MikeyPI

shows black loadup thing before refresh then closes

Dunno what I did, worked fine, changed screen resolution to an unacceptable one, ctrl alt del to close, changed the settings manually and ended up still with the problem. Then I reinstalled and it's still doing it. Only change is installation of FRAPS.. Stan help.

No, the cfg isnt set to read-only (nothing in the folder is).

I was able to make it run under ADMINISTRATOR only (vista) even after the UAC for the folders was removed, which is how I had it setup before and it did not require administrative permissions to run properly, so I don't know why it needs it now.

No, the cfg isnt set to read-only (nothing in the folder is).

I was able to make it run under ADMINISTRATOR only (vista) even after the UAC for the folders was removed, which is how I had it setup before and it did not require administrative permissions to run properly, so I don't know why it needs it now.

It seems it can't find the right screen resolution.

You checked the compatibility tab of the propreties screen of the em4.exe program? See if you can set it to 640x480 that way.

Also since you reinstalled the game maybe you need to take a look at your firewall and anti-virus software again since the settings could be deleted with the deinstallation as well.

greetz,

Edited by pyrothijs

It just wants to be an administrator, I guess it feels the need to be special. I can tolerate it but if anyone knows why it wants the rights please chime in, nothing config wise changed, remember it had the same problem prior to me reinstalling.

Not originally, no.. I have to press a button for admin rights every time and I hate it so I was happy when I did not have to do it... Unfortunately now I do :1046275873_shakehead:

Post your logfile at least and preferably the DXDIAG file (I believe projy covered it in a FAQ under the FAQ section if you don't know how to run the DXDIAG and save to log. The logfile.txt is in the root dir of the install location of your game. Program Files\Wizardworks\911 First Responders\ for ex. (sorry I am running from my memory here).

Then we might be able to see what your problem is being caused by.

Let me bring this back same problem for me but when i run as admin and it doesnt work...