Guest Wolfbite15

Click and Crash

Guest Wolfbite15

Hi, my games crashes when i select a unit, I have uploaded the log file for you.

Game version is 1.3-en, only just brought it in Game this morning.

PC specs

Intel core 2 Quad @2.4GHz

2.25GB ram

2x Nividia 8800GS

Windows XP, service pack 2

Edited by MikeyPI

Hi, my games crashes when i select a unit, I have uploaded the log file for you.

Game version is 1.3-en, only just brought it in Game this morning.

PC specs

Intel core 2 Quad @2.4GHz

2.25GB ram

2x Nividia 8800GS

Windows XP, service pack 2

The game can't seem to find the contents of your EM4\UI folder. If you use windows explorer can you see if that folder is present and if there are files in that folder?

If not a game reinstall might work.

greetz,

tried a reinstall still the same thing

ERROR: dynlight.vsf Version 3.0.0.0 or higher required!

This usually appears when you need to update your videodrivers. I don't know how long it has been, but maybe a visit to NVidia's webiste is worthwhile.

It could also mean you have codec packs (K-LITE, Samsung mobile phone software, basicly every program used for external devices) on your PC that make the game crashing. If you do please remove that.

greetz,

all of my codec pask are unistalled, no mobile software and the latest graphics drivers from Nvidia

Can I ask where you bought it from. Because your game can't find the beginning video, soundtracks or awards.

!VVideoPlayer::PlayVideo(): file 'base:/Video/take2.mpg' not found
?Could not load campaign data
?Could not load awards.xml
?Could not open mod:Audio/Soundtracks/soundtracks.xml
?UIPage: Could not load 'base:UI/Game/IngamePage.xml'
?UIDialog: Could not load 'base:UI/Game/popupdialog.xml'
?UIDialog: Could not load 'base:UI/Game/ChatWindow/ChatWindow.xml'
!WARNING: global listener object is still registered! Unregister listener before destroying object!

I reckon it might be something with the quad-core processor. Though I believe it works for others with quad-core. Stan will probably know what to do, wait for him to respond :)

Regards

James

Edited by james23222000

Guest Wolfbite15

Well i have done everything I can think off is there any Idea's on how I might be able to solve this problem?

I have updated the drivers, uninstalled all my codec's, set the game to run on one processor and i still get the same problem.

Hmm i have a similar rig to yours,but im using vista,all i can suggest is downloading service pack 3 for windows XP,also have u got latest drivers for your sound card if you have one,and have you got any anti virus software running,as this is a common problem with lots of games,so long as you got a firewall running,you can turn off your anti virus stuff temporarily while playing games,dont know if that helps,but i had similar problems with another game,and it was my virus software causing the issue....

I looked through your log and what I am guessing here (merely a guess) is that chances are your computer is interfering with the installation of the game it's self. From what I read in your posts you could get the game to load up, do whatever you wanted to do, which I guess is freeplay and when you click on a unit it crashes? All of the UI Texture files are claiming to not be found in the log file so chances are something is preventing them from installing properly.

IF this is the case that you can load the game and load a varient of the game options and it only crashes after you try to click on a unit, here would be my suggestion.

What I would like for you to do is the following items step-by-step:

1).UNINSTALL THE GAME

2).Go into the default install location (IE C:\Program Files\Wizardworks\Emergency 911\) and remove all reminants of it's existance (IE from wizardworks on needs to be deleted manually from what the game de-install missed).

3).Temporarilly SUSPEND your ANTI-VIRUS, it is rare in the current day, but occasionally an antivirus will prevent a program from installing/functioning correctly, the very same issue happened to me just the other day with an older application I had to install on my computer.

4).Now, Run the installation as an ADMINISTRATOR, hopefully you know how to do this since apparently we all have diff software sources for the game.

5).Once it is installed, before you do anything else go into the shortcut properties and give it administrative rights.

6).Try to run the game now with the Anti-Virus STILL suspended, if the game functions fine, go ahead and close the game and RESUME your anti-virus software and reboot the game to see if it still works fine.

NOTE:

Your AV/Firewall should NOT stop you from playing the game under normal conditions unless you have the SS(Nazi) version of such software. The only thing your firewall should try to do is prevent the game from going online, which unfortunately most of our routers/networking gear does anyway, so I give the odds that your AV/Firewall is the cause of the problem is fairly low. Just in case Temporarilly Suspend the Anti-Virus during the Installation and the first loading of the game this time. The Administrative Rights Should be left on for the game permanently unfortunately.

If this does not work I suggest since you neglected to mention how you recieved your copy of the game that you reaquire the software copy if it was a digital download (which is what most of us deal with). It is possible that the download either did not complete correctly or was otherwise damaged, occasionally a file will claim that it has successfully downloaded completely when in fact it is not completed. Typically they will NOT work, but occasionally especially with older Install applications they will still try to install regardless to the fact that the file size does not match. Remember IF you purchased a Digital Download version of Emergency: 911 First Responders it comes Pre-Patched, so do not install any patches to the original game. For EM4/Deluxue I am not sure how they ship today.

Hope this helps you to repair your game so you can enjoy it, if not please be a bit more specific with what you are trying to do when it crashes as well as what version of the game you have because the log file is saying the UI files are missing.

Emergency 4

Emergency 4 Deluxue

Emergency: 911 First Responders

Guest Wolfbite15

I went to game on the weekend as brought the Emergency 4, so i have the CD version and that is already at 1.3en.

When I click on a unit to deploy them the game just crashes to desktop, now I have followed what you have said and I still get the same, but thanks for trying to help anyway.

NOTE:

Your AV/Firewall should NOT stop you from playing the game under normal conditions unless you have the SS(Nazi) version of such software. The only thing your firewall should try to do is prevent the game from going online, which unfortunately most of our routers/networking gear does anyway, so I give the odds that your AV/Firewall is the cause of the problem is fairly low. Just in case Temporarilly Suspend the Anti-Virus during the Installation and the first loading of the game this time. The Administrative Rights Should be left on for the game permanently unfortunately.

I did not mention his firewall would interfere with him playing the game off line,sorry if that was mis understood,and if you tried everything we have mentioned,not sure what could cause it,i shot in the dark,how old is your current pc,could even be a hard drive error,as in your hard drive could be on its last legs,thus causing the game too not install properly,maybe someone else could shed some more light on that one

First logfile:

?Could not load campaign data

?Could not load awards.xml

?Could not open mod:Audio/Soundtracks/soundtracks.xml

?UIPage: Could not load 'base:UI/Game/IngamePage.xml'

?UIDialog: Could not load 'base:UI/Game/popupdialog.xml'

?UIDialog: Could not load 'base:UI/Game/ChatWindow/ChatWindow.xml'

This sounds like a Codec pack for me, but why it got away in the second logfile after sp3 install is a question for me