erfd

Unpacking files

I know how to unpack the files, but when Im done I cant change the file to a dds file. I saw that Stan or Hoppah said you can right-click on the file, click change, but I don't want to change the program it is going to appear in. Then they said it cant be changed back if editor is running, but it didn't work. So im kind of :nixweiss:

Guest lapd_metro
Changing dds to 3vo so it can be unpacked in the editor, then I cant change it back into a dds

I think you can change that with this program.

(Sorry language is korean)

1.Drag v3o file to Dark Namer

2.press button '확장자 변경'(left side second button from the lowest) and input 'dds' and press '확인'

3.Finally, press '실제 파일 변경'(left side top)

Dark_Namer.zip

I think you can change that with this program.

(Sorry language is korean)

1.Drag v3o file to Dark Namer

2.press button '확장자 변경'(left side second button from the lowest) and input 'dds' and press '확인'

3.Finally, press '실제 파일 변경'(left side top)

I don't think it worked. I couldn't find a dds file and I cant read the korean messages that pop up. :gruebel:

What key words do you want me to search for?Like I said, I saw what you guys said about changing it back when I searched a while ago, but it didn't make any sense in the topic I read.

okay, you are looking lost, so I will try my best to help you...

First of all, you change the file type to a V3O and it seems like you already know how to do that, after you do that, go in and unlock it... Now when you come out, back to windows( I would assume) you should see the file, lets call it whatever.v3o, and all you have to do is rename (if you can see the extension) then change the v30 to DDS, after you do that, you should be able to see it as a DDS file, now open this with your program of choice (I use photoshop) and edit it as you wish. If you plan on packing the file again, just repeat these steps backwards. (excluding the changes to the DDS itself :P )

Does this answer your question.?

okay, you are looking lost, so I will try my best to help you...

First of all, you change the file type to a V3O and it seems like you already know how to do that, after you do that, go in and unlock it... Now when you come out, back to windows( I would assume) you should see the file, lets call it whatever.v3o, and all you have to do is rename (if you can see the extension) then change the v30 to DDS, after you do that, you should be able to see it as a DDS file, now open this with your program of choice (I use photoshop) and edit it as you wish. If you plan on packing the file again, just repeat these steps backwards. (excluding the changes to the DDS itself :P )

Does this answer your question.?

Ya, thanks a lot , just one question, do you have to pack it again for it to be able to work in the game.

nope, doesn't need to be packed, really, the only reason Hoppah packed it was to prevent people from editing his skins and stealing them... All the original DDS's were not locked, Hoppah just got wise, and decided to do that as an "Anti-Theft system"

Ya, good idea. I got it to work. Thanks a lot. :cheers: