Guest NMDanny

How to add equipment to vehicles and remove freeplay events?

Guest NMDanny

How can i edit the vehicles so they have more equipment(barricade/roadblock of LA Mod) to little cars too? (not suvs or trucks) and firetrucks etc.

And how can i disable freeplay events(the new LA Mod submod of the new freeplay)

How can i edit the vehicles so they have more equipment(barricade/roadblock of LA Mod) to little cars too? (not suvs or trucks) and firetrucks etc.

I'm guessing (since your talking about LA MOD) that you want to make changes to the vehicles in the LA mod, correct?

In that case open the Mods folder in the EM4 main directory. Now open the LA MOD1.7 folder.

Open the Units folder and open the vehicles folder.

Now it depends on the vehicle you want to edit which folders you need to open.

For example I'll add the flash bang to the normal police cruiser. So open the police folder and open the 090lapdpatrolcar folder.

Now you see a file called unit.xml. Use notepad or wordpad or whatever to open the file (right click --> open with...).

Look for the following text (it appears twice: once for campaign once for freeplay):

<equipment>

<unit id="ROAD BLOCK" />

<unit id="FIRE EXTINGUISHER" />

</equipment>

Now create an extra line between <unit id="FIRE EXTINGUISHER" /> and </equipment>. You then copy the text <unit id="FIRE EXTINGUISHER" /> on that empty line like this:

<equipment>

<unit id="ROAD BLOCK" />

</equipment>

Now replace FIRE EXTINGUISHER with the name of the equipment you want (look for a vehicle that carries the equipment and copy the name of their unit.xml file if you don't know how to spell the item). In our case FLASH GRENADE (found it in the LAPDSUV folder).

<equipment>

<unit id="ROAD BLOCK" />

<unit id="FLASH GRENADE" />

</equipment>

Now also copy the text above over the freeplay part and save the file.

BTW for as far as i know this only works with vehicles you call via the side menu (F1 till F4). I'm not sure if it will work with the vehicles already stationed on the map (in freeplay)...

And how can i disable freeplay events(the new LA Mod submod of the new freeplay)

I'm going to bed now, I'll explain that tomorrow.

Guest NMDanny

Where can i get the correct names for all equipment.

Almost on every police car i find the fire thing and "road block", but i think that they mean spike strip. i need for the Barricade(aka the fence)

i tried looking on the models folder but they aren't correct names

Where can i get the correct names for all equipment.

Almost on every police car i find the fire thing and "road block", but i think that they mean spike strip. i need for the Barricade(aka the fence)

i tried looking on the models folder but they aren't correct names

You'll need to edit the LApoliceBarricade.script script to add those to a vehicle.

once you've opened the script and you scroll down a bit you'll see this text:

if (v.IsValid() && !v.IsDestroyed() && StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/suv_lapd.e4p") == 0 ||

StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/hummerh2_lasd.e4p") == 0 ||

StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/rescue_truck01_lapd.e4p") == 0 ||

StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/rescue_truck02_lapd.e4p") == 0 ||

StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/swat_armoured_vehicle.e4p") == 0 ||

StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/swat_truck.e4p") == 0 ||

StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 US Army/hmmwv.e4p") == 0 ||

StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/05 US Army/us_army_truck.e4p") == 0)

return true;

These are all the vehicles that carry the police barricade fence.

BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF THE SCRIPT. If something goes wrong you can always replace it with the original and keep on playing.

Now copy the second line of text (the one about the sherrifs department hummer), creat an extra line beneath that text and paste the rule. Like this:

if (v.IsValid() && !v.IsDestroyed() && StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/suv_lapd.e4p") == 0 ||

StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/hummerh2_lasd.e4p") == 0 ||

StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/rescue_truck01_lapd.e4p") == 0 ||

StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/rescue_truck02_lapd.e4p") == 0 ||

StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/swat_armoured_vehicle.e4p") == 0 ||

StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/swat_truck.e4p") == 0 ||

StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 US Army/hmmwv.e4p") == 0 ||

StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/05 US Army/us_army_truck.e4p") == 0)

return true;

Now replace the prototype pad of the hummer with the pad of the vehicle you're looking for. If you don't know the name then simple open the LA mod 1.7 folder, open the data folder and open the prototype folder. You can find all vehicles in there. For example the LAPD cruiser:

StrCompare(v.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/cv_lapd_slicktop.e4p") == 0 ||

return true;

Now safe the file and see if it worked.

good luck

Now about your second question: what exactly do you mean? Do you want to remove all incidents of one sort from freeplay (for example no more heart attacks), do you want to remove all incidents for one group of services (no more incidents for the tech department), do you want to disable all freeplay events or do you just want to remove one specific incident (e.g. a single accident)?

greetz,

Edited by pyrothijs

Unfortunately that did not work. YES it did put a picture of the tool on the engine but my guys still ran to the rescue to grab the tool. Is there another file we must change?

If you want to add/edit the standard equipment of vehicles (axe, fire extinguisher, hose, jump pad, jaws of life, chain saw, road block and flash grenade) I think you should also edit the vehicle in the editor. I'll start up the editor then I'll edit this post to tell you how. If you want to edit the non standard items on vehicles then you should use the method mentioned above.

Start the editor and load the mod (click modifications on the top of the screen and select the mod). This will load the mod (may take a few minutes). Now click edit on the top of the screen and select scene to bring up the prototype menu (or press F1). Select the vehicles tab.

Now select the correct department from the box beneath, for example will take the fire department. Select the correct vehicle by clicking on the name. The name will turn gray and you can see an example of the vehicle if you move your mouse over the screen (to see if it is the correct vehicle). If it is the vehicle you need, then press edit (on the right side of the property menu). This will open the edit vehicle menu.

In the edit vehicle menu choose edit traits (right side), this will open the edit traits menu. Here you can select the equipment the vehicle caries by chechking the boxes in front of the equipment name. If you're happy press OK to close the traits menu, press OK again to close the edit vehicles menu and save the changes. Quit the editor and try again.

greetz,

Edited by pyrothijs

Can't you just edit the XML file for the vehicle? The equipment is all listed in there.

As far as I know editing the XML file would only display the symbol for that equipment when you select the vehicle from the 'order vehicles' menu (F1 till F4). It will not add the piece of equipment to the car. So you would still have the same problem: personnell will run to another vehicle to retrieve the requested equipment.