Guest Caddi17

Startup issue

Guest Caddi17

hey, i was wondering if someone would be able to help me with a probleme that i have. When i go to start my game, it pops up a black screen then goes back to windwos almost instantly. i have been able to play this game ever since version 1.4 of the l.a. mod and it stoped working suddenly. If someone who knows what the problem is can help me that would be greatly appreciated. I have provided my logfile and my dxdiag file to help with solving the problem.

DxDiag.txt

|Setting screen mode to x:1024 / y:768 / bpp:32 / refresh:0

|Screen Mode is fullscreen, return value: -402

|Stencil buffer: 0 bit / ZBuffer: 24 bit

?VulpineWrapper::ChangeScreenMode(): VERR_NOSCREENMODE - Screen mode could not be set

It's the screen resolution that is set in your config file, I would recommend trying changing them or try to use the config file in our download database :)

Guest Caddi17
It's the screen resolution that is set in your config file, I would recommend trying changing them or try to use the config file in our download database :)

Ok, i tried swapping my config file with the one from the database and it still did not work, how do i change the resolution manually?

Guest Caddi17
Open the config file and change x_res and y_res

Ok, i tried that with an 800 x 600 resolution and other configurations and it still wont start :nixweiss:

what resolution should i use for this game if i have a 15 inch screen?

Copy the cfg file to your desktop, edit the values to 800x600, then save it. then move it back to the root directory of the game.

Next, make sure Emergency4.exe or whichever version you have has the proper permissions (make it run as an administrator).

You have vista and I am pretty sure this is probrably your problem.