to change the name but not the file from dds to v3o...I have vista if that helps at all, it only lets me change the name aerial ladder, nothing else...

Firstcopy the file to another folder (my documents or something).

Then in windows explorer go to Tools --> Options --> select the display tab --> deselect "hide extensions for known filetypes" and press OK

You should be able to alter the extension now.

Guest ENG12INE

ok so I found the way to change it to dds now...that thing you were talking about was in the control panel...so I changed it, got into the editor...and selected to unpack the one I changed, got no confirmation like everybody said I wouldn't get...so I got out of the editor...changed it back to dds....went into the dds converter to convert it to photoshop file but it still said the conversion was failed....so I renamed it to v3o again...got back into the editor and tried it again, then it said it was already unpacked??? still not making any sense why it won't work...

ok excuse me i'm not tryin to make things "hard" for you or him...no need to be mean...................................

BTW, whan I change v3o to dds, I use the convertor. I type the name in, the v3o is in the list, click on it, and convert.

Guest ENG12INE
BTW, whan I change v3o to dds, I use the convertor. I type the name in, the v3o is in the list, click on it, and convert.

hey what is the name of the converter you use? because my converter doesn't have v3o in it...and btw....when I finished painting my ambulance, it said some of the vector files could not be changed......and I still cannot get my fire department and some of the other vehicles to work...

ok excuse me i'm not tryin to make things "hard" for you or him...no need to be mean...................................

Its not "hard" it just a waste of our time when you have 2 topics asking the same question and getting the same response twice. We are nice enough to help you and you waste our time.

hey what is the name of the converter you use? because my converter doesn't have v3o in it...and btw....when I finished painting my ambulance, it said some of the vector files could not be changed......and I still cannot get my fire department and some of the other vehicles to work...

The same converter your already using. Your not following the directions. Edit the DDS file by converting it to png using DDS Converter. Paint it. Convert it back to DDS and leave it alone.

You should check the tutorial section here. Long story short you need to use the editor to create a e4p file. Oh and if your changing the names of the dds files you also need to open the v3o and change a line of code in there to point to the new dds file.

Guest ENG12INE
Its not "hard" it just a waste of our time when you have 2 topics asking the same question and getting the same response twice. We are nice enough to help you and you waste our time.

The same converter your already using. Your not following the directions. Edit the DDS file by converting it to png using DDS Converter. Paint it. Convert it back to DDS and leave it alone.

You should check the tutorial section here. Long story short you need to use the editor to create a e4p file. Oh and if your changing the names of the dds files you also need to open the v3o and change a line of code in there to point to the new dds file.

ok my apologies...