Stan

I present...

UPDATE:

What do you think about Gigabyte? I took a MA790FXT-UD5P home today from my internship. I am thinking about exchanging my board to that one.

Currently:

1 x AMD AM3 Phenom II 955 BOX 4 x 3,2Ghz 6144Kb Cache (CPU)

1 x Asus M4A79T Deluxe AM3 (Motherbord)

1 x DDR3 OCZ 3x2048MB Kit PC10667U 1333Mhz 7-7-7-20 Platinum (RAM)

2 x SATA 500GB 7200rpm 32MB Cache Maxtor STM3500320AS (HDD) Windows/Data

1 x SATA 1,0TB (1000GB) 7200RPM 32MB Cache Western Digital WD1001FALS (HDD) Games

1 x SATA 1,0TB (1000GB) 5400RPM 32MB Cache Samsung HD103SI EcoGreen (HDD) Downloads

1 x ATI HD4890 1024MB Asus EAH4890/HTDI 2 x DVI, TV (Graphic Card)

1 x PSU BeQuiet! StraightPower E6-700Watt ATX2.2(Power Supply)

1 x Blu-Ray Disc Writer LG GGW-H20L SATA black Retail with Software & DB-R Disc (Blu Ray Writer)

1 x DVD Writer Samsung SH-S223F 22x/22x black bulk (DVD Writer)

1 x CPU Cooler Coolermaster V8 (CPU Cooler)

1 x Front 3,5"CardReader 50 in 1 Black, Silver, White ( Card Reader)

The reason for the update is: capable of using PC12800 DDR3 ram, will update to that after the mainboard update and the 5 more SATA2 connectors :)

Take 1 out, trow it in the bin.

Replace for 2 x Nvidia EN9800GT TOP/HD from asus.(in SLI mode offcourse)

Will give you a better (and cheaper) solition for 1 ATI HD4890 1gig.

If my 4890 is going to be exchanged then I am going for a HD5870. And well I am not talking about replacing it at this time since I am waiting on higher availability of the HD5870 card to get it in a price drop.

And to answer your question: Cheaper? You don't see my prices :)

UPDATE:

What do you think about Gigabyte? I took a MA790FXT-UD5P home today from my internship. I am thinking about exchanging my board to that one.

The reason for the update is: capable of using PC12800 DDR3 ram, will update to that after the mainboard update and the 5 more SATA2 connectors :)

I've never used Gigabyte products. In my experience those more budget companies (MSI, Gigabyte, Zotec, and to a certain extent Asus), have all sorts of gimmicky features and utilities that "supposedly" do the overclocking and everything else for you. I really prefer boards from EVGA, XFX and BFG that don't have all of those features. I just had a not so great experience with a P55 board from MSI. Their automatic overclocking feature somehow got turned on so it clocked my i5 processor to 3.5 GHz. I kept getting BSODs whenever I would try to install the OS. The overclocking feature obiously didn't work because the overclock wasn't stable.

If you do keep the board and get new RAM, keep in mind that with DDR3 lower timings are usually better then faster speed.

Well I am going from a 1333 CL9 to a 1600 CL7 if I change motherboard.

And about the brand:

For me Asus has always been good, I had one board die due to short circuit on an usb connector...

Gigabyte is recommended to my by colleagues

Zottac well... I don't know, it's not that it's bad but it's not to known to me

XFX... huge shit on RMA. We see a lot of graphic cards come back from them for example with the message Tested, working and if we retest them they are still dead. This often results in finally crediting the goods to us.

EVGA and BFG ain't really sold much here it is that I know their names but for the rest... products = none

But I've got to admit that I don't buy the boards for OCing. This is the first shit I disable... I only bought the Asus because it has always been reliable to me . And well the Gigabyte board has 10 SATA2 connectors and that's what I need :)

If my 4890 is going to be exchanged then I am going for a HD5870. And well I am not talking about replacing it at this time since I am waiting on higher availability of the HD5870 card to get it in a price drop.

And to answer your question: Cheaper? You don't see my prices :)

You realy need to get it cheap if you want to beat the 150/160€ for 2x 9800's

Well price of graphic cards are curently rising sinc ethe RAM prices exploded but to answear your question:

- I already own the 4890 TOP so why should I get another card?

- The Asus EN9800GT TOP is EOL = End Of Life

EDIT:

One shop in Holland still has it on stock, the price is 141,74 for each card. That means 283,48 for both... a 4890 costs 184,00

Well I am going from a 1333 CL9 to a 1600 CL7 if I change motherboard.

And about the brand:

For me Asus has always been good, I had one board die due to short circuit on an usb connector...

Gigabyte is recommended to my by colleagues

Zottac well... I don't know, it's not that it's bad but it's not to known to me

XFX... huge shit on RMA. We see a lot of graphic cards come back from them for example with the message Tested, working and if we retest them they are still dead. This often results in finally crediting the goods to us.

