Tactics

Mission Making

Could use a helpful nudge with mission making for LA Mod - The tutorial says....

First you need a floor texture. It's ok to use whatever texture you make,

but for starters, we'll just stick with the stock ones. You can download them from the download section on the

http://www.emergency-planet.com/ site.

They are big packed .zip files. Unpack one that you like and open it in Photoshop. Now you must choose if you will use the whole map or just a part of it. If you use just a part, you need to cut it so you will see only the part you want. You can do this by editing the canvas size (NOT the image size) through the image menu. IMPORTANT: The width and height of the texture must be both a multiples of 512 pixels! If they aren't, editor will crash on loading the map! Cut the map as you want and check if the dimensions are multiples of 512. Are they? OK. Now save the cut map as a .tga file into the Maps directory of your mod (Emergency 4/Mods/YourMod/Maps). Now fire up the editor again, load your mod and go to terrain editor. You can now import the floor texture through the floor menu. Do so. You will be asked to open a file, so open the .tga file you have saved. Then, you will be asked to save an .eft file. That's the format EM uses to store its floor texture in, so save it in the Maps directory under the same name as you will save the map. Once it is converted, you

will see it tiled on the floor.

Save the map through the load/save menu under the same name as the floor is.

(For example in my, mod I have RoutineMod01.tga, RoutineMod01.eft and RoutineMod01.e4m. Feel free to delete the .tga files when they are converted, I have left the .jpgs and .tgas for demonstration of the cutting and importing process in the Maps folder of my mod).

It seems unclear - First he is talking about a texture and 512x512 then it jumps to a map. Do I download a map or floor texture first and exactly what do I do with them??

http://downloads.emergency-planet.com/inde...egory&id=20

It might seem retarded, but I'd just like to get a clean map to start making an LA Mod mission.

Thanks!

I could be completely wrong, but I think you may be able to import Jpg files in with not to much trouble (only makes sense, why else would they give them to us as jpg ? ), and it could also be a problem with the editor....

I'm not sure if logfile does editor too (mine does I am pretty sure) so do it again, and upload the logfile, so we can see what happens...

It has to be multiples of 512 to no larger than:8192x8192 I believe it the whole map... It was saved as JPG to keep the file size down, in a proper format the map will be like 100 mb, i am not sure about the TGA tag, I know TGA works, but PNG may work, I am not sure about that one...