EVGA and BFG ain't really sold much here it is that I know their names but for the rest... products = none

But I've got to admit that I don't buy the boards for OCing. This is the first shit I disable... I only bought the Asus because it has always been reliable to me . And well the Gigabyte board has 10 SATA2 connectors and that's what I need :)

I'm sure some boards from Gigabyte and MSI work perfectly fine and with no problems. If you are all ready to swap boards, then go for it.

If you want more SATA connectors a PCIe RAID card would be better than a whole new board. Not to mention then you're channeling all the data through the northbridge rather than the southbridge. The southbride can only handle so much.

Well price of graphic cards are curently rising sinc ethe RAM prices exploded but to answear your question:

- I already own the 4890 TOP so why should I get another card?

- The Asus EN9800GT TOP is EOL = End Of Life

EDIT:

One shop in Holland still has it on stock, the price is 141,74 for each card. That means 283,48 for both... a 4890 costs 184,00

End of life or not.

I got 2 cards in my system.

Play the most heavy 3d games in Full force with no lag or slow down.

and you need to look a LOT better then just shops my friend:

512mb version:

http://www.alternate.nl/html/product/Grafi...mp;l3=GeForce+9

1024mb version:

End of life or not.

I got 2 cards in my system.

Play the most heavy 3d games in Full force with no lag or slow down.

and you need to look a LOT better then just shops my friend:

512mb version:

1024mb version:

P.S.

http://www.alternate.nl/html/categoryListi...t=6&bfbox=1

Pick an compare with 2x nvidia cards.

you will see what i mean;-)

I work in a German computer shop and have direct access to stock lists of all retailers from Germany so look better?. The fact Alternate still sells it means they still have it on stock and are able to supply it (Because the Firm behind Alternate is a big IT distributor?).

I play all games on full HDR, all on High and DirectX10 mode too without lag, hangs or fps droops and wow I can still ALT TAB and go back and go on when I want again without it hanging... Does that mean something?

Fine you got two of them but I don't need them since I am more then happy with my HD4890 TOP and I am really not going to buy an EOL card...

And to close this discussion, I already OWN above rig and since I don't need a new card (beside a 5870) I will not get an other card. So back tot opic, this was going about a mainboard and not anything else

P.S.

http://www.alternate.nl/html/categoryListi...t=6&bfbox=1

Pick an compare with 2x nvidia cards.

you will see what i mean;-)

Again, who the fuck needs two cards? I really don't need two cards

I work in a German computer shop and have direct access to stock lists of all retailers from Germany so look better?. The fact Alternate still sells it means they still have it on stock and are able to supply it (Because the Firm behind Alternate is a big IT distributor?).

I play all games on full HDR, all on High and DirectX10 mode too without lag, hangs or fps droops and wow I can still ALT TAB and go back and go on when I want again without it hanging... Does that mean something?

Fine you got two of them but I don't need them since I am more then happy with my HD4890 TOP and I am really not going to buy an EOL card...

And to close this discussion, I already OWN above rig and since I don't need a new card (beside a 5870) I will not get an other card. So back tot opic, this was going about a mainboard and not anything else

Again, who the fuck needs two cards? I really don't need two cards

Whow dude, did not know you would get pissed at this.

geez nevermind

Reason for 2 card is something you will find out when game company's are going to use Direct X 11

And you need a bigger data transfer port than a 256bit interface because otherwise it will lag.

Furter more i need it for work(i develop and test software for security hardware.

You need lots of mem, GPU and tranfer rate.

Furthermore it was just suggestion

Sorry that i mis red the topic then.

But that's no reason to bitch at some-1 for giving a tip.

Reason for 2 card is something you will find out when game company's are going to use Direct X 11

And you need a bigger data transfer port than a 256bit interface because otherwise it will lag.

Where did you get that from? proves? Tests proving the HD5870 will not be able to do this without lag?

Furter more i need it for work(i develop and test software for security hardware.

You need lots of mem, GPU and tranfer rate.

See... everybody uses his rig for different types. So my question, do you really feel the need of two cards for gaming? If you already play at 90fps, will you really bother of having 120? That is the point I wanted to let you know

But that's no reason to bitch at some-1 for giving a tip.

If you call that bitching, okey I did :)

Where did you get that from? proves? Tests proving the HD5870 will not be able to do this without lag?

See... everybody uses his rig for different types. So my question, do you really feel the need of two cards for gaming? If you already play at 90fps, will you really bother of having 120? That is the point I wanted to let you know

If you call that bitching, okey I did :)

1. Direct X 11 is going to have the ability for game designers to put in real time images.

(As i work with those images(camera/video/pictures on a daily base i know how much data transfer you would need to get a good output of FPS)

2. Look on youtube and Typ in something like Direct X 11, Or The miracle of Direct X 11, Flight with Direct X 11. you will get lots of results.

(And you can alway look on the Microsoft page; Since Direct X 11 is integrated into Windows© 7)

3. It does not matter on FPS, it has to do with your BIT TRANSFER rate on a 256bit rate you simply have to little free lines to sent all the data to you MB(ERGO) your CPU and MEM tot process it.

With my 2 cards, i get a 512Bit transfer rate, but still i need to reboot give or take every 3 to 4 hours (on the count that my Bit rate is floated by the data it receives from video images.

Direct X 11, Promises that they remodeled the system in a way that that is less likely to happen. so a transfer rate of 512BIT should be enough for the time being.

(To give you an idea of the data rate:When i read out the data of ONE camera(1 Angele 45degrees) for 10minutes.

My bit transfer gets give or take 65gigabit per second to read.)

(when you got games, with real time imaging,(that need to be generated, adapted, filled, sent, receive, move, do stuff)

You can bed you ass that it will be much higher(since some of the games to day already go to the 30/45gigabit per second

A 256bit rate is still good, but will be slower very fast.

Another reason why some gamers take a SLI set up.

Is simply because you can take 2 low budget cards, link them up.

and improve(if you got the right card and settings on MB) them up to almost 60%.

So you get more bytes and rates for the buck.

4. If you got like me 3 screens on one PC, there really is no other good solution to hook them on(don't come talking to me about splitters converters, streamers etc, we tried that already)

(but that is just i think for the special use of your graphic card).

UPDATE:

Currently:

1 x AMD AM3 Phenom II 955 BOX 4 x 3,2Ghz 6144Kb Cache (CPU)

1 x Asus M4A79T Deluxe AM3 (Motherbord)

1 x DDR3 OCZ 3x2048MB Kit PC10667U 1333Mhz 7-7-7-20 Platinum (RAM)

2 x SATA 500GB 7200rpm 32MB Cache Maxtor STM3500320AS (HDD) Windows/Data

1 x SATA 1,0TB (1000GB) 7200RPM 32MB Cache Western Digital WD1001FALS (HDD) Games

1 x SATA 1,0TB (1000GB) 5400RPM 32MB Cache Samsung HD103SI EcoGreen (HDD) Downloads

1 x PSU BeQuiet! StraightPower E6-700Watt ATX2.2(Power Supply)

1 x Blu-Ray Disc Writer LG GGW-H20L SATA black Retail with Software & DB-R Disc (Blu Ray Writer)

1 x DVD Writer Samsung SH-S223F 22x/22x black bulk (DVD Writer)

1 x CPU Cooler Coolermaster V8 (CPU Cooler)

1 x Front 3,5"CardReader 50 in 1 Black, Silver, White ( Card Reader)

My ASUS dies on me after countless, "I told you so." I grabbed a MSI P55-GD65 and its great. Unlike the ASUS P5N-D POS it had plenty of room for dual GPUs if needed, the GPUs do not block the SATA ports. The only bad thing is the auto timing for my G-Skill Ripjaws did not work. Had to manually set them for a stable environment. Running a Core i7-860 on it.

Take 1 out, trow it in the bin.

Replace for 2 x Nvidia EN9800GT TOP/HD from asus.(in SLI mode offcourse)

Will give you a better (and cheaper) solition for 1 ATI HD4890 1gig.

A 4890 is only slightly slower then a 9800GT Crossfire. But if your looking at bits, why not get another 4890 in his case and have 512 bits with alot more performance?

I've never used Gigabyte products. In my experience those more budget companies (MSI, Gigabyte, Zotec, and to a certain extent Asus), have all sorts of gimmicky features and utilities that "supposedly" do the overclocking and everything else for you. I really prefer boards from EVGA, XFX and BFG that don't have all of those features. I just had a not so great experience with a P55 board from MSI. Their automatic overclocking feature somehow got turned on so it clocked my i5 processor to 3.5 GHz. I kept getting BSODs whenever I would try to install the OS. The overclocking feature obiously didn't work because the overclock wasn't stable.

If you do keep the board and get new RAM, keep in mind that with DDR3 lower timings are usually better then faster speed.

Gigabyte is one of the most solid mobos on the market. MSI seems sturdy in my experience and very feature loaded indeed, and I dont mean gimicks. My MSI has an oc genie to auto oc. I tried it out and had no luck but the BIOS have more featuers then you can imagine enabling for a great variety of tweaks for a manual OC. Never heard of Zotec and I wont buy another ASUS product.

None the less heres my new PC:

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=855812

I also have a Thermalright "Limited Edition" TRUE Black Ultra-120 with a Scythe S-FLEX SFF21F fan on the cooler. The fans amazing! It blows like a Hurricane and its super quiet. Only audible when you put you ear up to it.

Your CPU must be downclocking because that CPU-Z validator shows it at 1.2 GHz. Load the CPU or disable all that and then validate again.

And yes that fan is quiet at only 1600 RPM and 63.7 CFM. On my Corsair H50 I have a Delta running at 4000 RPM and pushing 150.33 CFM. It's loud enough to take your ears off.